Diabetic neuropathy is a phrase that describes damage to the nervous system. It may occur in people with diabetes and occurs if there are high blood sugars (glucose). High glucose can cause damage to the nerves of your body. Diabetic neuropathy most affects your feet and legs.
Diabetic neuropathy can cause a wide range of symptoms such as severe pain, numbness and tingling in the hands or feet, problems walking or problems with digestion. But for some people, peripheral neuropathy also causes issues with their heart or kidneys, henceforth resulting in a severe issue.
Diabetic neuropathy can be a serious complication of diabetes that affects many people. But there are ways to try and prevent having it, or slow down its progression if you happen to have it. Having consistent blood sugar management combined with a healthy lifestyle will help minimize the chances of getting diabetic neuropathy, but it is still very much something to be aware of and take care of especially if you have diabetes.
Diabetic neuropathy may affect as many as 50% of people with diabetes. It can occur in both type 1 and type 2 diabetics (but to different degrees). Most reports indicate that the onset of Diabetic Neuropathy can also be gradual. It can actually take decades to really create a noticeable negative impact on someone’s life.
Neuropathy typically begins gradually – first in the feet. Symptoms may include numbness and a “pins and needles” type of pain. Over time, neuropathy can spread through the body, leading to symptoms like unsteady gait or an impaired ability to feel hot temperature, cold temperatures, and touch.
Symptoms can differ from person to person, but common signs and symptoms for those who have diabetic neuropathy include:
- Sensitivity to touch.
- Loss of sense of touch.
- Difficulty with coordination when walking.
- Numbness or pain in your hands or feet.
- Burning sensation in feet, especially at night.
- Muscle weakness or wasting.
- Bloating or fullness.
- Nausea, indigestion, or vomiting.
- Diarrhoea or constipation.
- Dizziness when you stand up.
- Excessive or decreased sweating.
- Bladder problems, such as incomplete bladder emptying.
- Vaginal dryness.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Vision trouble, such as double vision.
- Heart rate increase.
There are four common types of diabetic neuropathy. One may even have multiple types of neuropathy and the symptoms depend on which nerves are damaged. Usually, people do not realize anything is wrong until considerable nerve damage has already happened. These types of diabetic neuropathy are as follows:
- Peripheral neuropathy: This form of neuropathy can also be referred to as distal symmetric peripheral neuropathy. It is the most common type of diabetic neuropathy, affecting feet and legs first before moving up to limbs such as the hands and arms.
- Autonomic neuropathy: Autonomic neuropathy is damage to nerves that control your heart rate and blood pressure, digestive system, bladder, sex organs, sweat glands, and eyes. Hypoglycemia unawareness may occur from this problem as well.
- Focal neuropathy: Focal neuropathies are conditions where you typically have damage to one nerve, most often in your hand, head, torso, or leg. The most common types of focal neuropathy are entrapment syndromes – such as carpal tunnel syndrome. Other types of focal neuropathy can also occur but they’re much less common.
- Proximal Neuropathy: Proximal neuropathy is an uncommon and debilitating disease in your hip, buttock, or thigh. The disease typically only affects one side of your body but can also sometimes spread to the other side. Symptoms gradually improve over time- ranging from a few months to years.
Diabetic neuropathy is nerve damage that can occur in people with diabetes. Different types of nerve damage cause different symptoms, which may include pains and loss of sensation in your feet or problems functioning internally – such as trouble with the function of your heart or bladder. The exact cause of each type of neuropathy is unknown. It’s thought that over time uncontrolled high blood sugar may damage nerves and interfere with the body’s ability to send signals back and forth, leading to diabetic neuropathy. High blood sugar weakens the walls of the small blood vessels (capillaries) that supply the nerves with oxygen and nutrients which can inhibit energy production within those nerve cells resulting in neuropathic pain.
Anyone with diabetes can develop neuropathy. However, these are some of the reasons that increase your chance of developing nerve damage
- Bad sugar control: Uncontrolled blood sugar has been linked to an increased risk of problems in diabetics, including nerve damage.
- History of Diabetes: Diabetic neuropathy is more likely to develop over a period of time with diabetes; this occurs when blood sugar levels are uncontrolled.
- Kidney disease: Diabetes damages the kidneys, sending toxins into the bloodstream that can lead to nerve damage.
- Overweight: Having a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or more puts you at risk for developing diabetic neuropathy.
- Smoking: Smoking causes the arteries to shrink and stiffen, decreasing blood flow to the legs and feet. This makes wound healing more difficult, and smoking cigarettes also damages peripheral nerves.
A doctor will ask about your symptoms and medical history before determining if you have neuropathy. They’ll also do a thorough physical examination to examine your level of sensitivity to temperature and touch, checking your heart rate, blood pressure, and muscle tone.
Your physician may do a filament test to test the sensitivity in your feet. For this, they’ll use nylon fiber to check your limbs for any loss of sensation. A tuning fork may be used to test your vibration threshold. Your physician may also test your ankle reflexes. To further confirm the diagnosis, the doctor can also ask the patient to undergo certain tests which could include:
- Neurological Examination – Examining tendon reflexes, muscle strength, and sensation together with assessing coordination and physical posture.
- Blood testing – checking for signs of diabetes, vitamin deficiency, or abnormal immune response.
- Genetic Testing for Neuropathy
- Imaging tests. MRI or CT scan to find any herniated or degenerative spinal disks, tumors, or other abnormalities that might be causing the inappropriate nerve response.
- Nerve function tests specifically to measure the electrical activity in muscles and ascertain any nerve damage.
Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) are able to renew themselves and also have the ability to transform into different types of cells such as adipocytes, chondrocytes, and osteoblasts. MSCs can be obtained from sources including bone marrow, fat tissue, nervous tissues, amniotic fluid, umbilical cords, placentas, menstrual blood, and dental pulp.
Even though diabetes does not usually cause ulcers, when it does develop, it can lead to foot ulcers and even limb amputations without adequate clinical therapy. Diabetes is characterized by reduced blood flow to the peripheral nerves and deficiencies in angiogenic and neurotrophic factors- only delivering these factors through protein or gene therapy is very modest at best.
Multiple studies have shown that MSCs are a new form of regenerative treatment for diabetes because they are multipotent cells able to change the progression of diabetes. They reverse manifestations, repair damaged tissue, and also secrete compounds that fight hyperglycemia or increased blood sugar levels; while at the same time secreting growth factors, cytokines, and immunomodulators that can alleviate symptoms caused by diabetes.
Challenges to translating MSC therapy into the clinic include safety, a dose of administration, mode of cell delivery, heterogeneous expression within populations of cells, robust engraftment where clinically relevant, autologous or allogeneic approaches depending on patient need; challenge with manufacturing cells for transplantation; and finally understanding how stem cells work at an even deeper level.
The time it takes for the treatment in Stem Cell Care India in Delhi, India typically lasts three days or less. The treatments are safe and painless. Patients can travel one day after their procedure has been completed. The following is a list of what the patient may experience throughout their stay:
- Pick up from the airport to the hospital.
- In order to understand Dr and Patient’s interaction, we need to know the context of when they were talking.
- Admission procedure.
- Clinical examinations and laboratory testing are performed in accordance with the doctor’s orders.
- Supportive Therapy to improve outcome.
- Stem cell implantation.
- Supportive Therapy to improve outcome.
- Providing physiotherapy for better mobility assistance.
- Supportive Therapy to improve outcome.
- Providing physiotherapy for better mobility assistance.
- Discharge procedures.
- Drop back to the Airport from the hospital.
Implantation of Stem Cells: There are many different methods for implanting stem cells:
- Intravenous Administration: Intravenous administration avoids the first-pass effect by allowing drugs to enter the body directly, which produces instantaneous stem cell effects.
- Intrathecal (lumbar Puncture): A Lumbar Puncture is a diagnostic procedure where cells are injected into the body using an X-ray needle.
- Intramuscular Injections: It is a process where the stem cells are injected directly into your muscle tissues and it allows them to spread throughout your body at a much faster rate.
- Intra-arterial Administration: Stem cells are directly injected into the carotid or vertebral arteries to improve therapy.
- Subcutaneous: This technique is used for injecting the medicinal treatment into the fatty tissue at an injection point just below the skin.
In addition to these methods, there are a few other options available under certain circumstances. Angioplasty & Surgical Implantation are such examples.
Does stem cell therapy work for diabetic neuropathy?
- A viable treatment option for those with nerve damage is stem cell therapy. Nerves can be repaired by injecting the damaged areas with stem cells so they may be whole again.
How effective is stem cell therapy for neuropathy?
- Stem cells are proving to be successful in treating patients with neuropathic pain. Numbness and weakness improve for many of these patients, even those diagnosed with Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy.
What can you not do after stem cell injections?
- Avoid any fast movements or rough handling. You want to do everything you can to make sure that these delicate cells work properly so it has the best chance of success.
How do you prepare for a stem cell injection?
- Seven days before your injection, make sure to avoid taking any anti-inflammatory medication such as aspirin or ibuprofen. Drink at least 64 ounces (about 1.8 liters) of water per day for two days beforehand.
Do stem cells work immediately?
- Stem cell treatment does not produce immediate results, but you might gradually feel some improvements in your pain or injury after a few months. Your body needs time to completely repair itself and return to normal functions; this process will take some time.
Can you have visitors during a stem cell transplant?
- Generally, only two people are allowed in the patient’s room at one time. One caregiver is permitted to sleep overnight in the patient’s room.
Is stem cell therapy better than surgery?
- Being old, having health problems such as diabetes or heart disease, or experiencing complications from another illness can lead one to want to avoid surgery. Stem cell therapy is less risky since it doesn’t involve a major operation – rather an injection directly into the tissue of interest.
When your body encounters a health challenge, it’s important to have a strong immune system that is ready to take action. Stem cells can provide long-term healing benefits by ensuring your body has the resources it needs to repair itself naturally. As opposed to other treatments that may be unnatural or products made in a lab, stem cell therapy promotes the use of allogenic adult stem cells—stem cells are derived from sources inside a donor’s body, separated, and treated for the highest influence. These regenerative and beneficial cells are then injected into a specific part of the body so they get right to work facilitating better overall health!
Some other benefits that stem cell therapy have shown to have on patients suffering from diabetic neuropathy are as follows:
- Better sense of touch.
- More coordinated body movements.
- Relief from pain and burning.
- Strengthens muscles.
- Stabilizes heart rate and improves vision.
- Reduction of other symptoms.
- Better quality of life.
Adult stem cells help control the body’s natural ability to repair and regenerate tissue. These cells can manipulate cells, allowing for the regeneration of damaged or diseased areas. This remedy is injected into the area, reducing pain and inflammation, and stopping damage from further progressing. Not only are adult stem-cell injections effective but they are also efficient – providing long-term results without sacrificing the quality of life.
Once the cells have been extracted from the donor’s umbilical cord and isolated from other Wharton’s Jelly cells, they are rated for safety. They then enter a laboratory facility where they are processed in order to be implanted into the patient’s affected area. Once ready, these cells are injected within the tissue in order to activate cellular healing and clear out the infection.
The stem cells used in the treatment are multipotent and undifferentiated, coming from an adult source depending on what is needed for each patient. These harvested cells are non-immunogenic and the best match for the patient.
At Stem Cell Care India, the leading stem cell treatment provider in Delhi, India, we guarantee all of our treatments will be carried out by highly qualified professionals that have undergone rigorous training. We promise to constantly dream about a brighter future for you and to do everything in our power to get you there as quickly as possible. Our treatments and techniques are based on the most recent research in the area and are tailored toward each patient’s specific needs to ensure optimal results.
We have a state-of-the-art facility here that not only helps us reduce the time taken in the process but also assists us in securing the purest and healthiest stem cells available and going through all possible measures to make sure they are safe for implantation. Moreover, we don’t just boast about our achievements from within this place – instead, as a company, we will always try our hardest to provide affordable treatments for people with various ailments by making sure that people around the world know about this affordable and effective Stem Cell Therapy in India.
On top of promising to help patients travel and stay at home, we vow to be a source of information for our clients as well! One way in which we do this is by explaining every step of the treatment process, assuring them that if they have further questions, our team will be happy to provide answers. We have received great reviews from a number of people who appreciate how approachable we are.
It is well known that the costs for regenerative treatment such as stem cell therapy is extremely high and hence these sort of treatments are not often considered by most people. This has explained why there was an increasing demand from individuals who wanted more affordable options in this particular field. A prominent study suggests that not only is it possible to harvest stem cells from umbilical cord Wharton’s Jelly but also that these cells can be grown into mature and fully functional cells just as easily as other adult stem cells.
Stem Cell Care India is dedicated to using its expertise and exposure to help patients here suffering from diabetic neuropathy so that they can find relief. Our experienced team is committed to offering customized treatment plans with the latest equipment and technology. Patients, who sought treatment at our facility, were highly satisfied with our procedures and remain as a source of encouragement for us as we strive to improve our healthcare services even further.
The following are the primary factors that factor into the pricing for our treatments:
- The patient’s medical condition.
- Medical history of the patient.
- The prescribed number of stem cells to be implanted.
- Patient’s weight and age.
Note: To find out more about our treatments, facilities, and specialists at Stem Cell Care India – all you need to do is book a free consultation.
As leaders in the industry, we strive to provide the highest quality of stem cell treatments possible. We are confident that our team can continue helping patients with chronic conditions regain their vitality with these effective treatments. We are aware of the latest advancements regarding stem cells and how this new information affects the way we help patients, so we stay ahead of the curve even when it seems like there is no cure for certain health issues. (We at Stem Cell Care India, the leading stem cell treatment facility hope that you will come and experience what makes us special.)
We’ve been able to get this far with the help of our patients because we value consistency and reliability. When researching other clinics in our area, we discovered a clear disparity between them and us; many success-related aspects of theirs were inferior when it came to technological advancements or safety measures– which is why we’re relied on for most advanced stem cell treatments for diabetic neuropathy in Delhi, India by our patients.
Our mission at this clinic is to ensure that you leave here feeling satisfied with your visit. If you have any questions about our services or facilities, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly!
When a patient is diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy, there are risks that must be calculated. There are conventional ways to mitigate the risk but these treatments may be invasive and often do not deliver their promises. Fortunately, in this modern age, stem cell treatment for diabetic neuropathy rarely requires surgery and it is based on the use of stem cells which can help heal the damage done to your body at the cellular level leaving patients feeling better than ever without the need for drugs or medicine!
Mentioned below are the advantages of using stem cell treatment for diabetic neuropathy in Delhi, India:
- Stem cell therapy is a straightforward procedure requiring only three days of hospitalization time, thereby permitting patients to resume their normal routine immediately afterward.
- Stem cell therapy has been hailed as one of the most effective forms of medicine when it comes to curing various diseases and illnesses..
- Stem Cell Therapy is a far less painful treatment option due to its minimal invasiveness.
- The price of stem cell treatment in India is much cheaper than in other countries because there is intense competition for customers.
- As stem cells are implanted in the infected area or a medium of the same, their effectiveness remains at its highest.
- Please contact us if you have any questions, difficulties, or need information about our facilities and therapies.
The medical sector of India has thrived and grown rapidly over the years. New technologies and discoveries are created almost every day to make sure patients’ quality of life is never compromised. However, this doesn’t stop there – with regenerative medicine becoming an option for some people who want a higher chance at recovery. Stem cells in stem cell therapy for diabetic neuropathy are taken from donors, cultured in an incubator until they’re ready, then injected back into the patient after they’ve undergone specific treatments to target what needs fixing before healing them quickly and fully. It’s shown great results so far; making it loved by both doctors and patients alike.
Therefore to carry out this procedure as efficiently as possible, one must ensure that their stem cell clinic has got safety protocols in place. If you are a patient of Stem Cell Care India, find mentioned below our safety and quality control protocols:
- In order to avoid contaminating any batches of stem cells, we verify each batch for infection before processing them.
- Our stem cells are tested for gram-positive bacteria and the media we use during processing, storage, or administration is also tested to be safe.
- In other words, we ensure that our stem cells maintain endotoxin levels below the set limit.
- We will also check your cells for mutated genes to ensure optimum safety.
- When the stem cells undergo all testing, they receive a Certificate of Analysis which confirms that they are safe for use.
One of the most common complications of diabetes, diabetic neuropathy often causes foot ulcers and even limb amputations. Although there are some new drugs developed for diabetics, there is still no cure for this nerve disorder. Not only does it affect blood vessels but also lack growth factors such as angiogenic and neurotrophic.
Mesenchymal stem cells are rapidly becoming an emerging treatment for diabetic neuropathy due to their ability to regenerate tissue through multipotency. Neurotrophic or angiogenic factors delivered in the form of proteins or gene therapy do little in regards to treating patients with diabetes, let alone protecting them from developing it.
MSC treatments can reverse symptoms of diabetic neuropathy. MSCs are also involved in repairing tissues and lowering blood sugar levels. MSCs secrete neurotrophic factors, angiogenic factors, cytokines, and immunomodulatory substances that all contribute to improving symptoms of diabetic neuropathy.
Sushmita Yohannan (Solapur, Maharashtra): I have a friend who is suffering from diabetic neuropathy and was recommended to Stem Cell Care India. I was skeptical at first but the results were really great. My friend is so much more active and has had a noticeable improvement in her quality of life. I can’t stress enough how much more energetic she is since the procedure and I will surely recommend it!
Ronnie Sanders (Maryland, US State): I went to India for stem cell treatment for diabetic neuropathy and the results were good, with no pain or side effects. Stem Cell Care India is a good clinic for stem cell treatments of diabetic neuropathy in India, they have good doctors, the cost is affordable and the procedures are safe.
Lotti Lambrechts (Raalte, Netherlands): I have been diagnosed with Diabetic Neuropathy, and have been suffering from this for the past few months. My feet and hands would get numb, and I would have trouble walking or even moving. I tried to use the other treatments that were available, but they were all too painful for me to deal with. I was about to give up hope when I saw this listing for Stem Cell Treatment for Diabetic Neuropathy. I had no idea how stem cells could help, but I was willing to give it a try. The pain has gone away, and I can walk and move around easily.
The quality of our treatment and standard of procedures are certified and maintained with the guidelines of the below-mentioned organizations in consideration:
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare (NABH)
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Good manufacturing practice (GMP)
In order to maintain rapport with our patients, Stem Cell Care India periodically calls and checks up on them. Only proceed if they feel the service has been beneficial; it encourages us to continually perfect our convention so that we can provide even better services. You are free to contact us at any time for more information about where you are in your treatment or just for some general help as well.
It’s necessary for us to follow up with our patients at least once every month, two months, and six months following their procedure. Based on what we hear from them, we assess how well the procedure went – taking note of any changes or improvements needed in future procedures.