Burn is a type of injury that affects the skin and other organic tissue of the body chiefly because of heat, radiation, electricity and/or fiction. Moreover, injuries are caused by unremitting exposure to UV radiations, chemicals fumes as well as respiratory mutilation that occasions from smoke inhalation can also considered as burn injuries. Burns are amid the most common domestic injuries. Even internationally, burns are a serious public health concern. As per the WHO report, an assessment shows that 2, 65,000 deaths occur every year for fires alone. Added 10% deaths were the cases reported to be from scalds, electrical burns and other. Skin burns can get really fatal and may even affect the patient’s confidence, stem cell therapy for skin burns has surfaced to aid as help for the affected people.
The type of wounds by burns is categorized by severe skin impairment because of deceased tissue cells. Since the skin is the biggest organ of the body with a lot of imperative functions such as protection, temperature regulation, sensation, storing of water, etc. A severe burn can not only modify the physical structure but also the emotional security of the individual as well as his whole family. Folks with severe burn injuries might be left with the loss of physical aptitudes, loss of mobility, deformity, scarring, etc. At times, the injury can penetrate into the deep germ layers causing muscle and tissue impairment, affecting every system of the body. To help people lead a normal life with the stem cell therapy for skin burns in India. Burns are categorized as first, second and third degree contingent upon the level of penetration and severity:
- First Degree Burns: They are also acknowledged as the superficial burns related with minimum outer layer of the skin impairment. The signs of them take account of redness, minor swelling and dry peeling skin. Since the burns are affecting only the topmost layer of the skin, the signs can vanish within three to six days with simple remedies.
- Second Degree Burns: These categories are more serious, extending beyond the top layer of the skin. The widespread impairment causes the skin to become enormously red and scorched giving burn or wet appearance. The worse the blisters are, the lengthier the time will be needed to heal. Skin grafting from another region is recommended for some of the severe cases such as faces, hands, buttocks, groin and feet.
- Third Degree Burns: These are the worst burns, causing severe impairment to every layer of the skin. The impairment can even progress to the bloodstream, chief organs, and bones resulting in the death. There can be the fallacy that the damage can be harshly painful. However, since nerves are affected, the burnt organ is nearly pain-free.
Generally, second and third degree burns need comprehensively specialized treatment as the age of the victim and percentage of the surface area that has burnt are the most imperative factors affecting the outlook of the injury. All the burns carry the jeopardy of infection more than a cosmetic concerns, this can even result in organ loss because of sepsis or death. Stem cell therapy for skin burns in Delhi India is utilized by the suffering patients act as a helpful procedure.
Burns are an extreme and severe skin scar condition initiating major disfiguration with palpable issue, you can expect:
- Pain (Although the degree of pain is not reliant upon the severity of the burns, the most serious burns can be painless).
- Peeling, red, patchy skin.
- Inflamed, white or burnt skin.
- Slight wheezing, trouble in breathing and coughing.
- Dark, carbon tainted mucus.
- Shock as in pale, slimy skin, weakness.
With the evolving technology, the treatment applying Platelet Rich Plasma, is gaining fame as a biological booster to fast-track the body’s delayed healing mechanism and maximize cell multiplying. The use of PRP is a very effectual technique that has been employed since 1990’s to encourage healing of the soft tissues as well as wounds and is unconditionally enticing voluminous doctors, because of its incredible upshots; that have been perceived via a number of clinical trials The PRP is a platelet concentrate with liquid plasma portion encompassing numerous essential growth factors, imperative to promoting healthy cell recruitment, multiplication as well as specialization, for quicker healing. The PRP injections are prepared from the patient’s own outer blood under strict aseptic conditions, following noble laboratory practices. It is one of the finest point of care technologies, using patient’s own activated platelets, when pervaded back into the patient, can release numerous growth factors at the location of injury. This can in turn encourage the micro environment, cytokines and resident stem cells to lift from initial healing processes such as inflammation, overhaul and remodeling. A number of studies have pointed out that the PRP shots have amplified healing, the improved function is due to encouragement in the proliferation of reparative cells and decrease the pain related with several disorders including but not restricted to orthopaedic, wound healing, diabetic foot and sports injuries. So far so good, no hostile effects have been reported nor have we came across any after the PRP treatment, as we are using patient’s own blood, for which they should have no reaction to!
Stem cell processing method
Umbilical cord collection and preliminary testing.
It is a common practice in India for mothers to voluntarily donate the umbilical cord blood from the birth of their fit full-term kids. Every mom who enters a hospital in India to give birth is spontaneously tested for all main sicknesses. Comprehensive family histories are also taken from each mother before the donation process. Only the ones who have been fully screened and are found to be totally healthy are allowed to donate their umbilical cord and umbilical cord blood.
Second round of testing
The second step in the screening procedure happens in laboratory once the collected samples have been verified negatively for communicable ailments; it is then transported to our laboratories and officially becomes the property. From this phase, it is mandatory for each and every sample to be processed and provided to patients. The gathered sample starts a second round of testing and while following donor’s prerequisite also carries out testing for cytomegalovirus, micro-organisms (aerobic bacteria, anaerobic bacteria, fungi, etc.), survival rate, stem cell surface indicators and stem cell biological characteristics (colony forming aptitude, differential capability) in each step to safeguard the highest quality to its cell products.
The stem cells that are derived from each umbilical cord are sowed into a flask filled with culture medium. This medium does not have any animal products (such as fetal calf serum) but it is heightened with cell growth factors. The flasks are positioned in a sterilized, temperature and humidity controlled incubator. The stem cells are lengthened in the culture medium. Once the culturing is done, the culture mediums are splashed away and are harvested.
The cell products are then cryo-preserved and stored at a consistent -196 degree Celsius temperature with automatic supplement of liquid nitrogen using the exceedingly advanced Thermogenesis Bio Archive system. This technology permits for an integrated control rate of freezing that absolutely avoids unexpected dips in the temperature. Our cryo-preservation storage equipment is also fortified with a 24h real-time control system and in any situation of power-failure or other emergency, a redundant fail-safe power supply guarantees that normal operation is implemented. Our vacuum protection system can uphold an appropriate temperature for 20 days without the supply of liquid nitrogen.
Packing and transport
All consignments of stem cells undergo final testing. During this procedure, they are tested for quantity and quality. Once the stem cells are reckoned safe, each unit is positioned into either a sterile vial or a sterile IV bag for future transplantation. All merchandises are separately cataloged and traced while in the transit. Our cell transplants come to pass two to three days a week. All of our cells are processed on as per requirement basis. All of our cell products are treated and kept afresh, giving us the highest stem cell sustainability count and the maximum effectiveness.
Stem cell procedure
The doctors in our affiliated hospitals use several injection procedures to deliver stem cell treatment. Contingent on each patient’s particular condition, one or multiple approaches of delivery can be used during a standard treatment sitting, so as to maximize the safety and effectiveness of the procedure. It is imperative to remember that Stem Cell Care India protocols always highlight safety first and the injections approaches provided are slightly invasive but still are very concentrated on delivering the stem cells as close as possible from the injury location. Stem cell therapy for skin burns in India is provided by team of specialists from our associated and accredited hospitals.
Patients, who have undertaken a PRP treatment with Stem Cell Care India for their wounds, have experienced an effective and speedy retrieval. All of them were suffering from non-healing diabetic foot during their late 50’s, as a chief complication of diabetes. Since the management of the wound in diabetic patients is very crucial and painful, a type of advanced technology was recommended for them as a treatment to manage the problem, which held the power to straightforwardly take over the old-style options such as surgeries, debridement, antibacterial actions, etc. A PRP was isolated from the peripheral blood of all the patients and vaccinated around the wound through micro needles. The outcomes exhibited that 100% ulcers totally closed after about 7-8 weeks. Although, patients’ response to the wounds was not typical, none of the patient has experienced any adverse effect till now. The method is totally authentic, sanctioned by the regulatory authority as a novel and minimally invasive technique.
- Why PRP gel is the best remedy for burn wounds?
- Use of new cutting-edge technology in activation of PRP and gel preparation.
- PRP gel is easy to apply over the wound.
- Very speedy method of treatment, the time differs pertaining to the region of the wound.
- Less or no invasive process of wound dressing using PRP gel.
- Improves burn wound-healing time after the application of PRP.
- How PRP Gel works in case of burn injury?
Platelet-rich plasma encompasses a high level of platelets, clotting factors, cytokines and growth factors. They begin releasing these activated factors 10 minutes prior clotting, and above 95% of growth factors are released in the first hour. Platelet-rich plasma is steady for overall 8 hours post the preparation. It has been publicized that multiple dosage of PRP and augmented formation of extracellular matrix during the first half of wound healing.
- Use of PRP over burn injury: is it benign?
- PRP is engendered from patients own blood, hence it is immunologically neutral with no cross/hyper reactivity and is easily acceptable by patients body.
- Blood Collection, PRP separation and activation including PRP gel preparation is implemented in a complete sterile condition in the GLP compliance laboratory. Henceforth, PRP gel application does not result in infection of any kind.
- PRP might be vaccinated intralesionally or perilesionally or in the form of a platelet gel and used topically.
Intradermal injections of PRP at the wound location might cause swelling with or without nerve trauma in rare cases.