Osteomalacia is the milder form of bone disorder, often related with softer bone tissue typically because of vitamin D deficiency. It is a type of physical malformation which can be linked up straight with the softer bones. Soft bones are more likely to crook or bow or fracture as compared to healthy bones. However, it is an imperative factor that Osteomalacia and Osteoporosis or Osteopenia are very different from each other as Osteoporosis or Osteopenia is the dwindling or loss of formerly constructed bones but Osteomalacia is the shortcoming in the bone building process itself. For that matter, there is no age limit to this specific abnormality. It can also ensue in childhood, which is usually known as Rickets.
Human bones are continually formed via a procedure known as Bone Remodeling. Older bones are demolished from the body through the procedure known as Bone Resorption. Via this process, osteoclasts are used to collapse the bone and release minerals and calcium from the bones into the blood. It is witnessed that this bone resorption is more in osteomalacia because of some medical disorders such as hyperthyroidism or hypocalcemia etc. The two very imperative reasons of the condition are found to be:
- Inadequate calcium absorption from the intestine owing to lack of dietary calcium
- Phosphate insufficiency instigated by snowballing loss of phosphates or other minerals via urine.
Some of the common indications of the disease can be:
- Pain is linking up with major bones, such as spinal bone, hip bones, femur bones of the leg
- Muscle weakness or vertebrae compression
- Pelvic flattening
- Easy bone splintering
- Bending of bones
Do you Know About Osteomalacia?
To understand what osteomalacia is, it’s important to look at what happens between the bones. Bone is a muscle that lasts a long time. Fresh cells are constantly replacing and substituting for aged bone cells. The cortex is the sturdy outer shell of a bone. The matrix is the smoother and lighter structure found inside the bone. It’s similar to a net or wave structure. To cover the inner portion of the bone, calcium and phosphorus deposits are placed over it to form the outer shell. The strength of the bone is determined by how many of these minerals are present.
Vitamin D controls the levels of calcium and phosphorus in the body. Vitamin D, for example, can assist in the absorption of calcium from food and thereby improve bone health. If you don’t get enough vitamin D, calcium, or phosphorus, the bones become fragile and thin. The most common cause of Osteomalacia is a vitamin D deficiency, which is caused by a lack of sunlight exposure and, to a lesser extent, a poor diet. Less common causes of osteomalacia include hereditary vitamin D or phosphate deficiency (typically diagnosed in childhood) or malignancy. Vitamin D and calcium supplements are two measures that should be used to avoid and treat osteomalacia. Since much of the symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency are due to a mineral ion homeostasis being broken, vitamin D may also be paired with a calcium supplement.
At the point when osteomalacia is in its beginning times, you probably won’t have any side effects, in spite of the fact that indications of osteomalacia might be obvious on a X-beam or other analytic tests. As osteomalacia advances, you may create bone torment and muscle shortcoming.
The dull, throbbing torment related with osteomalacia most normally influences the lower back, pelvis, hips, legs and ribs. The agony may be more awful around evening time, or when you put pressure on the bones, and are once in a while assuaged totally by rest.
Diminished muscle tone and leg shortcoming can cause a waddling stride and make strolling increasingly slow troublesome.
Osteomalacia results from an imperfection in the bone-developing procedure. Your body utilizes the minerals calcium and phosphate to help construct solid bones. You may create osteomalacia in the event that you don’t get enough of these minerals in your eating regimen or if your body doesn’t retain them appropriately. These issues can be brought about by:
- Vitamin D inadequacy. Daylight produces nutrient D in your skin. Individuals who live in zones where daylight hours are short or eat an eating routine low in nutrient D can create osteomalacia. Nutrient D inadequacy is the most well-known reason for osteomalacia around the world.
- Certain medical procedures. Typically, the stomach separates nourishment to discharge nutrient D and different minerals that are caught up in the digestive system. This procedure is disturbed on the off chance that you have medical procedure to expel part or the entirety of your stomach, and can bring about nutrient D and calcium lack. Medical procedure to expel or sidestep your small digestive system likewise can prompt nutrient D and calcium insufficiency.
- Celiac infection. In this immune system issue, devouring nourishments containing gluten, a protein found in wheat, grain and rye, can harm the covering of your small digestive system. A harmed intestinal coating doesn’t retain supplements well, and can prompt nutrient D and calcium inadequacy.
- Kidney or liver issue. These organs are engaged with initiating nutrient D in your body. Issues with your kidneys or liver can meddle with your body’s capacity to make dynamic nutrient D.
- Drugs. A few medications used to treat seizures, including phenytoin (Dilantin, Phenytek) and phenobarbital, can cause serious nutrient D lack and osteomalacia.
Quality Certificate: Every patient gets an outsider authentication (broadly certify lab), for quality, amount of feasibility of cells.
Diagnosis of Osteomalacia
A blood test will be performed in order for the healthcare provider to diagnose the condition. If you have all of the following symptoms, you might have osteomalacia or another bone condition:
- Vitamin D deficit
- Calcium deficiency
- Phosphorus levels are high.
The alkaline phosphate isoenzymes can also be measured by your healthcare provider. Elevated levels of calcium signify osteomalacia. Another blood test will be used to assess the parathyroid hormone levels. Large hormone levels suggest a deficit in vitamin D and other similar problems. X-rays and other imaging scans can reveal small cracks in the bones. Looser’s development areas are where these splits occur. Fractures in these regions can also be caused by minor injuries.
In order to diagnose Osteomalacia in your care provider, a bone biopsy may be needed. A needle will be inserted through your bone through your skin and muscles to collect a small sample. You’ll put the sample on a slide and examine it under a microscope. A diagnosis will usually be made with only an X-ray and blood tests, with no need for a bone biopsy.
Adult stem cells can be recovered from our own body tissues, like adipose tissue/fat, which can be taken out in bigger quantities and are permitted to segregate inside the body. In fact, adult forms of these stem cells are being stowed in all mature organs and are poised to leap into the action to repair impairment, which has happened from every day wear and tear of the body. However, as we age or have larger issues as cited here with our body might not be able to recruit sufficient number of these biological helpers to the desired location, to completely repair the area. Stem Cell Care India helps overcoming this issue by extracting stem cells from belly fat, a region with high stem cell numbers, then concentrating these massive cells in the controlled environment and reinjecting into the impaired area, to permit natural regeneration of lost body portions.
Get Stem Cell Therapy for Osteomalacia
Health problems are unavoidable for all, and our bodies battle them due to the severity of the problem and their immune system’s ability to fight them. However, disease symptoms can occur as a result of long-term exposure to certain environmental conditions. The health effects can be symptomatic or asymptomatic, and they can show up when it’s too late to deal with them. Treatment is also preferred to avoidance.
Having said that, here are the four main causes of disease:
- Pathogenic attack: Infectious agents present in the atmosphere, such as viruses, bacteria, and other toxic substances, may be used to kill numerous functional organs in the body’s working areas. Hepatitis, malaria, and other illnesses will arise as a result of this.
- Poor nutrition is one of the main causes of the body’s inefficiency. Due to energy loss, a poor diet can reduce the ability of cells to metabolise, communicate, and carry out their functional activities. Owing to an insufficient diet, the body’s oxygenated blood supplies are exhausted, which may lead to a number of diseases such as stroke, cardiovascular complications, and retinal disturbances, among others.
- Immunological dysfunction: Another major root cause has been identified as the disease’s pathological immune reaction, through which the body’s immune system may kill vital body organs, causing them to fail. Diabetes is one of the most common symptoms of an immune system that is out of whack, contributing to disease.
- Reduced reparative capacity: our bodies’ back-end support system for dealing with cell loss on a daily basis develops spontaneously. Stem cells are resident cells in our bodies that can divide into cells of numerous lineages. As a result, each organ in the human body has a supply of these mystical cells that can be used to replenish infected cells in an emergency.
How Stem Cell Therapy for Osteomalacia works?
An in-depth examination of certain similar factors will lead to a firm determination that the malfunctioning of the tiniest cell of an organ is the cause of irregular activation of some of the dysfunctional cellular pathways associated with diseased conditions. To avoid disease, it is best to minimise or repair cell damage as soon as possible. Since much of our daily acts harm cells, it is better to say than to do. Stem cell treatment, on the other hand, can inevitably and successfully solve this issue. Infusing viable stem cells into our bodies will help our bodies withstand continuing attacks from a variety of disease factors. These cells have the ability to restore compromised tissues while also enhancing the body’s immunity to infectious agents. The best stem cell cure for osteomalacia is stem cell therapy.
What to Expect from Stem Cell Treatment for Osteomalacia?
Fortunately, osteomalacia may be treated with oral supplements in a matter of weeks or months. To maintain regular blood vitamin D levels, you will most likely need to continue taking vitamins. A health care professional can also urge you to increase your diet or calcium intake. Treatment conditions that hinder vitamin D absorption, such as kidney or liver failure or reduced phosphate levels, may help strengthen the signs and symptoms of osteomalacia.
VIP Treatment to Patients at Stem Cell Care India
- The therapy sessions given to the patients at Stem Cell Care India occur in the VIP treatment room in the advanced clinic.
- 24*7 supervision is maintained on the patients by the efficient medical team.
- Stem Cell Care India highly recommends the patients stay for a minimum of 3 days in Hospital.
Stem Cell Care India Treatment Procedure
- Pick up from the Airport to the Hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Admission procedure
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Stem cell Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
- For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
- Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
Implantation Of Stem Cells: The stem cell implantation can be done in the following ways.
- Intravenous administration
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Liberation angioplasty
- Surgical administration for stroke
1.Is a Stem Cell Procedure the same as PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)?
No. PRP is concentrating platelets in the blood, not stem cell therapy.
2. Do mesenchymal cells stay localized to the injection site? Is there any risk of them traveling throughout the body?
MSC’s do stay localized to the injection place across multiple studies. This is likely related to the fact that they usually do not flow in the blood stream like other adult stem cell types and are chiefly found resident in the tissues they serve.
3. What complications have been confronted with the procedures?
Using the pertinent guidelines for complications reporting, our complications till date have been in the mild to moderate grouping and rare. This means that either the complication (like brief swelling) required no medical treatment (mild), or if it did necessitate medical treatment, the treatment was simple (moderate-like a patient who failed the process who eventually decided to get the knee replacement that he or she was planning before the process).
4. Why can’t I be on certain medicines during the procedure?
Certain sorts of medicines will negatively sway the stem cells. Furthermore, we usually see that many prescription medicines will lessen stem cell number.
5. How painful is the process for implanting stem cells?
It is somewhat as painful as a typical shot in a doctor’s clinic.
6. When can I expect to feel better and see the results?
The results should become obvious over 1-3 months, but at times can take as long as 6-9 months.
7. When can I return to normal activity?
This depends on the kind of procedure. However, all of our techniques are designed to promote as much early activity as possible.
8: How long does it take for osteomalacia to heal?
If osteomalacia is not treated, it can lead to fractured bones and severe deformation. There are a variety of treatment options available to help manage the symptoms. In a few weeks, if you increase your vitamin D, calcium, and phosphorus intake, you will find a difference. The bone healing process takes about 6 months to complete.
9: What happens if you don’t handle osteomalacia?
Adults are more likely to break bones and have low calcium levels in their bones, particularly when they get older and the disease is not treated.
10.What is the prevalence of osteomalacia?
A: Rickets and osteomalacia are also bone anomalies that affect people all over the world, but they are only rarely caused by food disorders in developed countries. The prevalence of osteomalacia is around 1 in 1000 people.
Was osteomalacia inherited?
A: The majority of hereditary causes of osteomalacia and rickets occur during adolescence. Osteomalacia is a rare disease. Many of the patients are only there for a short time. Their legs are twisted, and they have large cranes and a conspicuous front.
11: How can osteomalacia be avoided?
A: Vitamin D supplementation can help to prevent osteomalacia caused by a lack of sun exposure or a low vitamin D diet. Consume vitamin D-rich foods. Vitamin D levels are naturally high in oil-based fish (salmon, biscuits, sardines) and egg yolks. For foods fortified with vitamin D, look for cereal, pasta, milk, and yoghurt. Take supplements if required. If you don’t have enough vitamins or minerals in your diet, or if you have a medical condition that prevents your digestive system from adequately absorbing nutrients, talk to your doctor about taking vitamin D and calcium supplements.
Osteomalacia is a disease that contributes to the demineralization of bones, making them weaker and less dense. Osteomalacia can make it difficult for your body to absorb calcium effectively. Osteomalacia can also cause damage to your muscles, including your heart muscle. Osteomalacia is commonly seen in people who have had diet deficiencies from malnutrition or cannot absorb nutrients from their intestines. It is more prominent in children because their bones are still growing and don’t have adequate amounts of minerals yet.
A deeper understanding of the underlying mechanisms involved in Osteomalacia patients with similar symptoms will allow for the idea that maybe the reason for malfunctioning small cells in an organ can later lead to the initiation of certain abnormal cellular pathways involved with a diseased condition. Therefore, it is best to mitigate or fix cell damage quickly and efficiently to deter any future disease. In today’s world of technology, stem cell therapy seems like a simple solution to such a serious problem involving damaged cells within our bodies. Furthermore, these stem cells can naturally rebuild weakened tissues and strengthen our immunity against infectious agents which might otherwise cause persistent recurring illnesses.
Once we finalize your treatment plan, our clinical experts will guide you through a detailed medical counselling session. This helps you to acquire detailed information about the treatment plan and the stem cell therapy procedure, with regards to all the safety measures that we take, as well as post-treatment support therapies related to stem cell treatments. Once you are confident in proceeding with stem cell therapy, you may ask any further questions that you might have so that we can schedule your treatment accordingly considering your availability.
Being a GMP-GLP facility, in an effort to improve the safety and effectiveness of medical products, we’re committed to delivering high-quality stem cell sources. We follow strict quality standards regarding a number of key factors pertaining to our processes and procedures. This includes maintaining an effective process control which involves using quality parameters, conducting a donor screening which screens the donor for any viruses, providing thorough education about how the cells are going to be handled before the donor consents and maintaining meticulous care under the guidance of trained professionals.
After receiving treatment, it’s important for a patient to follow up with their doctor in order to ensure that they are following the guidelines required in their particular circumstance. This includes limitations on diet and activities as well as what they should expect to progress over time at home, we also suggest some supportive therapies for even better development of our patients.
To make rejuvenation treatment more accessible and all the health-related ailments convenient to counter, Stem Cell Care India is one of the largest and the most advanced stem cell clinics in India. Our services are consumer-centric, affordable and cover as many aspects from planning to post-therapy follow-up related to your treatment. We provide aid from visa registration, travel and accommodation to essential services such as translation or attendant guidance.
We strive to be the best while dedicating all our efforts and knowledge to improving our services and keeping them as affordable as possible to provide the most impactful results to future patients at a reasonable price. Some of the promises we make with our patients concerning the treatments transparency and quality are as follows:
- Treatments at our facility are only carried out by the most qualified individuals with the proper training and experience.
- We have the most advanced faculty and the latest tools through which we try to keep the efficiency of the treatment results to the fullest.
- We follow strict safety regulations to keep the treatment reliable and maintain the patient’s trust in us.
- We make sure that we are always present beside our patients if they have any queries related to the treatment and try to solve them with the best explanation.
- We also commit to regularly contributing our findings and investing our resources in the development of the industry.
After stem cell therapy for Osteomalacia in India, patients have shown excellent results. We have observed a vast majority of patients who have undergone the treatment have shown significant improvements. Some of the patients who were suffering from Osteomalacia before undergoing treatment were feeling a lot of relief from the inflammation. Patients have also shown the signs of some major improvement in bone density regeneration and strengthening. Additionally, many patients also displayed reduced signs of Immunological dysfunction and a more active self, being totally free from any fatigue. There are even some cases where certain symptoms got reduced substantially that the patient feels like his or her original self again.
Stem Cell Care India is one of the leading stem cell clinics in Delhi, India, specialising in providing the safest and most impactful treatments to patients at affordable rates. There is a speculation in the market that the cost of stem cell therapy is very high, and this may even be true for western countries, but in India, keeping in mind the recent developments in the Medicare sector of the country and the aggressive competition among the regenerative treatment provider, the prices are automatically cut-off to a great extent and in some cases (like SCCI) the quality of treatment is even higher than most of the international clinics.
Now that the base knowledge about the stem cell treatment for Osteomalacia in India is cost-effective has been shed light, let’s discuss why choose Stem Cell Care India for the same. We, at first, do not sacrifice on the quality of the treatment like many others. Hence, our quality control standards involve tests to ensure that the cells are pure, free of infection, and highly suited for the patient’s needs. The price at our facility can only vary on the basis of absolute factors such as the patient’s present condition, the required number of cells, patient’s age and weight.
At Stem Cell Care India, we are experts in the field of orthopaedic medicine and we’re focused on providing advanced treatments. We trust in the potential of stem cells to cure many degenerative conditions and continue to learn more about every aspect of this revolutionary technology. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible and strive each day to help improve your quality of life by helping you move freely. There’s no need for lengthy surgeries or synthetic biologics which only address problems around the symptoms instead of preventing any further damage from occurring.
A few other advantages of choosing stem cell therapy as your ideal treatment for Osteomalacia are as follows:
- Stem Cell Therapy is very convenient even for working patients and entails only a 3-4 day hospitalization in general.
- Multiple studies have proved the efficacy of the stem cells and concluded that their generative and protective effects last for a long time period.
- We not only assist you with stem cell therapy itself but also with travels and accommodation related to it so that you have the most comfortable experience possible.
- The price of stem cell therapy is less compared to the accumulated expenditure required for the treatment of Osteomalacia through traditional alternatives.
- Stem cell therapy has the ability to mark the damaged cells for removal and therefore destroy the condition from its root.
We follow a definite procedure for quality control. We make use of cutting-edge manufacturing systems and software to ensure the quality and reliability of our products. Here are some of our major quality control guidelines:
- Stem Cell batches are precisely tested for the presence of any harmful diseases prior to processing to ensure patient safety.
- Gram Bacteria screening is also performed on stem cells and the media in which they will be developed to maintain optimum safety.
- Precise testing for aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms is also performed to avoid any possibility of contamination.
- To ensure that the correct cells and that too in adequate quantities are supplied, cells are defined using type-specific markers and counted through an automatic cell counter.
- The accompanying certificate with each batch of processed and tested cells is provided to assure the quality and purity of the batch.
Anita Battaglia (Bowling Green, Kentucky): My bones were not hardening like they are supposed to since I have osteomalacia. No doctor in the United States could help me either. I tried stem cell treatment in India and was very happy with the results. My bones are now hardening and I feel more energized.
Stephano Bergs (Hoofddorp, Netherlands): I am a chronic patient of osteomalacia. I have gone through surgery but have not been able to cure the disease. I have been suffering for the last 5 years. After coming across Stem Cell Care India, I decided to give them a try. The procedure was not painful and I am sure my disease is being cured. I highly recommend this treatment to everyone.
Kyle Howells (Cold Newton, Hamlet): I was diagnosed with Osteomalacia by my doctor. I was not able to do my daily tasks. My pain was intense. I was unable to walk. I was able to do anything. I was in a bad shape. One of my friends told me about Stem Cell Treatment in India. I got my treatment at SCCI. I am very much thankful to SCCI. Now, I am pain-free. I am able to do my daily tasks. They have really helped me a lot. The Doctors there were heart-warming and corporative, also I enjoyed my stay in India.
Every patient gets an outsider authentication (broadly certify lab), for quality, amount of feasibility of cells.
The Staff at Stem Cell Care, India will call you following one month, two months and a half year to see the improvement of the treatment. This encourages us refine our conventions to improve further. You can likewise require some other assistance on the off chance that required.
Related Disorders for Stem Cell Treatment
osteoarthritis mesenchymal stem cells
stem cell therapy for myofascial pain
allogeneic stem cell transplant osteoporosis
Can stem cells cure arthritis?
mesenchymal stem cells sports injuries
stem cells for treating ankylosing spondylitis disease
can stem cells help avascular necrosis
is stem cell therapy good for degenerative disc disease
can stem cells heal nerve damage