Macular degeneration is a retinal degenerative ailment that causes advanced loss of central vision. The risk of developing macular degeneration upsurges with age. The ailment most often affects individuals in their sixties and seventies. Macular degeneration is the most common reason of vision loss in individuals over the age of fifty. The macula is the central part of the retina accountable for perceiving fine visual detail. Light sensing cells in the macula, identified as photoreceptors, convert light into electrical impulses and then relocate these impulses to the brain through the optic nerve. Central vision loss from macular degeneration happens when photoreceptor cells in the macula degenerate.
Stem cell treatment
The customary treatment methodology is not efficacious in reversing the impairment to the tissue; but with the remarkable progress in the field of stem cells, it is now possible to evoke the normal vision using easy and natural procedure. Stem cells are the naive cells of the body, which are able to segregate into many kinds of cells if directed through appropriate channel. Thus, stem cells isolated from your own tissues such as bone marrow or adipose tissues can be channelized to be corneal cells, photoreceptor cells, optic nerves, muscle cells etc. in the eye to recuperate its normal function back.
Do you Know About Age Related Macular Degeneration?
Any of the causes of Age Induced Macular Degeneration are described below.
Macular Dystrophy/Degeneration is most prevalent in individuals over the age of 50.
Personal history and inheritance – This condition has a hereditary component. Researchers also found a variety of genes that are linked to the disease.
Caucasians had more macular degeneration than other races.
Smoking – Smoking cigarettes or being exposed to smoke significantly increases the risk of macular degeneration.
Obesity – Obesity has been linked to an elevated risk of macular degeneration in research.
Cardiovascular disorder – If you’ve had illnesses that have weakened the heart and vascular system, you’re more likely to develop macular degeneration.
People suffering from Age-Related Macular Degeneration have received the best treatment from Stem Cell Care India, and their outcomes have improved as a result of stem cell treatment. Only stem cell treatment, which aims to regenerate the dead cells, may assist with this condition. Stem Cell Treatment India has the most capable team to successfully treat this medical condition.
Components that cause macular degeneration:
- Age. This illness is basic in individuals more than 50
- Family history and hereditary qualities
- Macular degeneration is all the more regularly observed among the Caucasians
- Cardiovascular infection
Dry macular degeneration side effects for the most part grow bit by bit and without torment. The manifestations may include:
- Visual contortions, for example, straight lines appearing to be bowed
- Reduced focal vision in one or the two eyes
- The requirement for more brilliant light when perusing or doing close work
- Increased trouble adjusting to low light levels, for example, when entering a faintly lit eatery
- Increased fogginess of printed words
- Decreased force or splendor of hues
- Difficulty perceiving faces.
Get Stem Cell Therapy for Age Related Macular Degeneration
The RPE (retinal pigment epithelium) is a multifunctional monolayer at the back of the eye that enables light-sensing photoreceptors to survive and operate. In Age-related Macular Degeneration, the loss of RPE cells causes photoreceptor death and permanent blindness (AMD). RPE cell transplantation is one of the most viable stem cell treatment applications in the field of photoreceptor cell therapy for degeneration, since it is intended to halt or reverse vision loss by preventing the death of photoreceptor cells. Proof-of-concept RPE cell transplantation has long been known to treat retinal degenerative diseases like AMD in animal models and humans using primary RPE cells, though recent research has focused on RPE cells originating from human pluripotent stem cells (hPSC). Early results from clinical trials indicate that transplanting RPE cells extracted from hPSC is safe and can improve vision in AMD patients. Present hPSC-RPE cell processing techniques in clinical trials.
The ability to generate viable cells from several hPSC lines using stable and clinically compliant methods can be used to treat significant numbers of patients with AMD using stem cell derived drugs. The results of transplantation can be increased by exposing RPE cells to a thin porous membrane that enables them to reach further into the retina, as well as by altering the outcome by manipulating immune rejection and inflammatory responses. Under the expert advice of practitioners and researchers, Stem Cell Care India assists you in receiving the best healthcare.
What is the mode of operation of stem cell treatment for age-related macular degeneration?
Prior to the discovery of stem cells, the only treatment option for AMD was a surgical operation. Stem cell technology has changed the procedure, rendering it the only non-surgical method for undoing the damage and stopping AMD progression.
Stem cells are naive cells in the body that have the ability to differentiate into any cell in multiple organs. Medical research has used stem cells’ ability to cure a number of degenerative diseases, including but not limited to AMD. Global research has shown that stem cells are promising candidates for the easy replacement of degenerated or damaged RPE layers with fresh cells, which is believed to discourage or reverse vision loss.
What to Expect from Stem Cell Treatment for Age Related Macular Degeneration?
The slow-developing form of AMD, known as dry AMD, accounts for the vast majority of AMD cases. There are currently no treatment options for dry AMD as of 2020, but some potential new treatments are in the works. The majority of AMD cases are caused by the slow-developing form of AMD known as dry AMD. As of 2020, there are no treatment options available for dry AMD, but some promising potential therapies are in the works.
Stem cell therapy is gaining popularity in all fields of medicine today, including numerous cancer cases and dry AMD. The purpose of stem cell therapy for AMD is to be able to use new stem cells to replace weakened or destroyed retinal cells caused by symptoms.
Stem cell therapy is gaining popularity in all fields of medicine today, including numerous cancer cases and dry AMD. The aim of stem cell treatment for AMD is to be able to replace damaged or destroyed retinal cells with new stem cells to treat AMD symptoms.
Stem cells are also injected into the body’s blood supply through IV infusion. Experts, on the other hand, are concentrating on how stem cells can be transplanted directly into the eyes. One approach is to place the stem cells in a fluid suspension that can be inserted under the retina.
Stem Cell Treatment India is the most efficient and dependable Stem Cell therapy available. Contact Stem Cell Care India if you want to get the right stem cell therapy for Age Related Macular Degeneration.
VIP Treatment to Patients at Stem Cell Care India
- In the VIP recovery room in the advanced facility, the counseling sessions provided to patients at Stem Cell Care India occur.
- 24*7 care of patients is maintained by an effective medical staff.
- Stem Cell Care India recommends that patients stay at the Hospital for a minimum of 3 days.
Stem Cell Care India Treatment Procedure
The Stem Cell Care India offers a very safe and non-invasive treatment protocol and procedure. The patients can travel the next day. The following is the day-wise schedule for the patients.
- Pick up from the Airport to the Hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Admission procedure
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Stem cell Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
- For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
- Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
It’s frightening to envision a life without a clear central goal, but there’s reason to be hopeful. Doctors are also searching at ways to improve patients with this condition, and they’re researching experimental therapies that may one day be used as a therapy. For instance, stem cell development is currently ongoing, with the potential to lead to a cure in the future.
Before these groundbreaking therapies become a reality, it’s important to speak with an experienced doctor who will guide you through current procedures for the type of macular degeneration you have already. We have physicians available to work with you, and our doctors will use cutting-edge procedures to keep your eyes as healthy as possible. Patients’ effects have changed as a result of stem cell therapy provided by Stem Cell Treatment India.
1. Do I need to habitually examine my eyes?
Yes, it is always sensible to check your eyes frequently. Young adults between the age group 20-39 should have their eye checkups after every 3-5 years. Whereas grown-ups between the age group 40-64 should have their eye checkups after every 2-4 years. In case of senior citizens above 65 years of age, ophthalmic visit has to be once a year. Regardless of age groups, some individuals congregated under the category of high risk adults should also visit ophthalmologist once a year such as folks with diabetes, strong family history of glaucoma, persons with AIDS, etc.
2. Will working at a computer screen or sitting close to TV screen harm my eyes?
No, there is not yet any scientific indication that these instruments release rays that can be dangerous to the eyes, however long working hours can be wearisome and hence it is often useful to take episodic breaks, looking off in the distance etc.
3. Sometimes I notice dark patchy spots or floaters particularly on the white surface. Can this be the reason for me to worry?
These are the common eye complications which are signs of retinal or corneal malfunctioning. It is always desirable to visit the doctors as timely as possible.
4. I have slowly found it harder to read without glasses. Why?
The capability to focus the near objects declines with age and is referred to as presbyopia. The condition is recognized as the natural aging of the optic lens. The condition is often unalterable with conventional treatments; however, stem cell treatment for eyes can to some degree reverse the impairment naturally with complete stoppage of more progression.
5. Is my kid likely to inherit some eye problems?
Yes, some of the eye sicknesses such as glaucoma, photophobia etc. are witnessed to be directly connected up with a hereditary abnormality which can either be genetic or mutational. However, some of the common eye issues such as burns, corneal damage, etc. are associated with environmental impairment.
6. Can eyes be transplanted?
No, there are no confirmations presently to transplant the whole eyes, however portion of the eye can be replaced if an apt donor is found via eye stem cell transplant.
7. Can stem cell treatment treat my damage?
Yes, stem cells are the unspoiled cells of the body, which can give rise to several diverse kinds of cells once they get appropriate signaling. In case of eye disorders, these cells have shown amazing improvements by segregating into photoreceptor cells, rods and cones cells of the inner eyes, optic nerve cells, etc.
Implantation Of Stem Cells: The stem cell implantation can be done in the following ways.
- Intravenous administration
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Liberation angioplasty
- Surgical administration for stroke
Every patient gets an outsider authentication (broadly certify lab), for quality, amount of feasibility of cells.
The Staff at Stem Cell Care, India will call you following one month, two months and a half year to see the improvement of the treatment. This encourages us refine our conventions to improve further. You can likewise require some other assistance on the off chance that required.
Age-Related Muscular Degeneration (AMD) is actually a disease that does not show any signs or symptoms at an early stage, which unfortunately makes it hard for people to diagnose themselves and treat it as soon as possible. Annual eye examinations with your eye healthcare provider are the only solution in this case, by its help, you will be able to catch the disease at its earliest stages prior to symptom development, enabling you to start treatments as early as possible. These annual examinations can include the following tests:
- Visual field test: This test screens your eye for its range, blind spots, and sensitivity.
- Dilated eye exam: In this test, eye drops are used to dilate or widen, the pupils. After this dilatation process is complete, a specific lens called an ophthalmoscope is used by the doctor to look inside various areas of your eyes including the back of your eyeball (retina) more clearly.
- Fluorescein angiography: Your doctor puts a yellow dye into your arm called fluorescein. The dye travels through your blood vessels, and then a camera takes pictures that show any leaks under the macula.
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT): Optical coherence tomography isn’t invasive or painful. You simply look into a lens while it helps take pictures of the back of your eye, including the retina and macula which could then be analyzed by doctors to better understand your eye’s condition.
Stem cell therapy for AMD is an effective treatment option for patients with vision loss due to wet or dry age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Additional research is investigating stem cell therapy for people with vision loss due to dry age-related macular degeneration. Stem cell therapy is the use of stem cells to replace dead or damaged cells in the body due to their amazing and next-gen mechanism and organic nature.
Stem cell treatment for dry AMD is most often based on RPE replacement strategies. The RPE cells support the photo receptors and so replacing the damaged ones with healthy ones can alleviate visual functional deficits by restoring lost functionality from the photo receptors. Studies done with AMD patients proved that transplanted cells survive in the host eye and contribute to visual improvement by making it easier for them to see. What’s more, no adverse events or complications such as rejection were observed in any of these patients.
We being one of the leading stem cell clinics in India believe that every patient must get only the safest and comfortable experience while undergoing through the therapy that is not only affordable, but also extremely effective. This is a new era while technology and medical developments are most accessible that it ever was in the past and we would like to keep it that way. We serve both national and international patients with our unmatched and welcoming procedure if stem cell. It is our promise to always stay in reach even after the treatment has been completed to better observe and assist your improvements. We also promise to follow the safest industry procedures and certified international guidelines while also maintaining internal regulations to accompany your experience. Our managers also assure that the experts assigned to you are always the best can professionally handle your situation while aiming for the most positive outcome.
Charles L. Fudge (Texas, US): I am very happy with the treatment. The results are encouraging. I can see a big difference in my vision. The pain was not as bad as I expected. I would definitely recommend it to others.
Sanjay Sharma (Noida, India): I’ve tried stem cell therapy for age-related macular degeneration and it’s safer and faster than conventional treatments. It also has better results. It’s a great alternative for people who want to avoid those unfruitful surgeries.
Rachel Nicholls (Winthorpe, England): The treatment was painless and it was a quick process. After not too much of a wait, the results were apparent. I had heard about the treatment from a friend whose acquaintance recently got it for some other condition. I had my doubts at 1st but Stem Cell Care doctors really helped me a lot. Thanks again team SCCI.
When it comes to AMD, there are two different kinds: – Atrophic and Exudative as further explained below:
- Atrophic or Dry AMD: Majority patients of macular degeneration experience its dry form, where yellow protein deposits called drusen under the retina develop. These deposits thin and thicken the retina. Vision loss in this case tends to be gradual but not complete. Rarely, dry AMD may develop into a wet type.
- Exudative or Wet AMD: It is the more severe form of AMD. It develops when tiny blood vessels under the retina grow and leak fluid and blood. This causes a growth in the macula, which causes your vision to blur.
Stem Cell Therapy is a next-gen organically regenerative method of treatment and due to this property, the prices of stem cell therapy are too high, but, when it comes to India, due to its highly competitive and rapidly growing medical industry, one can fine the treatment for very low costs. While being affordable even for those traveling from around the world, the facilities are maintained to be of international grade. The only elements that could affect the cost of therapy at Stem Cell Care India are:
- Medical Severity of Patients Condition.
- Number of Stem Cells Required for Administration.
- Past or Present Medical Complexities of Patients.
- Height and Weight of the patient.
Therefore, for a clear estimation of price or to ask any other questions from stem cell therapy experts in India, we advise you to register for a free counseling session.
As stem cell therapy is a relatively newer concept in the country, Stem Cell Care India has sought to take charge of the challenges presented by such a seemingly daunting task. The success rate of the stem cell therapy process at Stem Cell Care India is greater than average, which has been shown to be more favorable amongst patients. After conducting an analysis of our past performance records, we were able to accurately determine that patients who visited our clinic for treatment for macular degeneration showed rapid and positive results due to our high-grade international procedures and expert support by specialists.
There are a lot of advantages of choosing stem cell therapy as your ideal solution for AMD. The most significant among those are mentioned below:
- Stem Cell required only a short-term hospitalization and care, post that patient can just go on with their daily life tasks and the therapy will still remain effective.
- This treatment works by manipulating the body’s natural regenerative capabilities and hence, it has no major side effects.
- Stem Cells maintain their neuroprotective and neuro-regenerative for a long time.
- Stem Cells are implanted with the motive of reaching the affected area ASAP and hence, its effectiveness stays as high as possible.
- Stem Cell Therapy is also way more affordable and less-invasive therefore, the patient will feel comparatively less pain and stay more convenient.
At Stem Cell Care India we ensure that we are practicing the most secure and effective methods for stem cell therapy on our patients. The safety and quality control guidelines that we follow in our organization are as follows:
- We do not process stem cells unless they have been tested and proven to be clean of all infectious diseases.
- For optimal safety, stem cells are screened at multiple stages for possible presence dangerous gram bacteria.
- Even the media used in treatment is also sent through a series of tests including gram staining, mycoplasma testing, and contamination screenings to maintain finest quality.
- Endotoxin screening is also a significant step in stem cell testing and one batch cannot be passed until its endotoxin contents are within the set limit.
- For further safety, after the final wash, the stem cell source is tested for aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms.
- To assure and inform patients about the quality of stem cells, every batch of stem cells comes with a certificate of analysis
Age Related Macular Degeneration
Ask Your Query