A bone marrow transplant in India is a procedure that replaces unhealthy blood-forming cells with fresh, healthy ones. These cells, known as blood stem cells, are located in the soft tissue of the bone marrow. As they mature, they migrate from the bone marrow into the bloodstream, where they develop into red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. By exchanging the sick cells with healthy ones, a BMT can help the body to fight off diseases and restore its normal functioning.
Your bone marrow is home to an incredible production line. From the hematopoietic stem cells, a wide range of cells are produced. These cells can transform into different types of blood cells found in your body, such as red blood cells, platelets, and white blood cells. With bone marrow transplant in Delhi, these cells are harvested from the donor and then transplanted into the recipient’s body.
If you have the following listed conditions, then you might need this treatment and bone marrow transplant centers in India.
- Multiple Myeloma
- Aplastic Anemia
- Solid tumor cancers in rare cases
- Some autoimmune diseases such as lupus
A blood and bone marrow transplant could be a potential solution for certain individuals. To decide if it is the right choice, a group of healthcare professionals at SCCI will assess the patient’s situation. We will evaluate the details to decide if the transplant is the best course of action.
At Stem Cell Care India, an individual who is seeking an effective, safe, and affordable treatment for their condition can get the best facility and support from them. According to our past patients, we are the best hospital for bone marrow transplant in Delhi.
Cancer can be a life-altering illness, but for some, a blood or marrow transplant can provide hope for recovery. These transplants are designed to replace diseased or damaged cells with healthy ones. For those with cancer, this could mean a renewed chance at life. Different types of transplants are tailored to the individual, depending upon the type and severity of cancer. With the right treatment, these transplants can make a real difference.
Two distinct forms of transplantation exist, categorized by the origin of the stem cells being donated, which include:
- Autologous bone marrow transplantFor autologous stem cell transplantation, your body is first subjected to powerful chemotherapy and/or radiation treatments to destroy the damaged cells. Then, your own previously harvested stem cells are thawed and reintroduced, allowing your body to regenerate healthy cells. This process, known as autologous transplant, is a promising way to treat diseases of the blood and immune system.
- Benefits of this treatment method:A wonderful perk of an autologous stem cell transplant is that you’re receiving your own cells again. With these self-derived cells, you don’t have to worry about your body rejecting them. It’s a relief knowing that the engrafted cells, or the grafts, will be welcomed back with open arms.
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantAn allogeneic bone marrow transplant in India unites the life-saving power of donor stem cells with the patient’s body, creating a powerful bond that can be a match made in heaven. The ideal donor is a close family member, such as a brother or sister, due to the similarity in tissue type, which can reduce the risk of complications. If a close relative isn’t available, a matched unrelated donor transplant might be used, which is slightly more dangerous but still a viable option.
- Benefits:Donor stem cells have the ability to generate immune cells that could help eliminate any cancerous cells that remain following intensive treatment. This is referred to as the graft-versus-cancer or graft-versus-tumor effect. Additionally, additional stem cells or white blood cells can be obtained from the donor if needed, and the cells from healthy donors are guaranteed to be cancer-free.
The Stem Cells can either be harvested from another person or collected from patient’s own body. Donor is the person from whom the cells are acquired.
Autologous transplant – The stem cells are acquired from the patient either from the bone marrow or apheresis, the retrieved stem cells are then given back to the patient post a proper conditioning treatment.
Allogeneic transplant – In this type of transplant Stem cells are acquired either from the bone marrow or apheresis but not from the patient, but a HLA matched donor, usually the donor is a blood relative. Other than a blood relative the donor can be an identical twin, in this case the genetic match is found and hence it is a great alternative. The HLA can be found a match from a completely unrelated donor, it is usually found that national registries serve the best for this alternate. Stem cells can also be acquired from umbilical cord immediately post the infant’s delivery. These are tested, typed, and frozen for later use.
Transplant Treatment Process
The bone marrow stem cell treatment procedure is widely divided into seven types:
Preparation: This is the phase which initiates as the patient reaches out for the treatment. The patient reaches the stem cell center and starts by explaining the condition. After doctor’s thorough medical evaluation, orientation, informed consent, and other preliminary activities. The procedure is finally initiated. A learned professional doctor will prepare you with the must know information and help you with the procedure insight.
Stem Cells Harvest: Collection or accumulation of the stem cells is a necessary step which is done either from the bone marrow or from the peripheral blood by apheresis. The acquiring process can be done from the donor which is a form of Allogenic transplant or from the patient itself, this is called Autologus transplant.
Conditioning: This phase is generally the one which is inclusive of high-dose chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or both of them initiated as per doctor’s advice after thorough analysis of your particular condiiton. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are both administerd in doses which obliterate the bone marrow functioning and results in the effectivley destroying the impening disease. Depending upon the chemotherapy and radiation therapy schedule and outcomes, some conditioning therapy may or may not be administered in the outpatient setting. The Preparation, Harvesting and Conditioning together comprises of the Pre-Bone Marrow Transplant Phase.
Transplant: This is the actual transplant phase is which the infusion of the donor’s bone marrow or stem cells takes place. Post the completion of conditioning regimen, the patient will receive the infusion of stem cells from bone marrow. The duration which extends beyond the transplant is considered and called as the Post Bone Marrow Transplant phase.
Engraftment: This phase essentially is inclusive of monitoring, supportive treatment, and management of all the impending complications while waiting for the signs of generation and growth of new cell growth.
Early Recovery: After the transplant it usually takes about 10 to 28 days for the signs to appear that affirm the new bone marrow or stem cells are engrafting which is inclusive of growth and development. Close monitoring will continue with supportive care during this time. Preparation is made for the patient to return.
Long-Term Recovery: This phase involves ditching the treatment center, or dealing with any ongoing clinical issues, and adopting and establishing life patterns. Patients however are expected to undergo follow ups to steer clear from any long term complication of BMT.
Key features incorporated in Stem Cell Therapy Centres
- High-quality state-of-the-art infrastructure with latest technical advancements
- Fastest growing stem cell transplant program in India.
- The provision to adeptly perform haploidentical and matched donor transplant.
- Use of cryopreservation with use of liquid nitrogen (N2).
- CD34 Detection Lab facility.
- Indian Stem cell transplant registry and the Asia Pacific Blood and Marrow Transplantation group.
- HLA testing present in-house.
- Transplant suit room with spacious accommodation well equipped with HEPA filter and positive pressure
- Intensive care unit with isolation beds for Infant and adults.
- Outpatients are offered Day care facility.
- Endoscopy / Bronchoscopy / Dialysis unit available.
- Chemotherapy / Immunotherapy / Blood Transfusion.
- Transplants for- infants, child, adult and elderly.
- Chemotherapy / Immunotherapy/Blood Transfusion.
- Endoscopy/Bronchoscopy/Dialysis unit available.
Department of Transfusion Medicine
- 24/7 service of blood components which is inclusive of platelet apheresis.
- Blood components NAT tested.
- Peripheral stem cell harvesting and bone marrow processing both have transplant units dedicated for the treatment.
- Gamma Irradiator.
Bone marrow treatment, also known as bone marrow transplant or hematopoietic stem cell transplant, is a medical procedure that involves replacing a patient’s damaged or diseased bone marrow with healthy stem cells. This treatment is often used to treat various types of cancers, such as leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma, as well as other blood disorders like sickle cell anemia and thalassemia.
The procedure typically involves three main stages:
- Pre-transplant preparation – This involves a series of tests and evaluations to determine the best course of treatment and to prepare the patient’s body for the transplant. The patient may undergo chemotherapy or radiation therapy to kill any remaining cancer cells and suppress their immune system to prevent rejection of the new cells.
- Harvesting of stem cells – The healthy stem cells can come from the patient’s own body, from a matched donor, or from an umbilical cord. The stem cells are then collected and purified.
- Transplantation – The purified stem cells are then injected into the patient’s bloodstream through a vein. The stem cells will then travel to the bone marrow and begin to grow and produce new blood cells.
After the transplant, the patient will be closely monitored to ensure that the new stem cells are growing and producing healthy blood cells. This procedure can be a lifesaving treatment for those with certain types of blood disorders and cancers. However, it is a complex and risky procedure and requires careful consideration and evaluation by a medical team.
The process of implantation is pivotal for success in bone marrow transplant; the infusion of healthy donor stem cells into the recipient’s bloodstream is like planting a seed – the stem cells travel to the bone marrow, settle in, and bloom as new blood cells.
Bringing stem cells to life, stem cell implantation can be reached in several ways. Possibilities include the following steps:
- Intravenous administration
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Liberation angioplasty
- Surgical administration for stroke
The successful transplant of bone marrow is a delicate and essential endeavor. To guarantee the best result for the patient, extreme caution and precision must be applied throughout the procedure.
Bone marrow transplant (BMT) is a lifesaving treatment for those who suffer from certain illnesses or cancers. This process involves harvesting stem cells from the bone marrow, purifying them, and then either give them back to the donor or another person. The aim of bone marrow cancer treatment in India is to infuse healthy stem cells into a patient, replacing the unhealthy cells that have been destroyed. It is a potent therapy that can give new life to those who need it.
Rather than requiring major surgery, a bone marrow transplant is more like having a blood transfusion. The process begins with a needle being inserted into the donor’s pelvic bone. From there, bone marrow cells are retrieved and then passed on to the recipient. This powerful procedure has the potential to save lives and restore health.
Patients who have undergone high doses of chemotherapy or radiation may need to receive a bone marrow transplant to restore their body’s ability to produce blood. In this process, patients are typically in the hospital for three to four weeks after the transplant to ensure a successful recovery. In the event of a complication, the hospital stay may be longer.
- How will we know if the bone marrow transplant is a success?
As soon as the transplant is complete, we’ll be watching eagerly to see if their body is making new, healthy cells. We’ll make sure that these cells are coming from the right source and that they’re doing their job. We’ll be keeping a close eye on the patient to make sure that everything is going smoothly and that there aren’t any complications.
- What is the required length of isolation following a bone marrow transplant?
After a transplant, your body embarks on a journey of renewal. It may take three months or longer, but eventually, your cells will regenerate, and you will be restored to full health. This is a time of healing and growth – a period of great potential.
- Which diseases or conditions are treated by BMT in stem cell transplant centers in India?
Listed are some of the common diseases that are treatable at Stem Cell Care India, the best hospital for bone marrow transplant in Delhi.
- Sickle disease anemia
- Aplastic anemia
- Germ cell tumors or solid tumor cancers in rare cases
- What is the survival rate for bone marrow transplants?
The future is looking brighter for people undergoing autologous or allogeneic bone marrow transplants. Over the years, success rates have soared, although the final result depends on the patient’s disease and condition at the moment of transplantation.
A bone marrow transplant can be a lifesaving procedure by a bone marrow specialist in Delhi, as it allows for the delivery of high doses of chemotherapy or radiation without further damaging the bone marrow. This transplant also replaces unhealthy bone marrow with new stem cells, which can help to rid the body of cancer cells. In essence, a bone marrow transplant can provide a second chance at life.
The transplant will be deemed a success when your blood counts soar thanks to the multiplying new stem cells, and your body is soon restored to its former vitality.
After donating bone marrow, it may take some time to feel like your old self again. You might experience some tenderness in your lower back and hips for a few days afterward. Take it easy and allow yourself time to heal so you can get back to your regular timetable.
The success of stem cell transplant centers in India or bone marrow treatments is contingent upon several key elements. From the type of marrow used to the patient’s overall health, the efficacy of this procedure is dependent upon a range of considerations. Everything from the quality of the marrow to the physical condition of the patient will determine the outcome of this life-saving operation.
At Stem Cell Care India, we aim to make every patient’s medical experience a success story. Our cutting-edge technologies and experienced team of professionals strive to bring the best quality of care while delivering positive results. We are devoted to providing international support and assistance at an economical rate, as well as helping our patients reach their highest potential of health and well-being. Every patient is our opportunity to make a real difference in their life, and it is our mission to see them through to the end of their journey.
A bone marrow transplant is a medical procedure that involves replacing the damaged or destroyed bone marrow in a patient’s body with healthy bone marrow stem cells. This treatment is typically used for patients with certain types of cancer, blood disorders, and other conditions that affect the bone marrow.
The cost of a bone marrow transplant can vary depending on a number of factors. These factors include the
- location of the treatment center,
- the type of transplant procedure used, and
- the patient’s individual health and medical needs.
In general, bone marrow transplants tend to be quite expensive due to the complex nature of the procedure and the need for specialized medical equipment and expertise. Patients may also need to pay for additional costs such as medications, hospital stays, and follow-up appointments.
Despite the high cost of a bone marrow transplant, many patients find that the benefits of the procedure far outweigh the financial costs. For those with life-threatening conditions, bone marrow transplant centers in India with the best treatment facility can provide a chance at a longer and healthier life.
A bone marrow transplant is a complex medical procedure that involves replacing damaged or diseased bone marrow with healthy bone marrow. The success rate of this procedure can vary depending on various factors, such as the age and health of the patient, the type of disease or condition being treated, and the availability of suitable bone marrow donors.
Despite the challenges involved, bone marrow transplant has proven to be a highly effective treatment option for many patients. The procedure has the potential to provide long-term remission or even a cure for certain types of blood cancers and other disorders that affect the bone marrow.
The success of a bone marrow transplant depends on many factors, including the patient’s immune system response, the quality of the donor bone marrow, and the medical team’s expertise and experience in performing the procedure. The use of advanced techniques and technologies has also contributed to the success rate of bone marrow transplants, making it a viable treatment option for more patients.
While the success rate of bone marrow transplants may vary, it is important to note that even in cases where the procedure is not entirely successful, patients may still benefit from some improvements in their condition. Moreover, researchers are constantly exploring new techniques and approaches to improve the success rate of bone marrow transplant and make them accessible to more patients.
For those hoping to find a cure for their life-threatening illness, India is a beacon of hope. Here, you will find a cost-effective solution to your bone marrow transplant needs. The country boasts a wide range of donors, making it easier than ever to find a match.
Additionally, the most advanced medical technologies and treatments are available, ensuring that you receive the best care available. India is the perfect place to find the life-saving miracle you need.
Experience the power of hope and healing with a bone marrow cancer treatment in India at Stem Cell Care India. Our cutting-edge technology and expert medical team offer the best chance for a brighter, healthier tomorrow.
You’ll be among the first to experience the latest advances in medical care while having the assurance that your care is designed just for you. Feel secure knowing that your health is in the best of your hands.
- Let us handle all the details of your Indian trip! From the initial planning to the post-treatment follow-up, we will make sure your experience is as comfortable and stress-free as possible. We are with you every step of the way!
- Following a short stay of only three days, patients can now bask in the warmth of home and slip back into their normal daily lives.
- At our facility, you can rest easy knowing that your health and safety are our top priority. Our team of knowledgeable professionals is dedicated to providing treatments that are both reliable and effective.
- At SCCI, get the most bang for your buck! Our top-notch bone marrow transplant services rival those in the West, but at a fraction of the cost. Experience the same excellent care in a state-of-the-art facility at a highly affordable price.
- Sammy visited us for an allogeneic bone marrow transplant in India
I was diagnosed with leukemia and my doctor recommended a bone marrow transplant. I was nervous about the procedure, but I went through with it and I am so glad I did. Thanks to the transplant, my cancer is in remission and I feel stronger and healthier than ever before. I am so grateful to the medical team that performed the transplant and to the generous donor who provided the bone marrow.
- Hamid Raza came to us for his son’s treatment with bone marrow treatment
My son was born with a rare genetic disorder that affects his bone marrow. We were desperate for a treatment that could help him, and his doctors suggested an autologous stem cell transplantation. It was a difficult journey, but the transplant was successful, and we have seen a remarkable improvement in our son’s health. He is now able to do things that we never thought possible, and we are so thankful for the opportunity that the transplant gave us.
- Rupam Sharma visited SCCI for her treatment of blood disorder
I was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder that was causing me a lot of pain and fatigue. My doctor recommended a bone marrow transplant from the best hospital for bone marrow transplant in Delhi as a treatment option, and I was hesitant at first. However, after going through the procedure, I feel like a completely different person. My symptoms have disappeared, and I have more energy than I have had in years. I cannot thank my medical team enough for their expertise and care.
- Afreena Ahhmed from Dubai came to India Seeking Our Help
I was diagnosed with sickle cell anemia when I was a child, and I have struggled with the disease my entire life. However, after receiving a bone marrow transplant from SCCI, my symptoms have decreased significantly, and I feel like I have a new lease on life. I am so grateful for the donor who provided the bone marrow and for the medical team who made the transplant possible. I highly recommend this treatment option to anyone who is struggling with a similar condition.
Prior to any sample being used for further testing and analysis, each patient must first be subjected to a thorough external verification from an accredited laboratory. This is vital for the safety of the patient, as well as for the precision of outcomes. It is also required to maintain the honesty of the experiment and to guarantee that the findings are dependable and applicable. Without this authentication, there is no guarantee that the results would be precise and dependable. Through this exhaustive authentication process, we can make certain that the outcomes are of the utmost excellence and that the patient’s safety is preserved.
For the coming year-and-a-half, Stem Cell Care India will be with you every step of the way, providing personalized and attentive care. We are dedicated to delivering only the best services, and continuously looking for ways to improve our processes. Our team is always available to lend an ear and provide extra assistance should you need it. Your health and wellbeing are our top priority, and we are devoted to ensuring that you are well taken care of.
Stem Cell Care India Treatment Procedure
- Pick up from the Airport to the Hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Admission procedure
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Stem cell Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
- For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
- Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
Objective of Bone Marrow Transplant
Bone Marrow Transplant is adept for the following purpose:
- It can be useful in case replacing a missing gene. For instance, in case of Thalassemia, Sickle cell disease, and some other genetic disorders. These are diseases in which person misses a gene, which can be replaced with Bone Marrow Transplant.
- High dose of anticancer therapies may lead to loss of bone marrow. This means stem cells support is required for adept treatment, which is recovered with marrow after a prolonged period of time. This causes high complication rate from various infections and significant bleeding. Infusing the stem cells lower the low blood count risk by a significant figure due to marrow suppression.
- GVDA better known as Graft versus Disease activity, more commonly known as “Graft v Leukemia effect” is preferred in chronic myeloid leukemia.
Why Bone Marrow Transplant is done?
Stem cell transplants are used to treat people who suffer from damaged stem cells due to a disease or during the course of treatment of a disease. Leukemia is another condition that leads to stem cell damage, and affects the donor’s immune system. Stem cell transplants can be of great benefit to people who are suffering from a variety of ailments, it works well with both cancerous (malignant) and noncancerous (nonmalignant) diseases.
The way that the stem cell transplant helps effectively treat blood disorders is by the following:
- Terminating the cancer cells– In the stem cell transplant treatment, you’ll first be administered with powerful drugs (chemotherapy) and radiation therapy to terminate the cancer cells. Doctors infuse in the stem cells into the body, these healthy stem cells are all acquired from the donor. The new introduced stem cells migrated to the bone marrow over the time, help produce healthy new cells.
- Help with faster and swifter recovery from chemotherapy and radiation. The healthy cells which are infused in the stem cell transplant procedure allows and initiates faster recovery time from the chemotherapy and radiation procedures, since the cell haven’t yet been treated upon.
- Acute leukemia – Myeloid & Lymphoid Leukemia
- Chronic Leukemia – Myeloid & Lymphoid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Hodgkin`s and Non Hodgkin`s Lymphoma
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Anemias – Thalassemia, Aplastic Anemia, Sickle Cell Disease and all other anemias
- Bleeding Disorders and Coagulation Disorders
- Immunodeficiency Disorders
- Benign WBC Disorders
- Thalassemia Major & Sickle Cell Disease
- Aplastic Anemia
- Acute and Chronic Leukemia
- Lymphoma – NHL And HD
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease
- Other states of bone marrow failure – MDS, PNH, PRCA, Fanconi`s Anemia
- High – risk Neuroblastoma, Ewing Sarcoma & Medulloblastoma
- Hurler Syndrome
- HLH – Both primary and secondary
- Auto Immune Disorder – Multiple Sclerosis, Systemic Sclerosis
Bone Marrow / Stem Cell Transplantation
- Any Cytopenia or Cytosis
- Deranged coagulation profile
- Thrombosis at unusual sites or Inherited Thrombophilia
- Hemolytic Jaundice
- Any Cytopenia or Cytosis
- Deranged coagulation profile
- Thrombosis at unusual sites or Inherited Thrombophilia
- Hemolytic Jaundice
What to expect
During the stem cell transplant
Stem cell transplant procedure is inclusive of infusing the donor stem cells through the central line into the patient’s body post the conclusion of some days of chemotherapy, radiation therapy or both. The infusion generally lasts somewhere from one to five hours, also, a thing to keep in mind here is that you will be awake during the procedure.
The transplanted stem cells then pave their way into your bone marrow, the site where they initiate creating new and improved blood cells. This may take a few weeks for the new blood cells to be produced, and also for the blood count to begin to get better and recover.
Bone marrow or the blood stem cells that have been frozen and thawed consist of a preservative which essentially protects the stem cells from any external issue. Just prior to the transplant, you may receive the right medication to greatly minimize the side effects and the ill effects of the preservative.
You’ll be administered with IV fluids (hydration) post and prior your transplant to help the body get rid of the preservative. Side effects of the preservative may be inclusive of:
- Red urine
The one thing to note here is that not everyone will experiences the side effects from the preservative. For some people these side effects may be minimal or not present at all.
After your stem cell transplant
After days or weeks of your stem cell transplant, you’ll have to undergo blood tests and other related tests to monitor your specific condition. You may need a medicine to manage the complications well, such as nausea and diarrhea.
Post the stem cell transplant, you’ll be asked to remain under close observation and medical care. If you experience infections or complications then you must remain in the hospital for a few days. Depending on the transplant type and the risk of complications, you’ll be kept under close observation for months to weeks. You may be advised for specific and regular transfusions of red blood cells and platelets until the bone marrow starts generating enough of these cells on its own. You may be a risk of infections or other complications post your transplant.
The stem cell transplant can effectively cure some or most of the diseases and put most into remission. The end goal of the stem cell transplant depends on an individual situation but generally is inclusive of controlling or curing the blood disorder. This will help extend the life of patient, and significantly improve the quality of life. Some people conclude the stem cell transplantation with a few impending side effects and chances of complications. Experiencing numerous challenging problems which maybe both short and long term. The severity of the side effects and the chances of success of the transplant differ from person to person and also is affected by various factors which makes it difficult to be predicted post the transplant. It can be discerning if significant challenges take place during the process. However, it can also be sometimes helpful to recall and not forget that there are many survivors who have shown and experienced the positive effects of it. During the transplant process they might have not benefited but ultimately found success from the transplant procedure and have returned to normal activities with a good quality of life.
How StemCellCareIndia helps?
We are a leading health consultant in Delhi with an abounding experience and expertise in delivering high-quality healthcare at a modest price. Improvising the quality of human life with the help of stem cell transplant procedure is the end goal of StemCellCareIndia. The fairly new tissue engineering has been evolved over the years and we wish to provide the best procedure with amenities and high quality treatment. Consult us to help you provide the best treatment and greatly help change the fate of diseased.