The sciatic nerve is one of the most critical nerves in our body. It gets its name from being derived from five different roots that come off the spinal cord; it starts at the backside of our lower spine and travels to our feet. In addition to transporting signals between our brain and various parts of our legs, it also has a vital function in relaying information about what we feel on either side of the body to different regions within the brain. Any pain or neurological symptom originating from the sciatic nerve is called sciatica. Typically, these symptoms can be found along the path of this nerve.
Sciatica is caused by irritation, compression, or inflammation of the sciatic nerve in one’s lower back. This can happen because of many different issues within one’s spine. It is a type of radiculopathy – meaning that pain originates from the lumbar or sacral nerve roots.
Sciatic nerve injuries are uncommon, but they are often referred to as anything that hurts when the lower back sends signals down the leg. This can be caused by an injury or something else irritating, inflamed, pinching, or compressing this nerve in your lower back.
If you have sciatica, you may experience pain at different levels of severity. This will happen anywhere along the sciatic nerve’s path- extending from your lower back through your hips, buttocks, and legs. Sciatica may also cause muscle weakness in one or both of your legs, numbness in one or both of your legs, and an unpleasant tingling pins-and-needles sensation in one or both of your legs, feet, or toes. Sciatica usually only affects one leg at a time. However, sciatica can also affect both legs if the nerve gets pinched along the spine.
Pain that can be felt in the buttocks and goes down to the back of one’s thigh caused by pressure on the sciatic nerve is pain that resembles sciatica. This pain might occur anywhere along the nerve pathway as it goes from your lower back to your buttock, coming behind your upper leg and finally reaching your calf.
Pain is often described as an intense feeling of pressure, tightness, or discomfort. Sometimes it can even feel like fire scorching through your veins. It worsens when you cough or sneeze, and sitting for long periods increases the pain. This pain usually happens on just one side of your body but sometimes affects both sides at once. Some people also suffer from numbness, tingling, or muscle weakness in the affected limb. Your pain may differ between parts of your body – such as one spot on your leg being sore while another is just numb to all feeling.
Mild sciatica usually goes away without requiring medical attention. However, if your symptoms do not go away after you’ve tried at-home remedies or the pain persists for a week or more, it is advisable to contact your doctor.
Depending on how long the symptoms last and whether they affect one or both legs, sciatica can come in many forms. These forms are specified as below:
- Acute Sciatica: The nerve pain of this type of sciatica lasts for about 4-8 weeks and is generally mild, therefore could be managed by self-care and does not need any specialized assistance.
- Chronic Sciatica: Under this condition, the pain in the sciatic nerve lasts a little longer than 8 weeks and requires expert medical care. If the severity is high, the patient could also be advised to through stem cell treatment for sciatica in Delhi, India.
- Alternating Sciatica: This type of Sciatica is rare the concerned nerve pain is most commonly the result of the degenerative symptoms in the sacroiliac joint which henceforth affects both the legs alternatively.
- Bilateral sciatica: This is considered the most severe form of sciatic nerve pain and affects both the legs together. This form is also rare and typically comes about as a result of degenerative changes in the discs and bones across multiple points along the spine or by serious conditions such as Cauda Equina Syndrome.
The sciatic nerve pain concerned with sciatica is very high and hence it is known as a very severe condition. There can be a number of causes that could result in sciatica. Some of those are mentioned below:
- Herniated or Slipped Disk: This is the most common cause of sciatica. Disks are the cushioning pads between each vertebra of the spine. Pressure from vertebrae can cause the gel-like center of a disk to bulge (herniate) through a weakness in its outer wall. When this happens in your lower back, it might press onto your sciatic nerve – which would then be likely to send pain signals throughout one side of your body, typically ever far below your knee.
- Degenerative Disk Disease: This condition is the natural wear down of the disks between vertebrae of the spine. As this happens, these worn-down discs grow shorter and closer together – causing severe pain along the sciatic nerve when it leaves through this narrow passage.
- Spinal Stenosis: Spinal stenosis is the abnormal narrowing of the spinal canal. This condition causes compression on the spine and nerves, reducing available space for them.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a bodily condition where one of the vertebrae becomes displaced from its appropriate position and pinches or presses against the sciatic nerve.
- Osteoarthritis: Bone spurs can form from age and cause pressure on the spinal cord when they grow outwards.
- Trauma Injury: Such injury to the lumbar spine or sciatic nerve could also cause Sciatica.
- Tumors: Tumors in the lumbar spine may cause compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Piriformis Syndrome: This is a rare muscular disorder that occurs when the piriformis muscle (a small muscle in the butt) becomes too tight or spasms. When this happens, it often puts pressure on and irritates the sciatic nerve.
- Cauda Equina Syndrome: It is a rare, yet serious condition that affects the bundle of nerves at the end of the spinal cord called the cauda equina. Causing pain down one’s leg, numbness around one’s lower-rear area, and loss of bowel and bladder control, this syndrome can lead to permanent disability if left untreated.
During your physical exam, the doctor will measure your muscle strength and reflexes. You may be asked to walk on your toes or heels, rise from a squatting position and, while lying on your back, lift your legs one at a time. If you experience pain as a result of Sciatica, this discomfort will increase when undergoing these tests.
You may need to undergo certain medical screenings depending on what your physician finds during your examination. For example, you may require an MRI or X-Ray which would give more information on your condition:
- X-ray: An X-ray of your spine may show an overgrowth of bone (a spur) that may be pressing on a nerve.
- MRI: This procedure makes use of a powerful magnet and radio waves to generate cross-sectional pictures of your spine. An MRI scans for intricate details about the health of bones and other soft tissues such as herniated disks. During this process, you lay flat on a table that rolls into the MRI machine while it performs tests.
- CT Scan: When a computerized tomography (CT) is used to image the spine, you may have a contrast dye injected into your spinal canal before the X-rays are taken – a procedure called a CT myelogram. The dye then circulates around your spinal cord and spinal nerves, appearing white on the scan.
- Electromyography (EMG): This exam tests the electrical impulses produced by your nerves and muscle contractions. It will tell us if you have any nerve compression caused in one of your vertebrae, or if there is an increased thickness around the entrance to your spine (a condition called spinal stenosis).
Sciatica or Sciatic Nerve Damage is in no way a permanent condition and could be cured at Stem Cell Care India using stem cell therapy for Sciatica in Delhi, India. Sciatica can be quite damaging when it comes to your well-being. This injury is usually related to the spine – which is primarily responsible for movement and function. It is for this reason if you’re experiencing any symptoms of sciatica, it’s time to find the best stem cell clinic for the same. Sciatic nerve injury can lead to permanent nerve damage if it continues untreated for too long.
Stem cells are the body’s ‘master’ cells, able to change into virtually any other kind of cell within. Mesenchymal cells (adult) are more widely used for treating chronic pain than embryonic ones – they can become anything else; cartilage, bone, fat adipose cells, or even nerve cells. Mesenchymal cells are introduced to the injured area where they can eventually grow and regenerate tissue.
Stem cell transplantation has shown promise in being a potential treatment option for those who have suffered from serious peripheral nerve injuries, due to the fact that stem cells are capable of limiting the amount of neuronal damage done.
Treatments at Stem Cell Care India typically last three days and are generally safe and non-invasive. Patients can usually leave the country immediately after treatment. Mentioned below is further information on the schedule of procedures involved in our stem cell treatment for Sciatica in Delhi, India:
- For the convenience of the patients, they would be picked up right at the airport.
- The patient and doctor will meet to go through the patient’s treatment plan.
- The admissions process will be handled.
- Clinical examinations and laboratory testing are performed in accordance with the doctor’s orders.
- To enhance the therapeutic results, supportive therapies will be offered.
- The patient will receive stem cell therapy.
- To enhance the therapeutic results, applicable supportive therapies will be offered.
- Offering physical therapy in conjunction with stem cell therapy.
- To enhance the therapeutic results, suitable supportive therapies will be offered.
- Offering physical therapy in conjunction with stem cell therapy.
- The formalities for discharge will be finished.
- The patient will be dropped off at the airport.
There are various methods by which stem cells can be implanted. Below are some of them:
- Intravenous Administration: Intravenous administration avoids the first-pass effect and sends drugs directly into the body’s system, leading to an immediate experience of stem cell effects.
- Intrathecal (lumbar Puncture): A lumbar puncture is a procedure when using an x-ray needle, the doctor would inject cells into the body.
- Intramuscular: Also called IMs, Intramuscular injections are administered by injecting substances such as drugs into the muscle itself.
- Intra-arterial: Intra-arterial administration of drugs into the carotid or vertebral arteries significantly boosts drug efficacy.
- Subcutaneous: When utilizing this injection technique, it is necessary to utilize a small needle so as to penetrate the tissue layer between skin and muscle for an optimal dose.
Apart from the other mentioned methods, there are also a few others that may be used depending on the situation. These cases can include angioplasty or surgery administration by doctors.
What are the benefits of stem cell therapy for sciatica?
- Stem cell therapy will eliminate your need for surgery to relieve sciatic nerve compression, and you’ll only need little downtime for recovery.
What are the possibilities of using stem cells to cure nerve injury?
- Stem cell treatment for nerve damage shows great promise, and it offers significant benefits over other types of treatments such as surgery. Evidence has shown that this type of therapy could reduce the total damage to peripheral nerves while also restoring tissue regeneration.
Does stem cell surgery really work?
- Stem cell therapy is one of the most revolutionary advancements in modern medicine. This experimental treatment uses your body’s natural healing ability to promote recovery through regenerating cells, which can lead to faster relief from pain and quicker recuperation time after surgery.
What are the requirements for potential candidates of stem cell therapy?
- Any condition involving tissue degeneration could potentially qualify for stem cell therapy, including Parkinson’s disease, spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, heart disease, Type 1 diabetes, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and liver diseases.
How painful are stem cell injections?
- Most injections of stem cells are no more discomforting than any other typical joint or soft tissue injection. Injections into a spinal disc can be unpleasant and are typically done under sedation.
How quickly do stem cells work?
- Under optimal circumstances, stem cell therapy for sciatica will result in significant improvements within just two to twelve weeks’ time with continued pain relief occurring up to a year later or more.
Stem cells are the source of all other cells in our bodies, and they play a huge role in promoting longevity by repairing the damage done to healthy cells. One benefit of using this treatment is its flexibility; stem cells can be harvested from umbilical cords or even adult tissue – unlike embryonic stem cells which need to be extracted during the process of trying to combine an egg with sperm outside the body, making it less time-consuming (and ethical).
Several promising improvements have been found in people suffering from sciatic pain after undergoing treatment with stem cells in Delhi, India. One such improvement is significant- it shows signs that the stem cells are able to work more efficiently and provide relief for the patient. The changes observed by us in patients post stem cell therapy for sciatica in Delhi, India are as follows:
- Better and pain-free movements.
- Relief from the severe pain.
- Halting the progression of symptoms.
- Enhanced body functions and response.
- Improvements in strength and flexibility.
- Overall betterment of patient’s life.
Stem Cell Care India offers the most innovative stem cell treatments for multiple diseases in India. Mesenchymal Stem Cells are implanted directly into your spine where they work to regenerate damaged areas by turning them back into healthy bone cells. Our unique treatment options require stem cell injections in therapeutic quantity i.e. once or twice in whole life instead of the conventional multiple injections per day while still achieving amazing results!
These stem cells are especially effective in treating patients with sciatica because they offer therapeutic cartilage regeneration. These isolated and enhanced MSC cells can differentiate into chondrocyte cells which would then allow them to repair localized areas of damage, help support new growth and promote pro-inflammatory cytokines while enhancing the body’s natural immunomodulatory functions.
Science has been able to harness the power of stem cells as a viable alternative in order to solve nerve damage problems without having to resort to surgeries. Stem Cell Care India provides patients with advanced treatments for problems such as sciatica or other chronic degenerative disc diseases.
Our stem-cell injection for sciatica is much safer than invasive surgery and aims to target the source of the problem while healing it from the inside out. This treatment includes an intricate multi-step process where stem cells are injected into a diseased area, aiming to regenerate a disc that has been damaged.
Stem cell therapy has been in the market for years now, but is only recently becoming popular due to recent studies confirming its effectiveness and safety. However, there are still concerns about being able to properly process these stem cells inside a patient’s body without getting any undesirable side effects or organisms present. At Stem Cell Care India, we have skilled doctors who’ve been hand-picked from all over the country and trained specifically to minimize any chance of problems occurring during this procedure while also maximizing its effectiveness.
As leading providers of Stem Cell Therapy for Sciatica in Delhi, India, we guarantee the quality of our cells through careful processing and inspection. Our Quality Control measures ensure that each batch complies with stringent guidelines so that only fully compatible stem cells are administered to patients.
We recognize that stem cells hold great potential and can be used to treat a variety of illnesses. We do everything in our power to make sure that this potential is maximized. In addition, we work hard to provide dream-like treatments at affordable rates while providing helpful guidance throughout the entire process.
When it comes to receiving medical assistance, the most important thing is being comfortable and secure. So if you’re worried about how we might do things differently, we encourage you not to worry because we will always discuss what works best for you beforehand so that you can be confident and aware of all measures taken. Whether our goal is treating a sciatic nerve injury or Degenerative Disk Disease – our staff desires nothing more than to make sure that every step of the way is tailored for our patient’s betterment.
As it currently stands in most Western nations, the cost of regenerative treatments can exceed what many people are capable of paying. Fortunately, India has emerged as a prime destination for people who need affordable healthcare services. With its medical industry and a highly competitive market – traveling to India for treatment not only proves cheaper than similar procedures but also allows patients access to higher quality care. Multiple times these advanced practices have been proven equal to or better than those carried out elsewhere.
Traveling to India for stem cell therapy has become increasingly common, but it is important not to overlook the potential difficulties which can arise when visiting another country such as adjusting to new cultures and customs or dealing with other changes. Our experience working with clients around the world is what makes us unique. By providing you additional services like coordinating accommodations, transportation, guides, etc., we ensure that getting treated here in India will be a seamless process.
There are some factors that contribute to the price of stem cell treatment for Sciatica in Delhi, India at Stem Cell Care India. These are mentioned as follows:
- The patient’s condition’s severity.
- Their prior medical history.
- The number of stem cells necessary.
- The patient’s age and weight.
Aspiring for the position of the leading stem cell provider in India, we have improved and secured our treatments to a great extent and are confident in our capabilities to achieve high success rates. Our treatments have also been said to be the ones that can bring in a new light of hope in the lives of the patients. We are up to date with the latest stem cell findings and believe in continuous improvements so that patients don’t have to worry about anything. We have grown to this extent with help of the reliability and trust of our past patients who spread the good word for us. While measuring our success rates, we also compared them with those of many other clinics and found a big gap. This was the result of not only advanced technology but also precise administrations performed by our skilled doctors.
A recent study in the field also shows that the clinics that are still using the obsolete technology for the administration of the stem cells are very likely to have multiple issues pertaining to the procedure and these issues can also result in harmful effects on the patients. Hence, it is advised for all patients to choose the stem cell clinic for sciatica in Delhi, India with great care and assure that they are well aware of recent developments in the field while also having access to the latest tech. This research was concluded only after observing various aspects of a number of stem cell clinics such as technology participation in their facilities, their quality of staff, their skills, and their treatment results.
Additionally, if you have any questions, problems, or need any information related to our facility or treatments, make sure to reach us.
Sciatica is no longer treated using age-old painful and surgical methods. With the introduction of the modern and the next-gen approaches such as stem cell therapy, the patients now don’t have to worry about any pain or have to go through surgical procedures. These methods are minimally invasive and focus on the manipulation of the body’s natural regenerative response while also providing for the missing cells promptly. These treatments are carried out by using advanced technology and have been proven to be free of any side effects, with a number of clinics and medical experts trusting and using them to provide patients with a new way to live around the globe.
A few more advantages of the stem cells for treating the Sciatic Nerve Injury are as follows:
- The treatment procedure is carried out in 3-days which allows for patients to get back to their normal lifestyle as soon as possible.
- This treatment doesn’t mess with the body’s natural working and hence no side effects are seen in response from the body.
- The effects of the treatment have been proven to last for a long term, while the protective and regenerative effects in the affected area could themselves stretch for over a year.
- Stem cells are injected into the infected area or in its close proximity so that they do not lose their effect and start their regenerative action as soon as possible.
- Stem Cell Treatments are both affordable and efficient if taken from the Stem Cell Care India as we want every patient in need to be able to access them.
Due to its recent developments, the medical sector of India is in a new light and therefore now there are treatments available here for almost any condition. Regenerative therapies are also one of the major parts of this development, among which stem cell therapy itself is popularizing at a very rapid pace. As a result, it becomes very important to make sure that the patients are not surprised by these developments and their claims. Hence, keep their calm while choosing the best route for the treatment of their own condition.
Patients must always assure that the stem cell clinic in India they are choosing for the assistance with Sciatica has the relevant safety measures set in place and follows the expert guidelines of the international associations. Stem Cell Care India is one such stem cell clinic for Sciatica that takes pride in its quality control measure and have taken an oath to provide as secure treatments to patients as possible. To know more about our quality control measure, read the major points stated below:
- To avoid contamination, we check every batch of the stem cells in advance before processing.
- Our stem cells are tested to be free from any gram bacteria and the media used during processing, storage or administration is also gram-bacteria safe.
- We also make sure that the endotoxin levels in our stem cell batches do not cross the specified limit.
- For additional safety, our cells are also checked for any mutations or the presence of any other unwanted microorganisms.
- When these tests are complete and the stem cells reach the patients, they are accompanied by a “Certificate of Analysis” which certifies the safety of stem cells.
There are a number of other medications and supportive care methods available to assist the patients suffering from Sciatica, but these methods are all relied on either harmful drugs/surgeries or are not very effective. This is the reason why the patients suffering from Sciatica are recommended to go with stem cell therapy that is not only safe but also very effective. The results of this treatment modality in our stem cell clinic, Stem Cell Care India have proven this claim and given a life of comfort to a number of patients.
Stem cells have the capability to transform into any of the cells in the body and therefore could replace the malfunctioning, affected, or diseased cells, retrieving the body’s functions. Stem Cells have also been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects which means they can reduce the inflammation present in the infected area. Additionally, if the patient has any other related or non-related issue near the administered area, the stem cells will even spread their effects to that, curing it for the best.
Many researchers across the world believe Stem Cell Therapy for Sciatica to be the most effective treatment available. They say that stem cells are capable of reducing the time taken for the cure, they can increase the speed of recuperation and even the amount of regeneration by showing the positive effects across the administered area. Research further shows that there are many opportunities for stem cell therapy in patients with Sciatica in India.
Werner Crawford (Alpharetta, Georgia): I am very thankful to Stem Cell Care India for proving me with the treatment for sciatica. I really don’t have any idea about what treatment I would otherwise have chosen, as my research showed that all others were not very effective. I am also thankful to all your staff for taking great care of me while I was at the clinic. They were very polite and I overall had a wonderful experience. I sure would recommend you to any patient suffering from Sciatica out there.
Isabella Hale (Drancy, France): The treatment of stem cells has provided me great relief, and here I was thinking what if I suffered from any side effects or took the wrong treatment. Even at first, I was skeptical about stem cell treatments because other clinics have very high claims regarding it, but didn’t explain the process itself very well. When I reached out to Stem Cell Care India on the advice of an old friend, the treatment was explained to me and I got some confidence. My pain is a lot less now and I am very satisfied with the treatment results.
Satyam Kaushik (Indore, India): Stem Cell Treatment is really amazing and helped me wonderfully. All my pain is gone and I feel way better than before. My thanks go to the SCCI team as they guided me neatly and also assured me of the safety of the injection. Their hospitality is also very good and I am very happy I choose to go there.
The quality of our treatment and standard of procedures are certified and maintained with the guidelines of the below-mentioned organizations in consideration:
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare (NABH)
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Good manufacturing practice (GMP)
If a patient is administered with the stem cells, we will make sure to keep up with the regular follow-ups. These follow-ups help us to assure that the patient is receiving the expected benefits from the treatment and that the stem cells used for the administration are not attacking the patient’s cells (also known as graft-versus-host disease), which is a very rare condition as we administer only the most compatible cells to the patients.
We usually follow up with our patients one month, two months, and six months after the treatments. During this treatment, patients can also ask us for any advice or clear up the queries they may have. Follow-ups are also a useful source for us for collecting the patient’s suggestions and recommendations pertaining to the treatment. These responses are then analyzed and are used for improving the experience of the future patients.
Related Disorders for Stem Cell Treatment
A patient must understand that stem cell therapy is an experimental therapy that may fail to work at certain times, before undergoing this treatment procedure. Depending on the patient’s health condition a patient might be refused treatment or the proposed protocol might change at the time of procedure.
At Stem Cell Care India, our primary goal is to provide the best technology available; safety of which has been proven across the world.
As with any medical treatment, we make no guarantees or claims of cures are made as to the extent of the response to treatment. However, the results may vary from patient to patient, even with a similar diagnosis, as the body’s internal status is unique to each individual patient. Due to this fact, we cannot provide, infer or suggest that there is any certainty of a given outcome. Additionally, we do not use embryonic or fetal cells in any of our treatment process.