The optic nerve acts as a signal transmission passage between the retina in the eye and the visual cortex in brain. When the optic nerve is impaired (atrophy), visual signals become powerless to travel liberally to the brain and the patient gets affected by partial or entire loss of vision. It is imperative to remember that optic nerve atrophy can ascend from numerous demyelinating, inflammatory, ischemic or traumatic origins, and disorders such as open angle glaucoma, optic neuritis or Leber hereditary optic neuropathy are amid the several reasons of ONA. In some circumstances, the optic nerve atrophy is causing a continuous and progressive loss of vision. Few conventional treatment options are available for patients identified with ONA, which typically concentrate on helping the patients to deal with their incapacity. However, none of them are actually treating the loss of optic nerve function. Stem cells have the aptitude to rejuvenate nerve cells in the optic nerve, permitting ONA patients to recover some vision.
The accompanying immune system conditions frequently are related with optic neuritis:
- Multiple sclerosis. Different sclerosis is a malady where your immune system framework assaults the myelin sheath covering nerve strands in your mind. In individuals with optic neuritis, the danger of building up different sclerosis after one scene of optic neuritis is about half over a lifetime.
Your danger of building up various sclerosis after optic neuritis increments further if a MRI examine shows injuries on your cerebrum.
- Neuromyelitis optica. In this condition, aggravation influences the optic nerve and spinal rope. Neuromyelitis optica has similitudes to different sclerosis, however neuromyelitis optica doesn’t make harm the nerves in the cerebrum as regularly as various sclerosis does.
At the point when side effects of optic neuritis are increasingly perplexing, other related makes need be considered, including:
- Infections. Bacterial contaminations, including Lyme malady, feline scratch fever and syphilis, or infections, for example, measles, mumps and herpes, can cause optic neuritis.
- Other maladies. Ailments, for example, sarcoidosis, Behcet’s malady and lupus can cause repetitive optic neuritis.
- Drugs and poisons. A few medications and poisons have been related with the improvement of optic neuritis. Ethambutol, used to treat tuberculosis, and methanol, a typical fixing in radiator fluid, paints and solvents, are related with optic neuritis.
Optic Neuropathy usually affects one eye. Symptoms might include:
- Pain. A great many people who create optic neuritis have eye torment that is intensified by eye development. Once in a while the agony feels like a dull hurt behind the eye.
- Vision misfortune in one eye. A great many people have probably some impermanent decrease in vision, yet the degree of misfortune changes. Observable vision misfortune normally creates over hours or days and improves more than a little while to months. Vision misfortune is perpetual in certain individuals.
- Visual field misfortune. Side vision misfortune can happen in any example, for example, focal vision misfortune.
- Loss of shading vision. Optic neuritis regularly influences shading observation. You may see that hues show up less striking than ordinary.
- Flashing lights. A few people with optic neuritis report seeing glimmering or glinting lights with eye developments.
Stem cell processing method
Umbilical cord collection and preliminary testings
It is a common practice in India for mommies to voluntarily donate the umbilical cord blood from the birth of their fit full-term kids. Every mom who enters a hospital in India to give birth is spontaneously tested for all main sicknesses. Comprehensive family histories are also taken from each mother before donation. Only females who have been fully screened and found to be totally healthy are allowable to donate their umbilical cord and umbilical cord blood.
Second round of testing
The second step in the screening procedure happens in laboratory once the collected samples have been verified negatively for communicable ailments; it is then transported to our laboratories and officially becomes the property. From this phase, it is mandatory for each and every sample to be processed and provided to patients. The gathered sample starts a second round of testing and while following donor’s prerequisite also carries out testing for cytomegalovirus, micro-organisms (aerobic bacteria, anaerobic bacteria, fungi, etc.), survival rate, stem cell surface indicators and stem cell biological characteristics (colony forming aptitude, differential capability) in each step to safeguard the highest quality to its cell products.
The stem cells derived from each umbilical cord are sowed into a flask filled with culture medium. This medium does not have any animal products (such as fetal calf serum) but it is heightened with cell growth factors. The flasks are positioned in a sterilized, temperature and humidity controlled incubator. The stem cells are lengthened in the culture medium. Once the culturing is done, the culture mediums are splashed away and are harvested.
The cell products are then cryo-preserved and stored at a consistent -196 degree Celsius temperature with automatic supplement of liquid nitrogen using the exceedingly advanced Thermogenesis BioArchive system. This technology permits for integrated control rate of freezing that absolutely avoids unexpected drops in temperature. Our cryo-preservation storage equipment is also fortified with 24h real-time control system and in any situation of power-failure or other emergency; a redundant fail-safe power supply guarantees that normal operation is implemented. Our vacuum protection system can uphold appropriate temperature for 20 days without supplement of liquid nitrogen.
Packing and transport
All consignments of stem cells undergo final testing. During this procedure, they are also tested for quantity and quality. Once the stem cells are reckoned safe, each unit is positioned into either a sterile vial or a sterile IV bag for future transplantation. All merchandises are separately cataloged and traced while in transit. Our cell transplants come to pass two to three days a week. All of our cells are processed on an as-needed basis. All of our cell products are treated and kept fresh, giving us the highest stem cell sustainability count and the maximum effectiveness.
Stem cell procedure
The doctors in our affiliated hospitals use several injection procedures to deliver stem cells. Contingent on each patient’s particular condition, one or multiple approaches of delivery will be used during a standard treatment sitting so as to maximize safety and effectiveness. It is imperative to remember that Stem Cell Care India protocols always highlight safety first and the injections approaches provided are slightly invasive but still a very concentrated on delivering the stem cells as close as possible from the injury location.
Implantation Of Stem Cells: The stem cell implantation can be done in the following ways.
- Intravenous administration
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Liberation angioplasty
- Surgical administration for stroke
The purpose of our stem cell treatment is to reinstate neurological function in the brain/spinal cord lesion region, thus, numeroustypes of improvement are possible after our treatment and our previous patients have experienced the following:
- Refined visual acuity
- Heightened light perception
- Enlarged visual field
- Livelier night vision
- Decreased nystagmus
- Better-quality strabismus
It is imperative to reminisce that as for any medical treatment, improvements cannot be promised. Please contact us for more info regarding the possible improvements for any specific case.
Every patient gets an outsider authentication (broadly certify lab), for quality, amount of feasibility of cells.
The Staff at Stem Cell Care, India will call you following one month, two months and a half year to see the improvement of the treatment. This encourages us refine our conventions to improve further. You can likewise require some other assistance on the off chance that required.
Ask Your Query