Retinal detachment is a severe eye disease that occurs when the retina, a light-processing component of tissue at the back of the eye, moves away from the surrounding tissue. It’s also known as disconnected retina by physicians.
If you don’t get care right away, you might lose your vision forever because your retina can’t function properly. Create an appointment with the eye doctor or pay for someone to accompany you to the emergency department.
Do you know about Retinal Detachment?
There’s typically no way to avoid retinal detachment because it’s caused by ageing. When engaging in high-risk events, such as athletics, you can reduce the risk of retinal detachment by wearing safety goggles or other protective eye gear.
If you think you have a retinal detachment, see the eye specialist or go to the emergency department right away. Early therapy may help avoid vision damage that is severe.
It’s also important to get extensive dilated eye tests on a daily basis. A dilated eye test can help the eye doctor spot a minor retinal tear or separation before it causes vision issues.
- Someone can experience retinal detachment.
- If you have an eye injury or trauma (such as something hitting your eye), you should see an eye doctor right away to rule out retinal detachment.
- It’s normal to see a few floaters (small dark spots or squiggly lines) in your vision, but if you notice a lot more floaters than usual, get your eyes checked right away.
An unattached retina causes no discomfort. It will occur without advance notice. many new “floaters” (small flecks or threads in your vision)
A “curtain” or “obscurity” that descends to obscure your view, whether to the sides or in the middle
You may have a detached retina until the retina tears. A detached retina can also be followed by signs including a broken retina. In the case that the retina is torn, a leak will develop in the fluid around your eye, separating the retina from the underlying tissue. A retinal detachment is occurring.
Create an appointment to visit the eye doctor as soon as possible. If the problem can be addressed in the workplace, they can use a laser technique to solve it. The more it detaches, the more serious your surgery will be.
Diagnosis of Retinal Detachment
Retinal detachment can be classified into three distinct categories:
There is retinal vein leakage. This is the most frequently seen variation. A retinal tear triggers it. On the whole, ageing is a big cause of it. This is because when the vitreous gel that covers your eyeball steadily pulls away from the retina, you lose your eyesight. The disease is termed nearsightedness, which is the result of either eye surgery or an injury to the eye, as well as refractive error.
Acceleration-sensitive. This kind of retinal detachment occurs if the retina has been weakened by diabetes, usually when the blood vessels in the back of your eye have been compromised.
[in order to] cause exudation. If there is a buildup of fluid behind the retina, this type exists. As the fluid moves the retina away from the tissue behind it, it allows space for new cells to expand. Many common disorders are caused by leaky blood vessels, such as inflammation, and age-related macular degeneration.
Your doctor will recommend eye drops that dilate (widen) your pupil. To check the retina’s state, they can use a special instrument called a retinal ophthalmoscope. As well as snapping a snapshot of your retina, they will even like to capture your retinas’ blood vessels.
Get Stem Cell Therapy for Retinal Detachment
The pigmented layer of cells present in the retina, called the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE), is bundled between the photoreceptors and the nourishing blood vessels found in the back of the eye. The RPE works hand-in-hand with the photoreceptors in the retina to maintain clear vision. In the development of age-related macular degeneration and sub-types of retinitis pigmentosa, the RPE plays a central role. Progressive deterioration of vision, culminating in blindness, frequently follows these disorders.
How Stem Cell Therapy for Retinal Detachment works?
Stem cells are embryonic cells that can multiply and become more adult. In layman’s words, they are extremely proliferative, which means that there is no upper limit to the amount of mature cells a stem cell source can produce. A strong case can be made on this basis that stem cell transplant therapy is an alternative cure for different pathologies. Progressive depletion of photoreceptor cells and outer nuclear layers cause degenerative retinal disorders, which eventually originates in gradually dim vision. Theoretically, this treatment would make the compromised cells in the diseased retina from which new retinal cells are being produced replace the missing cells. Stem cells may conduct several roles, such as immune modulation, the suppression of apoptosis in neurons, and the release of neurotrophins. Since there has been recent improvement in the use of stem cells in laboratory procedures, phase I/II clinical trials have been given the green light. New findings suggest that this treatment could benefit patients with degenerative retinal disorders such as retinitis pigmentosa, Stargardts’ macular dystrophy, and age-related macular degeneration. The primary aim of this study is to showcase novel techniques of stem cell treatment for degenerative retinal diseases.
What to Expect from Stem Cells Treatment?
It is impossible to determine what to expect from stem cell therapy for retinal detachment, but stem cell treatment is believed to improve vision regeneration and vision efficiency.
Post-surgery, you should foresee some pressure from a detached eye. Any appropriate drugs will be recommended for you by your ophthalmologist, and they will also inform you when you can return to daily activities. For a limited period, you will need to wear an eye mask. The doctor can prescribe that you keep your head in special positions for a period of time to relieve eye gas pressure. Air travel, scuba diving, and some forms of anaesthesia are all curtailed until the gas bubble is out. Reattaching the retina can necessitate a change of glasses.
VIP Treatment to Patients at Stem Cell Care India
- The therapy sessions given to the patients at Stem Cell Care India occur in the VIP treatment room in the advanced clinic.
- 24*7 supervision is maintained on the patients by the efficient medical team.
- Stem Cell Care India highly recommends the patients stay for a minimum of 3 days in Hospital.
- Pick up from the Airport to the Hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Admission procedure
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Stem cell Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
- For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
- Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
The following is the structure that is followed during the implantation stage:
- Intravenous administration
- Liberation angioplasty
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Surgical administration for stroke
It may take several months to see a change in vision, and in several situations, it will never completely recover. Patients with persistent retinal detachment will also restore no vision at all. For less vision returning, the more serious the detachment the longer it has been present. Because of this, it is important to see the ophthalmologist as soon as you first find any problems.
The stem cell/retinal cell integration platform is focused on doing a perfect job of restoring the retinal cells that have been destroyed as a result of retinal degeneration. To replicate the retinal cells as similarly as possible, these cells should be more analogous to the retinal cells. As this form of cell therapy has been attempted before in the treatment of macular degeneration, in which the peripheral retina’s autologous Retinalpigmentepithelium (RPE) cells are transplanted into the submacular space, it still has the ability to yield positive results. However, the insufficient availability of these cells and genetic deficiencies have limited the effectiveness of cell replacement therapy in such patients. The retinal cells that are derived from the stem cells are an infinite supply of stem cells for cell replacement therapy.
Alternatively, the stem cells could be grown in an incubator in vitro. This process of inserting a large number of cells into the subretinal space takes some time and it is performed after the large number of cells have formed. Nevertheless, the daunting challenge of maintaining the cultured cells alive in the artificial atmosphere necessitates continuing maintenance of the setting. Additionally, we will use pluripotent cells found in the skin or other tissues, resulting in a more complex approach. In order to grow the retinal pigment epithelium cells, these stem cells were returned to the embryonic stage and differentiated. Any process of developing and injecting cells into the subretinal space carries with it inherent difficulties. When performing the procedure, most of the cells die, with some cells failing to adhere to the retina and still remaining in the subretinal space. For several of these questions, modern therapies focus on tissue engineering. This RPE cell-retinal cell integration technology assists in achieving the necessary RPE cell integration with the retina.
The retinal condition was treated using the designed microsurgical instrument and the RPE patch engineered to contain a monolayer of human embryonic stem cells. There was an increase in visual acuity in all the patients that received this treatment. The regeneration and longevity of retinal pigment epithelium cells contributed to the change in vision. Immunosuppressive medications were the only form of medication offered. One thing is for sure: With stem cell therapies, patients today have several more treatment opportunities for multiple eye disorders.
Retinitis pigmentosa is a hereditary condition that starts with gradual weakening of the retina and progresses to complete blindness. Currently, no effective treatment options exist for the condition. A substantial number of these studies use primates. This disease is currently in the early stages of progress for stem cell treatment. Stargardt’s maculardystrophy is a disorder in which patients undergo stem cell treatment in order to create a proof-of-concept.
An alternative way to regenerate retinal cells is by using Muller glial cells. There is a retinal healing process, like the one in Zebrafish, in cold-blooded vertebrates. The Muller glial cells function as a reservoir of retinal stem cells to assist with retinal damage repair. However, the Muller glial cells (cells in the brain) are not able to go through the cell cycle and differentiate into retinal cells in mammals. Researchers are undertaking human clinical trials to determine whether stem cells derived from these cells could be used for treatment of the eye.
While the stem cell therapies are in their early stages, great strides have been made in their development, and a number of potential treatments for retinal diseases are in the process of being discovered.
Stem Cell Care India extends the best stem cell treatment with the right tools and equipment along with expert help. You might want to visit a doctor after treatment to be sure that you are healed and feeling better.
What injuries typically cause retinal detachments?
Bottle rockets, BB guns, racquetball, tennis, golf, soccer, boxing, and diving injuries can lead to retinal detachment.
If one eye develops retinal detachment will the other develop it as well?
Detachment is more likely to occur if the other eye has the condition (such as lattice degeneration) associated with retinal detachment in the first eye. If only one eye suffers a serious injury or requires eye surgery then, of course, the chance of detachment in the other eye is not increased by the event.
Can retinal detachment be treated?
Yes. Early diagnosis and proper treatment is recommended to restore your vision. A small tear in the retina can be treated by laser or gas (Pneumatic Retinopexy). These procedures are in-office procedures. For larger detachment, a scleral buckle procedure is recommended. This procedure is done in a surgical center.
At Stem Cell Care India, we strive to provide only the best and most technologically advanced solutions available in the market today. We assign our expert doctors who conduct tailored procedures that are guaranteed to meet each individual patient’s needs in a safe, risk-free environment. For our patients, safety comes above all else and because of this, it is our goal at Stem Cell Care India to give you the necessary support throughout your healing process so you can get the treatment and care you deserve!
In our quest to be one of the premier stem cell firms in India, we have identified the incredible potential for stem cells to cure a variety of diseases. Many companies are currently trying to get into the business of stem cell treatments, but they lack the specialized training and expertise required to provide this service. This is where we come in. Stem Cell Care India is made up of experts who specialize in the growing industry of stem cell treatment. We strive to improve access to quality care, streamline procedures, and offer services at a reasonable cost while training aspirants in a wide range of specialties related to all facets of this rapidly expanding field.
Several studies have looked into the cellular and therapeutic efficacy of MSC-derived factors, cells, and engineered MSCs for the restoration of retinal damage, with positive outcomes. For example, extracellular vesicles derived from human BM-MSCs significantly protected RGCs and prevented retinal nerve fiber layer thinning.
Given this potential benefit in numerous areas, stem cell therapy remains a solid option for the treatment of retinal degeneration. In addition to transplanting stem cells and their derivatives, future therapeutic options can include the combined co-transplantation of two or more types of cells in order to achieve a better clinical effect. Further still, stem cells can be genetically modified to overproduce regenerative factors in order to create superior therapies for treating retinal disorders. As well as that, scaffolds can be used to culture and implant mature or immature stem cells – potentially leading to even greater clinical benefits later on down the line.
Zara Garcia (St Paul, France): I was diagnosed with retinal detachment and my doctor told me that I needed an operation to repair the detached retina. I didn’t want to have surgery, so I started looking for alternative treatments. When I found Stem Cell Treatment I was very excited. It sounded less painful and was less expensive than surgery. I went for it. I got it and I’m happy to report that after just a few months my vision is way better and I can see things clearly. Thank you Stem Cell Care India!
Colette Cousteau (Lugano, Switzerland): My eye doctor recommended a stem cell treatment. I wasn’t able to get the treatment done in my country, so I got on a plane and went to a clinic in India. The stem cell treatment is available to anyone. The cost was much less than it would have cost me in my own country, and the results were amazing. I had my treatment done 10 months ago and I haven’t had any problems with my eyes since then. I can see well than I did before my retinal detachment.
Liv A. Sørensen (Copenhagen, Denmark): I had a retinal detachment and I was really afraid to go through surgery and the recovery time. I found that the stem cell treatments were very effective and less time-consuming due to this fear and I am very happy with the results. I will definitely suggest it to anyone who has the same problem.
There are three different types of retinal detachment: rhegmatogenous, tractional, and exudative. Each type happens because of a different cause that disturbs the retina in some way and causes it to move away from the back of the eye.
- Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment: A rhegmatogenous retinal detachment occurs when a break or tear in your retina causes the gel-like liquid to get behind your retina, which then pushes the retina away from the back of your eye, moving it into a more detached position. This is also one of the most common forms of the disease.
- Tractional retinal detachment: Tractional retinal detachment is often caused by conditions such as diabetic retinopathy, which occurs when your blood vessels in and around the center of your eye become damaged and scarred, leading to retinal detachment. Scar tissues from diabetic retinopathy originate in the bloodstream and eventually get lodged on the retina, where they form an attachment that your retina then has a harder time breaking apart.
- Exudative retinal detachment: Exudative retinal detachment occurs when a little too much fluid is retained behind the retina and there aren’t any tears or breaks in the retina to account for it. When there’s enough surplus of it, it tends to push the retina away from the optic disc and may even cause it to detach.
The causes of this condition can be classified based on their types as follows:
- Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachment- As the vitreous gel inside your eyes shrinks with age, it can pull on the retina and cause it to tear. Other things that can also increase the risk of having retinal detachment apart from being old are eye injuries, surgeries, and being near-sighted.
- Tractional Retinal Detachment: The main cause of tractional retinal detachment is diabetic retinopathy. Other causes include inflammation and tumors in the eye, macular degeneration, and eye surgery.
- Exudative Retinal Detachment: An exudative retinal detachment is normally caused by leaky blood vessels at the back of your eye. Other causes can include injury, trauma, AMD, tumors, infectious diseases, etc.
While the costs of most organically regenerative procedures fall above the average price range for people searching for affordable options, India is a rapidly growing economy with its medical industry being particularly competitive – meaning that traveling to India from around the world is not a large sum financially compared to the cost of various organically regenerative procedures available in developed nations. While traveling to India for those who could not otherwise afford stem cell therapy becomes more of an option of thanks as the treatments here are both affordable and of international grade quality, it’s important to note that complications can easily arise when traveling overseas as one leaves their usual comfort zone and country away from home, therefore Stem Cell Care India experts are always there to guide you on every step starting from the journey to the treatment itself.
The elements that do affect the cost of stem cell therapy are as follows:
- Previous medical history, birth disorders, or any past habits can affect the efficiency and effectiveness of the treatment if not informed in advance to the doctors so they can take necessary measures.
- Number of stem cells required. This requirement can differ based on the severity of the damage, type of condition, and a variety of other factors including how effective stem cells are on certain patients.
- Height and Weight of the patient as this will be used to estimate how strong the physique is or how much difference in the treatment result could be expected to carry out the best possible treatment.
As a result, if you want a precise price estimate or to ask stem cell therapy experts in India any other questions, we recommend that you sign up for a free consultation.
As stem cell therapy is a relatively new concept in the country, Stem Cell Care India has sought to take charge of the challenges presented by such as seemingly daunting task. Patients who’ve been through the process at Stem Cell Care India have expressed greater success than in other centers that do not use advanced technology and outdated methods. Clinics without state-of-the-art equipment are more dangerous than others according to recent studies made by professionals in the industry. Hence it all finally comes down to how good the tech in the faculty is and what is the level of expertise of the professionals working there.
After conducting an analysis of our past performance records, we have determined that patients who visited our clinic for treatment showed rapid and positive results due to our high-grade latest tech. Furthermore, we have a team of expert specialists on hand to provide you with an even higher level of support throughout your journey.
Stem Cell Therapy has a variety of advantages that make it an ideal treatment for Retinal Disenchantment in comparison to other treatment methods:
- Patients who visit a hospital to undergo stem cell therapy typically only need a period of three days for treatment. After this relatively short amount of time, the patient can then resume their normal, everyday tasks without having to worry about finding any side effects or effectiveness issues!
- The treatment is safe because it utilizes the body’s own natural regenerative capabilities to get results.
- Stem cells maintain their neuroprotective and neuro-regenerative properties for a long time.
- Stem Cells are implanted for the sake of accelerating the natural recovery process and to reach damaged tissues as quickly and conveniently as possible, allowing for the optimal treatment results.
Stem cell therapy is not only a less painful and less invasive alternative, it’s also way more affordable. This means patients will get the same or even better results but with no major side effects!
At Stem Cell Care India, we make it a point to ensure that the procedures and regulations surrounding stem cell therapy are always being followed. This is how we strive to be different from our competition. Here is what you can expect from us when getting stem cell therapy at our facility:
- We do not store or process stem cells unless they have been tested and proven to be free of all infectious diseases.
- To be safe, stem cells are examined multiple times for a range of common and dangerous gram bacteria.
- Even the media used in treatment is given a series of tests so that its quality remains unblemished. The different mycoplasma testing and gram screening to make sure that patients don’t come across any complications.
- Endotoxins are toxic, small molecules found in the outer membrane. This screening is also known as endotoxin testing and there are set limits if not within it, batches fail the test.
- For further safety, after the final wash, there is an additional screening for aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms.
- In order to assure and inform our consumers about the quality of stem cells, every batch of stem cells comes with a certificate of analysis.
Stem Cell Treatment for Retinal Detachment
Stem Cell Treatment for Retinal Detachment, Stem Cell Therapy for Retinal Detachment in India, Stem Cell Therapy for Retinal Detachment Cost in India, Affordable Stem Cell Therapy for Retinal Detachment in India, Low Cost Stem Cell Therapy for Retinal Detachment in India, Price of Stem Cell Therapy for Retinal Detachment in India, stem cell treatment for Retinal Detachment in Delhi, stem cell treatment for Retinal Detachment in India, stem cell Hospital for Retinal Detachment in Delhi, stem cell Hospital for Retinal Detachment in India