The symptoms shown by kids or patients with Intellectual disability vary as per the level of their disability i.e. mild, moderate or severe. A kid with Mild Intellectual disability will majorly show the following signs:
- Lack of attention and attentiveness.
- Will find trouble following multiple commands at one time.
- Mild damage in memory, learning power and grasping power.
- Low sitting tolerance, hyperactivity in some situations.
- Particularly withdrawn behavior or being sedentary throughout the day.
- Has trouble being social, making friends and communicating evidently with other children or people.
- Mild damage in consciousness related to the surroundings and poor judgment skills.
Intellectual Disabilities stem cell therapy is one cure for the underlying problem. A kid with Moderate Intellectual infirmity will have:
- Poor command following skills – trouble following one step basic commands.
- Poor reminiscence, learning and grasping power.
- Existence of hyperactivity, poor sitting patience and aggressive behavior at times.
- Complete dependency on others for daily chores and simple activities of daily life such as eating, bathing, dressing and toileting.
- Occurrence of extraneous laughing or crying at times.
- Trouble in communication and expressing their basic needs.
Presence of behavioral problems at times such as obstinacy and physically unmannerly behavior. Though the disorder is psychological stem cell treatment for intellectual disability in India is a helpful treatment that will help better the situation for the patients.
In about one-third of the circumstances stem cell treatment for Intellectual disability in Delhi, poses as the befitting solution. There may be situation where the reason is unknown. However, there are few known risk factors or reasons that can result in Intellectual disability in the youngster.
- Infection – Any infection at the time of birth or during pregnancy. For example, no appropriate development of the fetus, not having sufficient oxygen reaching the brain, alcohol consumption during pregnancy etc.
- Genetic conditions – Genetic disorders such as Down’s syndrome, William Syndrome, Fragile X syndrome etc.
- Metabolic – (such as hyperbilirubinemia, very great bilirubin levels in babies)
- Nutritional – Malnourishment being one of the chief reasons resulting in intellectual disability.
- Environmental factors such as lead or mercury poisoning.
- Iodine insufficiency.
This is a new kind of treatment available for the Neurodevelopmental disorders. Stem cell therapy aids in decreasing the problematic behaviors of the kid in the first place, for instance, decreasing hyperactivity, increasing his sitting tolerance, decreasing aggressive and obstinate behavior, which permits the child to cooperate. This in turn shapes up his learning capability and grasping power. His social interaction improves as well and he comprehends relationships better and develops a sense of identity.
Stem cell processing method
Umbilical cord collection and preliminary testing. It is a common practice in India for mommies to voluntarily donate the umbilical cord blood from the birth of their fit full-term kids. Every mom who enters a hospital in India to give birth is spontaneously tested for all main sicknesses. Family history and medical history is taken into account before making the final decision. The females who pass the test are the only ones eligible to donate the umbilical cord. Healthy moms are the ones most preferred for the task.
Second round of testing
The second step in the screening procedure happens in the laboratory once the collected samples have been verified negatively for the communicable ailments, it is then transported to our laboratories and officially become the property. From this phase, it is mandatory for each and every sample to be processed and provided to the patient. The gathered sample starts a second round of testing and while following donor’s prerequisite also carries out testing for cytomegalovirus, micro-organisms (aerobic bacteria, anaerobic bacteria, fungi, etc.), survival rate, stem cell surface indicators and stem cell biological characteristics (colony forming aptitude, differential capability) in each step to safeguard the highest quality to its cell products.
The stem cells derived from each umbilical cord are sowed into a flask filled with culture medium. This medium does not have any animal products (such as fetal calf serum) but it is heightened with cell growth factors. The flasks are positioned in a sterilized, temperature controlled and humidity controlled incubator. The stem cells are lengthened in the culture medium. Once the culturing is done, the culture mediums are splashed away and are harvested.
The cell products are then cryo-preserved and stored at a consistent -196 degree Celsius temperature with automatic supplement of liquid nitrogen using the exceedingly advanced Thermogenesis Bio Archive system. This technology permits utilization of integrated control rate of freezing that absolutely avoids unexpected drops in temperature. Our cryo-preservation storage equipment is also fortified with a real-time control system and in any case of power-failure or other emergency; a redundant fail-safe power supply guarantees that normal operation goes on uninterrupted. Our vacuum protection system can uphold appropriate temperature for 20 days without supplement of liquid nitrogen.
Packing and transport
All consignments of stem cells undergo final testing. During this procedure, they are all tested for quantity and quality both. Once the stem cells are reckoned safe, each unit is positioned into either a sterile vial or a sterile IV bag for future transplantation. All merchandises are separately cataloged and traced while in transit. Our cell transplants come to pass two to three days a week. All of our cells are processed on and as-needed basis the requirement. All of our cell products are treated and kept afresh, giving us the highest stem cell sustainability count and the maximum effectiveness.
Stem cell procedure
The doctors in our affiliated hospitals use several procedures to deliver optimum level of satisfaction with the stem cells treatment. Contingent on each patient’s particular condition, one or multiple approaches of delivery will be used during a standard treatment sitting so as to maximize the safety and effectiveness of the treatment. It is imperative to remember that Stem Cell Care India protocols always highlight safety first and the injections approaches provided are slightly invasive but still very concentrated on delivering the stem cell treatment as close as possible from the injury location.