As a patient or attendant, you have the right to:
- Get treated with respect, consideration, sympathy and poise, in a safe and clean environment regardless of your age, gender, race, origin, religion, sexual orientation or sicknesses.
- Be addressed by your proper name and to be conversant about the names of the doctors, nurses and other healthcare crew members involved in your care.
- Complete security of your privacy, dignity and discretion in care discussions, inspections and treatments.
- A clear and understandable explanation by your doctor about your diagnosis, as well as the benefits and risks of every treatment, expected result and change in medical condition.
- Be protected from physical exploitation and carelessness.
- Get info from the hospital regarding the projected cost of treatment and payment policies.
Request for a copy of your medical records as per the protocols.