Optic nerve disorders can cause vision problems and can affect one or both eyes. The optic nerve contains millions of nerve fibers carrying images of what the eye sees to the brain. As these nerve fibres get damaged, the brain stops receiving information in the correct manner thereby blurring the vision. This condition is also called optic atrophy and optic neuropathy.
The damage caused to the nerve fibers leads to different types of eye disorders. The disorder of the optic nerve can be caused by the developmental factors or acquired factors. Till date there is no proven treatment for optic atrophy. However, the treatment that is started before the development of optic atrophy can be helpful in saving useful vision. However, Optic nerve atrophy stem cell treatment is considered trusted treatment for the ailment. The role of intravenous steroids is a proven treatment in case of optic neuritis or arthritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy. Early diagnosis and prompt optic nerve atrophy stem cell treatment in Delhi India can help the patients with compressive and toxic neuropathies.
Stem cell treatment holds a key for the future treatment of neuronal disorders. Neural progenitor cells delivered to the vitreous can add into the ganglion cell layer of the retina, turn on neurofilament genes, and migrate into the host’s optic nerve. The optic nerve fiber is made of axons from the retinal ganglion cells, that usually doesn’t regenerate after an injury, resulting in a lifelong visual loss. In recent studies using hamster’s as muse, anterograde tracing and electrophysiological responses disclose that a small number of axons can regenerate all the way back to the superior colliculus. In other studies, remapping of the retina was noted in the superior colliculus following axon regeneration. These findings have given hope to clinically meaningful regeneration of axons, which may become a reality in the near future. You can now cure this disease with optic nerve transplant stem cell.
Do you Know about Optic Nerve Atrophy?
The optic nerve contains nerve fibres that transmit impulses to the brain. In the case of optic atrophy, something is interfering with the optic nerve’s ability to transmit these signals. Interference can be caused by a number of reasons, including:
Glaucoma is a disease that affects the eyes.
Anterior optic ischemic neuropathy is a form of stroke that affects the optic nerve.
A tumour rubbing against the optic nerve.
Multiple sclerosis causes optic neuritis, which is an inflammation (swelling) of the optic nerve.
An hereditary syndrome in which a person loses vision in one eye and then the other (known as Leber’s inherited optic neuropathy).
A congenital problem is improper optic nerve growth (the person is born with it).
There are many approaches for treating the disease, but none of them has been shown to be as effective and safe as stem cell therapy. It assists in the regeneration of optic nerve cells, enabling patients with optic atrophy to see more clearly.
- Stroke, known as anterior ischemic optic neuropathy.
- A tumor putting pressure on the optic nerve.
- Optic neuritis, an inflammation or swelling that affects the optic nerve area, this is the reason of multiple sclerosis.
- A hereditary issue in which the person witnesses a loss of vision that affects one eye, and then in the other. This condition is known as Leber’s optic neuropathy.
Some of the common symptoms of optic nerve atrophy are:
- Abnormal colour vision
- A sudden or abrupt loss of vision
- Change in the optic disc
- A reduction in sharpness of vision
- Involuntary movement of the eyes
Difficulties with peripheral (side) vision
A comprehensive eye exam is undergone to determine the cause of ONA including a complete medical history, color vision, side vision, visual acuity assessment and pupil reaction. An ophthalmologist determines the condition of optic nerve using an instrument. If it appears pale, then it indicates loss of nerve fibres. MRI of the orbits, brain and blood tests may be necessary for the same. Stem cell therapy for optic nerve atrophy.
Latest researches have revealed that Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells can differentiate into nerve cells, neovascularise (formation of blood vessels) immunomodulate when injected into the affected area, thereby improving the symptoms and aiding longevity of healthy life. Steroids and other diseases modifying drugs cannot cover all the symptoms and are aimed at managing only specific symptoms. Again, the concern of critical side effects of drugs is also present. With the MSC treatment, there is no such concern.
In StemCellCareIndia, we use the unique technology of Mesenchymal stem cells extracted from Wharton’s jelly (WJ) for treating MS. WJ-MSCs offer remunerative and budget friendly favorable treatment for tissue engineering purpose. An optic nerve stem cell regeneration aids this and more. They might help in the three peculiarly prominent ways – prevent damage, repair damage and develop new medicines. The treatment will take place in multiple steps comprising of the following.
- Qualification for the treatment: Our experts will assess all your past medical history and symptoms to examine and correctly judge the severity of your condition. A series of tests will be performed to gain a knowledge of the stage of disease. As per the test results, our experts will counsel the patient for further process of the procedure.
- Source Extraction: With guidance and approval from the physician, the source of extraction will be decided. In general, WJ-MSCs are the most potent allogenic sources available. Stem cells from a healthy person (the donor) are transferred to the patient’s body. A bone marrow donor is considered for allogenic stem cell transplantation. A scraping from the inside of the patient and his or her sibling’s cheek is tested to determine tissue type. An expert will examine to identity Human Leukocyte Antigens (HLAs). If the HLA on the donor cells are identical or similar, the transplant is more likely to be successful. Stem cell for optic nerve atrophy is promoted to aid patients suffering from similar kind of ailment.
- Laboratory Processing: The extracted samples will be sent to government approved cGMP laboratory for processing. The sample manipulation will take place in a state-of-the-art facility in compliance with the ISO and GMP standards and using the latest technologies. The client will receive a third party certificate from an internationally accredited lab for quality purpose. An optic nerve stem cell therapy provides just that and more.
- Stem Cell Implantation: Once the stem cells are ready to be implanted, the doctor will identify the most potent method of infusion based on the patient’s physical and mental well-being. The only limitation of the allogenic stem cell treatment is that this procedure carries the risk of developing Graft vs. host disease (GVHD), wherein the patient’s body rejects the donor stem cells. Human leukocyte antigens (HLA) can help minimize the risk of any side effects. In this procedure, the HLA of the patient and the donor are primarily matched as closely as possible.
Optic nerve damage stem cell treatment Aftercare: The patients will be asked to visit the doctors for evaluation. You will be provided counselling for speedy recovery and also kept on check to ensure that no side effects affect the human body.
Get Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy
- Stem cell therapy is being researched widely as a cure for degenerative eye disorders, including the regeneration of affected nerves and the restoration of nerve chains.
- One of the Swiss clinical trials showed the high efficiency of stem cell application in nerve lesions. A good therapeutic effect was observed in 70-90 percent of cases in the form of better motor and sensory functions.
- Cell therapy has shown the best effects in brain nerve lesions, degenerative pathologies, nervous system diseases, and hypoxic pathologies.
- The findings also suggest that trophic stem cell factors protect damaged neurons from death and promote the formation of new interneuron connections.
- Cell therapy, on the other hand, significantly slows down visual loss in patients with advanced conditions.
- Stem cell therapy, in combination with specialised treatments, aids in the treatment of the primary symptoms of optic atrophy (central, peripheral, and colour vision loss) and promotes tissue regeneration.
- Stem Cell Care India is committed to delivering the best stem cell therapy for each patient’s unique disease.
How Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy works?
Drugs that rely on stem cells create millions of viable neural progenitor cells that form the optic nerve. Cell therapy is categorised into many stages: specialists harvest stem cells from the bone marrow by puncturing the ilium, or from adipose tissue using liposuction-like techniques. The presence of pathogens in the blood, as well as essential properties of stem cells such as number and viability, are all checked.
The cellular material is purified if it meets any of the re-implantation conditions. The viability of stem cells could exceed 98-99 percent. The prescribed amount of medication is inserted into the subtenon and suprachoroidal spaces of the eye (i.e. in certain areas of the orbit near the optic nerve). It is a less traumatic and time-consuming treatment. To incorporate the procedure’s results, the second session should be completed in 1-2 months.
This method of delivery means that the drug is administered directly to the pathological focus, resulting in the most successful therapeutic outcome. The treatment is quick to administer and has no undesirable side effects. An alternative reflexotherapy and electrostimulation course will be prescribed to ensure the optimum effects. Where required, drug therapy is performed. Stem Cell Care India, the best stem cell service provider, performs Optic Nerve Atrophy Stem Cell Therapy.
What to Expect from Stem Cell Treatment for Optic nerve Atrophy?
Following infusion, stem cells generate a population of target cells that continue to reproduce, restore nerve impulse conduction, and supply new neuronal cells to the visual analyzer for up to 1.5 years. A few days after the stem cell therapy session, the body’s immune system is stimulated. Their funding is focused on the regeneration of destroyed tissues. The patient may become uneasy at this stage, resulting in an exacerbation of the underlying illness.
It’ll go down soon, and the pain will be gone in two weeks. Within a month, the missing nerve fibres and neurons will begin to regenerate. It lasts for six months. The status of the patient will easily adjust depending on the treatment course of optic atrophy, the patient’s age, specific characteristics, and the presence of concomitant pathologies. Stem Cell Care India is committed to ensuring the best possible therapy for patients in order to heal their physical illnesses.
VIP Treatment to Patients at Stem Cell Care India
- In the VIP recovery room in the advanced facility, the counseling sessions provided to patients at Stem Cell Care India occur.
- The effective care staff ensures 24*7 oversight of the patients.
- Stem Cell Care India strongly advises that patients continue in the hospital for a minimum of 3 days.
Stem Cell Care India Treatment Procedure
The stem cell therapy with Stem Cell Care India has a period of 3 days. The procedure for treatment is safe and non-invasive. The next day, patients will fly. For the patients, the following is the day-wise routine.
- Pick up from the Airport to the Hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Admission procedure
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Stem cell Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
- For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
- Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
Implantation of Stem Cells: The stem cell implantation can be done in the following ways.
- Intravenous administration
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Liberation angioplasty
- Surgical administration for stroke
- Do I would like to habitually examine my eyes?
Yes, it’s continuously better to visualize your eyes on a daily basis. Young adults between the cohorts 20-39 ought to have their eye checkups once each 3-5 years. Whereas adults between the cohort 40-64 ought to have their eye checkups once each 2-4 years. Just in case the senior voters higher than sixty five years of age, ophthalmologist’s visit ought to be once per annum. no matter age teams, some folks are sorted below the class of high risk adults ought to additionally visit specialist once a year like folks with polygenic disorder, sturdy case history of eye disease, folks with AIDS etc.
- Will performing at a video display or sitting near TV screen harm my eyes?
No, there’s not any scientific proof that these instruments emit rays that may be harmful for the eyes, but long operating hours typically and thence it’s often useful to require periodic breaks, wanting off within the distance etc.
- Sometimes I do notice dark uneven spots or floaters particularly on the white surface, is that something to worry about?
It is definitely better to visit the doctors as earliest as possible. These are the unit the common eye issue that affects the retinal or membrane malfunctioning.
- Why have step by step found it more durable to scan while not glasses?
The ability to focus on the closest of objects decreases with age and is said as farsightedness. The condition is due to natural aging of the optic lens. The condition is usually irreversible with standard optic nerve atrophy stem cell treatment, however, stem cells are sure to some extent reverse the harm naturally, with complete stoppage of additional progression.
- Will my kid inherit some eye problems?
Yes, a number of the attention disorders like eye disease, photophobia etc. area unit ascertained to be directly joined up with a genetic disorder which may either be hereditary or modification disorders. However, a number of the common eye issues like burns, membrane harm, etc. are all associated with environmental harm.
- Can eyes be transplanted?
No, there are not many or any evidences that point to transplant the complete eyes, but a part of the attention will be replaced if an acceptable donor is found.
- Can somatic cell treatment, reverse my damage?
Yes, stem cells area unit form the pristine cells of the body, which may bring about an array of cell type, upon correct signaling. In case of an eye disorder, these cells have shown outstanding enhancements by modulating their roles from photo receptor cells, rods and cones cells of the inner eyes to second cranial nerve cells, etc. This differentiation is achieved naturally with minuscule manipulation outside the body, victimizing autologous stem cells sources like bone marrow.
The purpose of our stem cell treatment is to reinvigorate neurological function in the brain/spinal cord lesion region, thus, myriads of improvement choices are possible after the treatment. From the history of patient’s health study it is found out that most of them were affected from the following:
- Refined visual acuity
- Boosted light perception
- Enlarged visual field
- Brighter night vision
- Abridged nystagmus
- Better strabismus
8. Is it possible to cure optic nerve atrophy?
As a result, there is no treatment for optic atrophy in western medicine. They can’t regenerate or expand before the optic nerve’s nerve fibres are lost. Early identification and treatment of the underlying causes of optic atrophy, on the other hand, can help to reduce the disease’s chance of progression.
9. What is the prevalence of optic nerve atrophy?
Optic nerve atrophy is believed to affect one of every 35,000 individuals on the globe. This disease is more widespread in Denmark, where it affects around 1 in 10,000 people.
Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) can improve the vision via the following mechanisms, centered on their different inimitable features:
- MSCs have the aptitude to segregate into neural cells and secrete neurotropic factors, such as brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF), glial cell line-derived neurotropic factors (GDNF), which might encourage differentiation of the grafted cells into neural cells, hinder apoptosis, improve angiogenesis, quash an inflammatory infiltrate and maintain grafted cell survival.
These mechanisms not only aid in preserving the vision but also aid in considerably improving the lost or absent vision via the regeneration of optic nerve and retinal ganglion cells.
We believe that there is always optimism and that patients deserve access to effective and safe treatments. We are self-governing with an in-house medical department. We combine internationally recognized hospitals, pioneering treatments, unique products and amenities that are integrative and effective to warrant best possible treatment outcomes. StemCellCareIndia is here to help you with all kinds of stem cell treatments.
Every patient gets an outsider authentication (broadly certify lab), for quality, amount of feasibility of cells.
The Staff at Stem Cell Care, India will call you following one month, two months and a half year to see the improvement of the treatment. This encourages us refine our conventions to improve further. You can likewise require some other assistance on the off chance that required.
Conventional treatments cannot restore vision; they are supportive therapies to delay the progression of the disease. Stem cells have a great deal of potential to replace damaged cells and provide hope for children suffering from such a debilitating condition.
Once the stem cells are in the retrobulbar area (the tissue behind your eye), they can begin working on damaged parts and start restoring energy to optic fibers and retinal cells. Differentiated mesenchymal stem cells can be used to repair lesions in optic nerve fibers as well as prevent further damage by replacing damaged or lost retinal pigment epithelium, thus improving vision, the field of vision, and color discrimination capacity for patients who’ve sustained Optic Nerve Injuries or Atrophy.
Merlin Settle (Utah, USA): I’ve used this eye therapy for my child’s optic nerve atrophy and I’m very satisfied with the results. Not only did it improve his vision, but it also helped with his cognitive functions and behavior. The best thing about stem cell therapy is that it’s completely natural and there are no side effects. Thanks, SCCI for your great assistance and amazing treatment.
Julia W. Barker (Marseille, France): I searched for stem cell treatment in the United States and Canada but they all had long waiting lists and too high prices, so I decided to look for clinics in India and found Stem Cell Care. I was impressed by the reviews I found online, and I had a consultation with their medical staff. If you are looking for a stem cell treatment for optic nerve atrophy, I highly recommend Stem Cell Care India. They are affordable and have a very advanced facility.
Reika Yamochi (Blyton, UK): I had a problem with my optic nerve, I was worried that I might lose my vision, tried stem cell therapy in India and now I’m seeing again and I feel great, I can see everything and I can’t believe it, it’s a miracle, so happy, I didn’t think it would work but I did it anyway. If you are a patient with Optic Nerve Atrophy, go for stem cell treatment. It Works.
The different types of optic atrophy can be stated based on their clinical classification as follows:
- Primary Optic Atrophy: This condition occurs in the absence of any prior swelling of the optic nerve head. Lesions in the anterior visual system, extending from the RGCs to the lateral geniculate (LGB) body, cause the condition. Primary optic atrophy is caused by a variety of conditions, including pituitary or optic nerve tumors and aneurysms, hereditary- and traumatic-optic neuropathies, toxic- and nutritional-optic neuropathies, retrobulbar neuritis, and multiple sclerosis. The axons degenerate in an orderly fashion in this condition. Following that, the resolution is characterized by the formation of columns of glial cells.
- Secondary Optic Atrophy: Secondary optic atrophy leads to optic disc swelling, i.e. as seen in papilledema, optic neuritis, or AION. The fibers of the optic nerve show marked deterioration and the proliferation of glial tissue is profuse. The architecture of the optic nerve head loses its contour and disc margins become indistinct.
- Consecutive Optic Atrophy: is most commonly associated with diseases that affect the inner parts of the retina or its blood supply. Note that some examples include retinitis pigmentosa, pathological myopia (which is an eye illness caused by excessive near-sightedness), or following pan-retinal photocoagulation (another type of eye operation carried out as a treatment for macular degeneration).
- Glaucomatous Optic Atrophy: It is characterized by certain specific mechanical and vascular changes in the optic disc, such as an increase in the cup: disc ratio and changes in the blood vessels as well as thinning of surrounding retinal nerve fibers. This nerve damage is usually associated with increased eye pressure for reasons that doctors do not entirely comprehend.
When it comes to stem cell therapy, India is an ideal choice for people around the world as in other countries, it costs way more than the expenses of traveling and staying combined with the treatment itself. While affordable, the technology and guidelines followed throughout the procedure are also of international grade, therefore providing the finest experience at affordable costs. A few factors that can deviate the cost of therapy in India are as follows:
- Severity of the patient’s condition.
- Number of cells required.
- Age of the patient.
- Height of the patient.
Therefore, for complete clarification, you can get in touch will our experts and get a free consultation.
Patients suffering from optic nerve atrophy are benefiting greatly from stem cell therapy. Most of the patients who have had stem cell therapy for optic nerve atrophy have been showing remarkable results including a complete recovery in the symptoms observed before their treatment as follows:
- Total halt on the progression of the Atrophy.
- Remarkable regeneration of the damaged nerves.
- Improved light perception.
- Better Strabismus.
- Enhanced night vision.
- Increased field of view.
- Improved Accuracy.
The human eye is like a camera; it captures and transmits images to the brain. Both eyes have lenses, humors, color filters, and nerves. The left and right eyes focus on various kinds of light. Problems with any major component like the lens or retina can create serious problems for your vision, which may lead to blindness if not treated. While the conventional treatment method isn’t successful in reversing the damage to the tissue, stem cells derived from your tissue such as bone marrow or adipose (fat) cells can be used to generate new corneal epithelial and retinal cells, photoreceptor cells, optic nerves and other muscle cells necessary for more complete vision. Some other advantages of choosing stem cell therapy are as follows:
- Stem cell treatment is a proven method with no side effects.
- Stem cell treatment is minimally invasive.
- This method is way more convenient than any other treatment available on the market.
- There is no long-term hospitalization involved with this treatment.
- The treatment of stem cells is organic in nature and is directly transplanted in proximity to the infected area for rapid results.
At Stem Cell Care India, we know that you have great expectations from us and hence, we maintain complete transparency when it comes to the treatment. To keep our quality at the highest level possible we follow international treatment guidelines related to the treatment as follows:
- To ensure that stem cells are not contaminated, we perform screening for infectious diseases.
- To avoid any harm, multiple checks for gram bacteria are also provided during processing.
- If the media on which stem cells are to be stored or processed is contaminated, it can spread the same on the cells, therefore, even the media is tested for mycoplasma or gram bacteria.
- Every cell batch is also passed under an endotoxin test to ensure its contents are only below the specified limit.
- For further safety, we screen the cells after the final wash for any mutations or aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms.
Related Disorders for Stem Cell Treatment
Stem Cell Treatment for Optic Nerve Atrophy, Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India, Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy Cost in India, Affordable Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India, Low Cost Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India, Price of Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India, stem cell treatment for Optic Nerve Atrophy in Delhi, stem cell treatment for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India, stem cell Hospital for Optic Nerve Atrophy in Delhi, stem cell Hospital for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India