Medical visa to India
India has become the most singled out destination across the world for medical tourism. The government of India has introduced medical visa for foreign nationals across the world in quest of specialty medical treatment in India for long dragging periods. A visa-on- arrival system for tourists from some particular countries has been established by government of India, which allows foreign nationals to stay in India for 60 days for medical procedures. Maximum of two assistants who are blood relatives are permissible to accompany the patient under distinct medical attendant visas. The validity of medical attendant visa will be same as the patient medical visa. The preliminary duration of medical visa is up to a year or extent of the treatment, whichever is less. The visa allows maximum of 3 entries during one year.
Indian medical visa requirements
- Individuals traveling from the below-mentioned countries should have Yellow Fever vaccination certificate as per Govt. of India directives. All tourists arriving to India w. e. f 14th February 2014 from Kenya, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Israel, Pakistan, Nigeria and Somalia must carry Oral Polio Vaccination (OPV) Certificate taken six weeks before entry. This certificate is compulsory for both adults and kids.
- All tourists from above seven nations must now have a written record of immunization (patient-retained record) for polio, preferably using IHR 2005 International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis from a hospital or Centre administering OPV by the Government of their respective nation.
- Each medical document is verified by Indian Missions and Posts that are placed abroad to authorize whether the request to get a medical visa is genuine or not.
- One may also need to offer sufficient details to The Missions that they have sought initial medical aid in the country of residence / origin and afterward has got a guidance to go for special treatment.
- One can get a medical visa to India only for treatment in trustworthy and recognized medical centers. Although a medical visa to India is given for numerous treatments, but there are chief ones including radio therapy, neuro-surgery, heart treatments, plastic surgery, renal disorders, organ transplants, gene therapy, plastic surgery, ophthalmic disorders, congenital disorders and more.
Eligibility for medical visa application to India
The medical visa is centered on some conditions that are charted above, but it is required to make certain that folks who are immigrating to India are genuinely doing so for the purpose of getting treatment. Indian immigration authorities involve the following criteria to be fulfilled because of the above-mentioned reasons:
- It should be clear that the initial medical guidance has already been made by the applicant in their own birthplace and they are then recommended to pursue specialist treatment.
- It should be authenticated by the applicant is seeking medical attention only in a well-known institution which specializes in the treatment of that specific sickness.
- High priority is given to ‘M’ visa applications in India that are associated with some medical conditions. Some serious sicknesses are given primary consideration such as neurosurgery, heart problems, ophthalmic disorders and organ transplants.
Registration for medical visa
It is vital for foreign nationals with ‘M’ visa that they should register themselves with the concerned FRROs / FROs within 14 days after they reach India.
Visa for attendant’s family members
Attendants or members of the family of patients wayfaring to India will be provided with diverse visas equivalent to the ‘M’ visa of patient. These visas are given to the spouse / children / in patients’ blood relations. Please take note that only up to 2 attendants are out into contemplation for various visas in one go. These visas are recognized as MX visas. Such attendants also have to register themselves with the local FRROs / FROs within fourteen days of arriving in India.
Benefits of medical visa to India
- A provisional immigration service is offered by the ‘M’ or Indian medical visas and they did not make a way for settlement in India.
- The medical Indian visas only offer entry for a particular purpose of accomplishing medical attention.
- A medical visa in India is granted for up to 1 year opposing to Indian visit visa that is granted for maximum 6 months. The time necessary to carry out the concerned medical treatment defines the duration of a medical visa.
- The government of India permits a period only up to 12 months but it can further be pushed to 12 months if required. This extension is centered only on the recommendation from an appropriate treatment center or by offering a medical certificate.
Validity and extension of Indian medical visas
Medical visa to India is given either for the period of the treatment or for duration of a year, any of which is less. Extension of this visa up to another year is also likely year on the orders of the State Governments or FRROs, if any acknowledged hospital of India gives a medical certificate. If more extension is necessary, then on the recommendation of the State Government / FRROs in conjunction with appropriate medical papers, the Ministry of Home Affairs can give an authentication. This kind of a visa can get not more than 3 entries in one year. In situation of emergencies, State Governments / FRROs have the capability to permit a supplementary entry.
Registration for Bangladeshi and Pakistani nationals
Citizens of all foreign nations accompanied by those of Sri Lanka, Pakistan, China and Bangladesh can get a medical visa to India. However, the registration regulations for citizens of Bangladesh and Pakistan will definitely have to match the requirements that are given in Para 106 and Para 118, for citizens of Bangladesh and citizens of Pakistan in sequence, in the Visa Manual. The residents of these two nations are required to confirm about their date of arrival and departure as per the existing policies of their nations.
Visa for authorizing surrogacy in India
No more tourist visas for surrogacy are allowed in India. The legal and regulatory agendas concerning surrogacy in India are subjected to change. People considering entering into a foreign commercial surrogacy arrangement are asserted to exercise extreme caution. You should seek independent legal supervision and be informed of developments.
To provide medical visa to India
In order to get visa invitation letter from relevant hospital, please send following details on this email address:
- Medical reports (present and applicable reports).
Passport scans of the patient and the attendant as well