Avascular necrosis, also known as osteonecrosis or bone infarction, is the death of bone tissue because of the obstruction of its natural flow. Initially, you may not notice any warning signs such as throbbing pains; yet it will slowly begin to manifest itself in how much movement you are capable of doing without feeling too many aches and pains. As time goes on complications arise such as the bones becoming brittle and weak, or even collapsing completely if left untreated for too long.
Risk factors include bone fractures, joint dislocations, alcoholism, and the use of high-dose steroids. The condition may also occur without any clear reason. The most commonly affected area is the femur with other notably frequent sites including the upper arm bone, knee, shoulder, and ankle. Diagnosis typically requires medical imaging such as an X-ray, CT scan, or MRI while biopsy has been shown to be rare at best.
Medication for this condition includes not walking on the afflicted leg, stretches, and possible surgeries are only some of the ways doctors treat patients with femoral neck fractures. Surgery is often needed to get back to living a normal life; it could involve core decompression, osteotomy (surgical correction), bone grafting, or joint replacement (replacement) all of which have their own dangers. To avoid these, patients can opt for stem cell treatment for Avascular Necrosis in Delhi, India at Stem Cell Care India.
Few people experience symptoms during the early stages of avascular necrosis. As it becomes worse, affected joints will ache when being put under pressure and eventually, you’ll feel this pain regardless if you’re at rest or not.
Avascular Necrosis is often hard to detect because symptoms will build up over a long period of time. Some symptomatic indications are given below:
- Intermittent pain that changes the intensity of its presence when you put pressure on your bone and then remove it.
- Increasing discomfort and stiffness of joints.
- Limited mobility.
- Limping in hips or knees.
- Difficulty performing physical tasks such as climbing stairs, standing, or walking.
Pain is typically categorized as either mild or severe. Pain generally develops slowly and can affect various parts of the body, such as the hips, shoulders, knees, hands, and feet.
Initially, this condition has no symptoms at all – yet it is entirely possible there is some form of breakdown present and the patient may not notice it themselves. As time passes though, stiffness in the joint slowly becomes more apparent; especially noticeable in how they walk by how they start to limp occasionally. Pain will also occur from leaning over on one side or another too much – namely their buttocks, groin area, or upper thighs.
Avascular necrosis has been classified into five stages:
- Stage 1: Radiographic changes show no sign of osteopenia. To identify this disease an MRI is required because it can also show edema. The onset of this disease is asymptomatic.
- Stage 2: Stage one with radiological changes. As it progresses, the upper central part of the joint will start to harden (sclerosis) and either lose some bone density or form cysts under the cartilage.
- Stage 3: In this stage, the articular surface is compressed such that it flattens out from its normal round shape. This causes the joints to shrink. An x-ray may show a semi-circular shape in place of a complete circle.
- Stage 4: This stage is characterized by a wide collapse of the subchondral bone and destruction of the underlying trabecular pattern. Secondary arthritis can also result from this.
- Stage 5: The final stage of rheumatoid arthritis is when both articular surfaces are affected, leading to a less functional joint.
Osteonecrosis typically affects people who are between the ages of 25 and 50. Primary causes for avascular necrosis are interruptions in blood flow to the bone which can be due to:
- An injury or trauma to a joint or bone such as an accident can disrupt the surrounding blood flow and destroy the veins near it.
- The fatty deposits (lipids) can form an obstruction in the small blood vessels that will result in no blood supply to the bones.
- There are many conditions where there is a decrease in the flow of blood to bones such as Gaucher’s disease and sickle cell anemia. Radiotherapy which treats cancer may also lead to damage to the blood vessels and weakening of the bones.
- One-fourth of those diagnosed with avascular necrosis do not know what caused it.
A diagnosis for osteonecrosis can be determined through the investigation of a person’s medical history combined with an examination. Risk factors such as steroid use and alcohol abuse are critical to keep in mind when investigating this condition. Osteonecrosis affects mainly people who are younger – another tell-tale sign is locking, popping, or a loud click felt during movement of the affected joint which indicates that there may be loose pieces of bone at play.
In the later stages of the disease, there will be a noticeable decrease in mobility and an increase in pain. Once osteonecrosis is detected, it is important for the physician to check for other joints that are at risks – such as hips, shoulders, or knees.
In the earliest stages, this condition is asymptomatic, making it hard to diagnose. Early screening through MRI is currently the best way to detect such a condition because of its high level of accuracy and sensitivity. A double-line sign appears at the edges of regions in osteonecrosis – consisting of an inner bright one indicating new bone formation and an outer dark one showing where the necrotic tissue was previously located. If we measure the size and exact location of these lesions well enough, we will be able to predict when they will collapse again or their growing behaviors.
With imaging advancements, diagnostic testing can identify the disease at an earlier stage. Affected areas will appear denser (increased whiteness) and might look sclerotic or patchy. With high-resolution magnetic resonance imaging, doctors are able to find a subchondral radiolucency called a crescent sign. This can tell when there is an imminent risk of joint collapse.
The death of the cells in the femoral head leads to fractures as AVN progresses. The collapse of the joint surfaces occurs when one-third or more of the tissue is gone; this affects adults between twenty and sixty years old most often. If you’ve reached this point then surgery may be an option, but it’s unlikely that your pain will disappear entirely after a procedure like a total hip replacement due to the aggressiveness of this illness.
The causes of AVN remain ambiguous, even though many theories were proposed. Regardless, patients are at risk when they experience certain conditions and/or injuries that might cause complications in the bloodstream; such as a clotting disorder or genetic abnormality. One theory argues that damage occurs to bone cells because of an excessive amount of fluid inside them and too little blood flowing through them -similar to what happens in compartment syndrome after a traumatic injury.
Get Stem Cell Therapy for Avascular Necrosis
Regenerative medicine is an emerging field that focuses on repairing and regenerating tissue in the human body using various cells that when injected could elevate the bodies healing capacity or could be transformed into the missing cells to fill in the need for the same. Stem Cells are one such modality that is the combination of these two properties with many others.
Stem Cell Therapy is utilized for the treatment of Avascular Necrosis also known as Osteonecrosis. This therapeutic procedure is also used for a variety of musculoskeletal problems involving the shoulder, elbow, wrist, spine, hip, knee, and ankle and has shown to be an effective solution.
Recognizing and halting the progression of arthritis development will prevent you from needing joint replacement surgery. Stopping its progress using stem cell therapy has changed how people think about dealing with this condition permanently.
Treatments at Stem Cell Care India last three days. They are relatively safe and non-invasive, so it is possible for patients to travel the very next day; however, they must keep in mind this schedule while undergoing treatment here:
- Picking up patients from the airport.
- The interaction between the doctor and patient will be held to clear up the patient’s doubts about the treatment.
- Admission Procedure
- Clinical examinations and lab tests are conducted according to what the physician has prescribed.
- Providing relevant Supportive Therapy
- Implantation of the Stem cells
- Providing relevant Supportive Therapy
- Providing Physiotherapy
- Providing relevant Supportive Therapy
- Providing Physiotherapy
- Completion of the discharge formalities.
- Drop-off at the airport.
There are different ways in which stem cells can be implanted as mentioned below:
- Intravenous Administration: Intravenous Administration avoids the first-pass drug effect and leads to direct entry of drugs into the body’s system. As a result, you can feel its effects immediately.
- Intrathecal (lumbar puncture): A lumbar puncture is a process that guides an x-ray needle into your spine where chemotherapy drugs are then injected into the area. The CSF may also be removed from time to time and examined by medical professionals.
- Intramuscular: Intramuscular injections are often abbreviated as IM. They involve injecting substances into the tissue surrounding muscles.
- Intra-arterial: Intra-arterial (IA) administration of drugs into the carotid or vertebral arteries is another way to increase the effectiveness of treatments.
- Subcutaneous: When using this injection method, it is most effective to use a small needle in order to penetrate the tissue layer between skin and muscle for an optimal dose.
Aside from the above-mentioned methods, there are a few other methods that are condition-specific or only used on the recommendation of the doctor such as Liberation angioplasty and Surgical administration.
How effective is stem cell therapy for people with avascular necrosis?
- In conclusion, the mesenchymal stem cells in the form of can provide both pain relief and an increase in functionality for those diagnosed with AVN of the femoral head.
How long does it take for stem cells to heal the hip?
- In general, stem cell administration and hospitalization take 3 days, after which patients are suggested to maintain a less physical intensive lifestyle for a week or two. This helps in boosting the effects of stem cells, but the patents overall condition could also take more than a year to improve depending on its severity.
Can AVN be cured without surgery?
- Stem cell therapy is a promising minimally invasive method of healing the dead tissue around an AVN lesion. This treatment option can also stop the progression of avascular necrosis (AVN) and avoid total hip arthroplasty surgery.
Which treatment is better, PRP or stem cell therapy?
- Unlike PRP Therapy, which utilizes only growth factors to initiate the body’s repair response, Stem Cell Therapy also stimulates stem cells’ ability to regenerate and hence is a better treatment modality.
Is stem cell therapy painful?
- Yes, but not too much. Stem cell therapy for back, knee, shoulder, or joint pain could be minimally painful, but that pain is nothing compared to what the patient has to otherwise undergo in surgery.
What can’t you do after stem cell therapy?
Any forceful rotation or extensive physical movement should be avoided. Keep in mind that proper healing over the first two months following the treatment will offer you the highest chance of success. The cells are delicate, and you must be careful not to overload them or subject them to undue stress or shearing.
Stem cells are the “master cells” of the human body and they play a big role in promoting longevity by replacing damaged cells with new ones. One of the many benefits of stem cell therapy is that it’s flexible, meaning that stem cells can be harvested from even umbilical cord blood so there will be no shortage of them, as opposed to embryonic stem cells that need to be obtained while trying to fertilize an egg outside the body. They also do not conform to ethical standards.
Several improvements have been sighted by the use of these “master cells” in the patients during the Stem Cell Treatment for Avascular Necrosis in Delhi, India. Some of these improvements are significant and show great potential for further developments in the field of stem cells, one where stem cells will be able to act more efficiently and provide relief to the patients. The current major recorded in our previous patients are as follows:
- Improvement in functions.
- Significant pain relief.
- Stoppage of the condition’s progression.
- Increase in patient’s activeness.
- Overall development of the body.
Mesenchymal Stem Cells are the stem cells that are used to treat orthopedic conditions. With careful and supervised treatment, patients treated with MSCs have had successful results at Stem Cell Care India. MSCs are responsible for secreting a variety of different growth factors and cytokines including BMPs, TGF-, and VEGF. They also divide into bone, skin, cartilage, ligament, or tendon cells (VEGF). This secreted protein plays an important role in various biological processes including angiogenesis, cell survival, and proliferation.
MSCs may also migrate to the site of an injury or illness and modulate the inflammatory response. Genetically modified cells are being created for the long-term release of growth factors in order to help treat disease. Mesenchymal stem cells are able to invade any kind of mesodermal tissue, which can then prompt them to develop into the required tissue, healing the condition of the patients.
While stem cell therapy in India has become a popular topic, it is important to realize who will be providing this treatment. There have been many doctors who administer these treatments without adequate training or without assuring the safety of the patients during the procedure. Stem Cell Care India ensures the safety of its patients by ensuring trained staff and strictly meeting regulations set forth in guidelines which makes us one of the most reliable clinics available for Stem Cell Treatment for Avascular Necrosis in Delhi, India.
As a medical facility, we believe it is our duty to provide unparalleled treatment for all patients who come through our doors. This starts with hiring only the best doctors from around the world who have unmatched knowledge and experience – qualities that are necessary for great results. At Stem Cell Care India, no one is treated differently because each life deserves the best care available.
Our team knows that feeling safe is a major concern when it comes to receiving medical assistance so worry not, we would never suggest something without first considering what would work best for you. Whether you’re trying to treat an old sports injury or looking for relief from Avascular Necrosis, we always want to do everything possible so you can feel confident and at ease while under our care.
We understand that the stem cells have great potential and are able to cure a vast spectrum of implications, therefore we make sure to use this potential to its complete extent and aim to provide dream-like treatments to patients of as many conditions as possible, introducing the opportunities for patients to change their life for better. We also stay regular with the follow-ups and provide other assistance related to the patient’s stay that too in budget-friendly prices.
As in most western countries, the cost of regenerative treatments can exceed what most individuals are able to pay, India has emerged as an attractive option for those looking for affordable healthcare options. With its fast-growing economy and especially competitive medical industry, traveling to India for treatments not only come out to be cheaper than similar regenerative treatments found elsewhere but India also offers more advanced medical care, one that in multiple instances has also been proved to be better than the west.
While traveling to India for stem cell therapy has become more of an option than ever, it’s important to take note that complications can happen when one leaves their own country. This is why the specialists at Stem Cell Care India are always on hand – guiding each step along the way from travel plans all the way until after the treatment has been completed and recuperation has set in.
The following are factors that influence the cost of stem cell therapy:
- Severity of the patient’s conditions.
- Previous medical history.
- Number of stem cells required.
- Height and Weight of the patients.
As stem cell therapy is a relatively new concept in the country, it has been difficult for us at Stem Cell Care India to handle all of the challenges presented by this. Patients who’ve gone through our process have expressed greater success than those we treat elsewhere because they have not used advanced technology or outdated methods that might otherwise be available.
Recent studies made by experts in the field reveal that clinics with outdated or non-existent equipment are dangerous for patients and the clinics must stay up-to-date having the modern tools available. These conclusions were reached after observing many factors, such as the facilities, quality of staff, and their level of skill, including the treatment results.
After analyzing our past performance records, we found that patients visiting our clinic saw rapid and positive results from treatments using state-of-the-art technology. We also have a team of experts on staff to provide you with additional assistance as needed throughout your treatment process.
Orthopedic conditions are no longer treated with traditional methods. There are many new treatments available that use innovative science and cutting-edge technology such as stem cells. Rather than being stuck in one spot, coming from Delhi where India’s leading center for this state of art care resides, it is our goal to provide the best healthcare services possible to those who need them most. If we would be able to use these advanced techniques while also working on more conventional remedies, then we would have access to efficient and effective treatments without the fear of side effects.
Stem cell therapy is an advantageous treatment option for avascular necrosis because it offers many benefits when compared to other treatments:
- Patients usually only require three days at the hospital for stem cell therapy. They are then able to return home, back to their normal lives without worrying about any adverse effects or whether the procedure was successful.
- The treatment is safe since it utilizes the body’s regenerative abilities to get results.
- Stem cells are known to retain their neuroprotective and neuro-regenerative properties for a long time.
- Stem cells are implanted for the sake of accelerating the natural recovery process and reaching damaged tissues as quickly and conveniently as possible so that the patient can undergo treatments with optimal results.
- Stem Cell Therapy is a less painful and minimally invasive therapy for patients with Avascular Necrosis. Additionally, it is also a very affordable and effective method.
Let’s talk about some of the key points to consider when dealing with stem cell treatments for avascular necrosis in India. One point worth mentioning is the enormous difference between prices, but it is always best to weigh this against other factors such as quality and service. It is important for us to make sure that our stem cells are delivered to you in the absolute best condition possible; we never cut corners. To get an idea of how committed we are, read on about our extensive quality control measures:
- Each batch of stem cells is properly tested for the presence of any infections prior to being sent for processing.
- Both stem cells and the equipment to be used during the process are also tested to make sure they do not contain any gram bacteria & mycoplasma.
- Endotoxin levels are also kept in mind and only the specified amount of endotoxin is allowed.
- To ensure that the stem cells are safe for use, they undergo several tests to find any signs of bacteria or mutation. Once it is confirmed that the cells are uncontaminated, are used therapeutically.
- Furthermore, the cells we use for our treatments come with a “Certificate of Analysis” that can serve as an added measure to assure customers about the quality of each batch.
While there are different treatment options out there to ensure people live life to its fullest, none come close to being as effective as the new stem cell therapy option. If a person has avascular necrosis, they have been living with this condition their entire lives; until now that is. With the introduction of these Stem Cell Treatments for Avascular Necrosis in Delhi India, patients who suffer from this affliction now have an opportunity for a better cure and faster recovery.
Many patients who were administered with the stem cells in the past claim that they felt their everyday life has improved and did their body functionality. They also told us how before this treatment there would be no chance for their cure and to some extent, they have accepted this pain and would lay around the whole day. But when they came to know about the stem cells and gave them a try, they are feeling liberated and are once again able to see the hope of a pleasant future.
Many researches also showed that stem cell therapy for avascular necrosis in India still has a lot of potential and after a little more research, can be advanced to cure even severe conditions or even regenerate the parts of the body. Till then, we advise every person suffering from avascular necrosis to visit us for the most advanced stem cell treatments that are administered at the advanced facility and have had amazing results in the past.
The quality of our treatment and standard of procedures are certified and maintained with the guidelines of the below-mentioned organizations in consideration:
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare (NABH)
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Good manufacturing practice (GMP)
Nancy Dubey (Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu): I had avascular necrosis in my hip joint. I was in a lot of pain, and I was worried about other side effects of the surgery. I found stem cell treatment for avascular necrosis on the internet and I decided to give it a try. I got treated at Stem Cell Care India at an affordable price. I am now able to walk and do my work without much pain. I am very grateful for your guy’s assistance.
Vera L. Weiner (Sacramento, California): The treatment was very effective. I had avascular necrosis with a bone spur in my hip. The treatment is effective, more evidence-based, and less painful. The stem cell treatment has been done and I am more confident, my hip pain is gone, and I am more active and energetic than I was before. I recommend stem cell therapy for all patients with avascular necrosis.
Virginia Thompson (Batavia, New York): Stem Cell Care India is a really amazing clinic for stem cell therapy of avascular necrosis in India. I at first thought that it will make a difference but not too much. In reality, it’s been only a few weeks since my treatment, already I am a lot better. I am thankful to the doctors there for taking care of me.
It is imperative that patients are followed up from time to time to ensure they are improving as per the assumptions of the doctor and do not have any unexpected complications. This will increase the chances of a positive outcome while also minimizing concerns over safety and liability.
The staff at Stem Cell Care India will call you the following 1 month, 2 months, and a half years to see the improvement of the treatment. These calls encourage us to refine our work in order to keep improving it. You can also request some other assistance if necessary.