The ability of stem cell cures in India to improve a variety of illnesses and ailments which achieved considerable interest in the medical community. This novel technique is rising in popularity in India and giving patients looking for alternative treatments hope.
Before talking about the step-by-step guide to stem cell treatment. We will go through what stem cell therapy is and how it will be beneficial to us.
Limelight on the Word “Stem Cell”
Undifferentiated cells called stem cells are capable of differentiating within the body into several kinds of specialised cells. They can self-renew and specialise in several cell types, such as muscle cells, neuron cells, or blood cells. Development of the embryo, tissue repair, and regeneration all depend heavily on stem cells.
Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), which are produced by reprogramming adult cells, can also be used to create them. Other sources of these cells include adult tissues, embryos, and iPSCs. Research on stem cells has the potential to advance regenerative medicine, better understand disease causes, and create novel treatments.
What Is Stem Cell Therapy?
Using stem cells to cure or prevent illnesses or damage is known as stem cell therapy. Stem cells are distinct cells that can differentiate into a variety of specialised cell types in the body.
In stem cell cure in India, damaged or diseased tissues or organs are either replaced with healthy ones or stimulated to regenerate inside the body. Depending on the desired goal, they have the capacity to differentiate into particular cell types, such as nerve cells, heart muscle cells, or blood cells.
Certain types of cancer, autoimmune disorders, neurological diseases including Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, and spinal cord injuries are among the problems that stem cell therapy has shown promise in treating, its applicability and efficacy, however, are still being actively researched, and they depend on the particular disease or condition being treated.
What Are the Processes Taken in India for Stem Cell Treatment?
With the potential to heal a variety of illnesses and injuries, stem cell treatment has emerged as a ground-breaking medical technique. Due to its cutting-edge medical facilities, qualified medical staff, and affordable options, we are one of the best stem cell centre in India which has grown to be a favourable location for stem cell therapy. We will provide a thorough description of the step-by-step procedure for stem cell therapy in India in this guide for anybody interested in this modern treatment.
First step: Examinations and umbilical cord collection-
- After giving birth to their children, healthy moms willingly donate the umbilical cord blood. Each expectant mother undergoes a thorough health examination before giving birth. Also obtained is the mother’s and the family’s complete medical history.
- Blood donation is subject to stringent rules that guarantee only the best care is given. In order to fully comprehend any pathogen situation, competent doctors do numerous rounds of testing. Umbilical cord transplants are only permitted on women who have been examined and found to be healthy and free of any disorder or other conditions.
Second step: Continuation of testing-
- After being gathered, samples are analysed, and all communicable diseases are found to be absent. The sample is subsequently brought to the labs for official testing, after which it becomes a biotechnology mus. Each and every sample that is processed and sent to the patient is entirely the responsibility of the laboratory where the sample is sent for testing. A second round of testing is then conducted on the acquired material.
- In order to ensure the highest and best quality for its cell products, the laboratory also conducts testing for various cytomegalovirus, exogenous viruses, microorganisms such as aerobic bacteria, anaerobic bacteria, fungi, etc., survival rate, stem cell and the surface markers in addition to stem cell biological characteristics that help with colony forming ability and differential capacity.
Third step: Separation-
- The necessary components that are collected from the cord blood are divided once the cord blood serum has been obtained and the stem cells have been prepared for the process of culture. Removal of the blood cells from the blood serum and stem cells is necessary in order to prevent interference with upcoming injections. The serum and stem cells are then distinguished from the red blood cells and platelets using a centrifuge.
- This method of separation is extremely sophisticated, cultured and specialised. The stem cells are then retrieved for cultivation when the separating process is finished.
Fourth step: Culturing method-
- The carefully extracted stem cells from each and every umbilical cord are then carefully sewn into a flask that has been completely filled with an incubator for growth. Foetal calf serum is included in the non-animal product-containing medium, which is enhanced in functionality by a number of cell growth agents.
- The flasks are then placed in an incubator that has been sterilised, with the temperature and humidity maintained. Following a thorough expansion in the culture medium, the stem cells. When the entire culturing process is over, the culture medium is harvested when it has wilted or been completely washed away.
Fifth step: The preservation-
- The cryo-preserved cell products are kept at a constant temperature of 196 degrees Celsius and are added liquid nitrogen continuously thanks to the very sophisticated BioArchive system.
- This method enables integrated management of the freezing temperature rate, completely eliminating the risk of temperature fluctuations. The cry-preservation storage facility is one that is well-equipped with a 24-hour real-time control system. In the event of a power outage or other emergency, it is a redundant fail-safe treatment that ensures the smooth operation of the normal takes place properly.
Sixth step: Transferring and packaging-
- All stem cell batches are provided to go through the final testing. They undergo thorough quality and quantity checks throughout the process. Each and every unit of stem cells is carefully placed into a sterile vial or an IV bag that can be utilised for future transplantation after being thoroughly inspected for safety.
- Each item is carefully catalogued separately and then tracked as it travels through the system. The cell transplants could happen anywhere from two to three days a week.
Stem Cell Care India offers hope to individuals seeking innovative therapeutic options for various medical conditions. By understanding the above-mentioned steps, you can navigate the process with confidence.