Degenerative disc disease (DDD) is an age-related medical condition where there is degeneration and sometimes a loss of function for one or more discs in the spine. This typically occurs when proteins are lost from fluid inside the disks and this leads to less pressure due to a reduced amount of liquid. When pressure is applied, the discs are pushed downwards and become compressed.
As this happens, the annulus fibrosis becomes weaker and wears down over time. This leads to a change in height between vertebrae, which can lead to the faulty alignment of two different spinal areas – such as with facet joints. Over time this can lead to arthritis, scoliosis (curvature), cervical hyperlordosis (too much arching), thoracic hyperkyphosis (too much rounding), lumbar hyperlordosis (too much arching), or narrowing of space for spinal tracts inside the spine (spinal stenosis).
DDD can cause mild to severe pain, either acute or chronic, near the involved disc, as well as neuropathic pain if an adjacent spinal nerve root is affected. Diagnosis is suspected when common symptoms and physical findings are present, and confirmed by x-rays of the vertebral column. Occasionally, doctors will make diagnoses without imaging evidence – such cases being incidental discovery during cervical X-rays, chest X-rays, or abdominal X-rays.
The human spine is usually divided into three regions; the cervical spine (the region in your neck), the thoracic spine (the region in your chest), and the lumbar spine (the section in your lower back). Your spinal column or backbone consists of bones, called vertebrae, which are separated by spongy discs.
All vertebrae are made of bone and provide stability for the spine. The discs are shock absorbers between each vertebra that help to maintain flexibility in an upright position. Discs contain no calcium so they can’t be seen when examined with x-rays, but MRI scans will show disc deterioration as there is a lack of water content when dehydration occurs.
The disc in between the vertebrae is smooth and hard on the outer layer, but soft and squishy on the inside. The softness of this disk allows it to be able to squash when there is too much pressure put onto it – keeping stress off of joints and bones. As people grow older, they begin to experience less jelly-like padding material in this area because it dries up.
Degenerative Disk Disease could be classified into 3 types based on the part of spine affected by condition. The info about the types of DDD a patient is suffering from helps our experts at Stem Cell Care India to better customize the stem cell therapy for degenerative disk disease in Delhi, India as per patient’s needs:
- Cervical Disc Disease: Cervical degenerative disc disease is a common cause of neck pain and radiating arm pain. This condition occurs when one or more cushioning discs in the cervical spine breaks down due to wear and tear. Cervical degenerative disc disease can be diagnosed if the damaged disc begins to create symptoms.
- Thoracic Disc Disease: Thoracic degenerative disc disease refers to the deterioration of shock-absorbing intervertebral discs found at the base of the spine. It is often seen in middle-aged individuals or those with active lifestyles that cause excessive pressure on these points.
- Lumbar Disc Disease: A lumbar disk may rupture when pressure is applied to it and it pushes through a narrow space between the bones. This ruptured disk will cause a person to experience lower back pain and leg pain as well as weakness in these parts which becomes worse with movement or physical activity.
Your spine consists of many bone discs that act as shock absorbers. They can change over time and then cause degenerative disc diseases due to:
- Drying out: When we’re first born, our spines are composed mostly of water. The disks in our spine lose water and shrink with age becoming flattered, which makes it difficult for them to absorb shocks without damaging the rest of your spine.
- Crack: Everyday movements, even the slightest ones, can eventually tear at our body’s protective layer- the meniscus. When these tears are near our nerves it becomes agonizingly painful. The pain worsens when the meniscus’ soft core pushes through any gaps it may find in an unhealthy disk and slips out of place. If this happens to many disks consecutively – such as slipping between vertebrae – they could compress nerves in that region and cause numbness or muscle spasms depending on where they are located.
It can be difficult to diagnose degenerative disc disease (DDD) because it develops over time and has many other complications such as spinal stenosis, herniated discs, etc. For instance, a doctor might be able to quickly diagnose you with a herniated disc. But it’s harder for them to diagnose that it’s actually caused by degenerative disc disease – because there are other causes for this too. As your spine expert works toward a diagnosis, they will inquire about your present symptoms, previous treatments, and their success.
Some of the typical diagnosis tests to assure the condition before recommending stem cell therapy for degenerative disk disease in Delhi, India is as follows:
- Physical and Neurological Examinations: Physical and neurological evaluations will also be performed by your spine doctor. They will evaluate your posture, range of motion, and physical condition throughout the physical exam, noting any movement that gives you pain. They will also assess your reflexes, muscular strength, other nerve alterations, and pain spread during the neurological exam.
- Spinal Imaging: Imaging tests may be required to diagnose DDD. An x-ray may be taken, which will allow your surgeon to “see” the bones in your spine. Your surgeon may also request a computed tomography (CT) scan or a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan (MRI). These tests are more efficient than x-rays in revealing soft tissues in your spine and can aid in the diagnosis of abnormalities such as a bulging or ruptured disc. If your surgeon suspects nerve injury as a result of degenerative changes in your spine, he or she may order an electromyography (EMG) to determine how rapidly your nerves respond.
Stem Cell Care India provides advanced Stem Cell Therapy for degenerative disk disease in Delhi, India. The Cellular approach is unique because it employs higher levels of mesenchymal stem cells – which can differentiate into the chondrogenic lineage. These cells are especially helpful to those suffering from DDD, as they are able to regenerate cartilage tissue needed for treating joint disease in a patient’s spine. MSCs have been shown to regulate inflammation, change the body’s immune response and stimulate new growth within an area affected by disease or injury.
Stem cells offer an effective alternative to back surgery when it comes to spinal disc injury. Through enhanced stem cell injections, we can help manage the pain as well as heal and restore nerve sensation in cases of chronic degenerative diseases such as DDD. Best of all, our treatments are much safer than invasive surgeries which seek to cure the symptoms rather than treating the condition itself.
Treatments at Stem Cell Care India last three days and are generally safe and non-invasive. Patients can usually leave the country immediately after treatment but need to know about this timeline:
- Patients would be picked up directly from the airport for their comfort.
- The doctor and patient will meet to discuss the treatment plan for the patient.
- Admission formalities will be taken care of.
- Clinical examinations and lab tests are carried out according to what the physician prescribes.
- Relevant Supportive Therapies will be provided to boost the effects of the treatment.
- Stem cells will be administrated in the patient’s body.
- Relevant Supportive Therapies will be provided to boost the effects of the treatment.
- Providing Physiotherapy to support stem cell therapy.
- Relevant Supportive Therapies will be provided to boost the effects of the treatment.
- Providing Physiotherapy to support stem cell therapy.
- Discharge formalities will be completed.
- Patient will be dropped off at the airport.
There are many ways in which stem cells can be implanted. Below are some of them:
- Intravenous Administration: Intravenous administration bypasses the first-pass effect and leads to the immediate entry of drugs into the body’s system. As a result, you feel their effects promptly.
- Intrathecal (lumbar Puncture): A lumbar puncture is a process where an x-ray needle will guide its way through your spine and cells will be injected directly into the cavity. Sometimes, they’ll remove the fluid that surrounds your brain too and take a look at it under a microscope.
- Intramuscular: Also known as IMs, Intramuscular injections involve injecting substances into the tissue surrounding muscles.
- Intra-arterial: Intra-arterial (IA) administration of drugs into the carotid or vertebral arteries increases treatment effectiveness.
- Subcutaneous: When using this injection method, it is best to use a small needle in order to penetrate the tissue layer between skin and muscle for an optimal dose.
Apart from these mentioned methods, there are also a few other methods that may be chosen depending on the circumstances. Such cases can include liberation angioplasty and surgical administration as recommended by doctors.
Is there a cure for degenerative disc disease?
- A new treatment has been developed called intradiscal mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) transplantation, or intradiscal stem cell injections that have been shown to be both safe and effective in treating the degenerative disc disease leading to lower back pain.
What is the duration of Stem Cell Therapy for back pain?
- Stem cell injections are intended to repair and strengthen injured tissue. As a result, pain alleviation begins about two to three months after the full treatment program is finished and continues to improve for about a year.
Can stem cells heal the spine?
- There is no therapy available that reverses the injury-induced loss of function to the point where an independent existence is possible. Stem cell transplantation aids in spinal cord healing. Self-renewal and the potential to become any cell in an organism distinguish stem cells.
How uncomfortable are stem cell injections?
- Injections of stem cells into most bodily areas are no more painful than any other joint or soft tissue injection. Injections into a spinal disc are more painful and are usually performed under anesthesia.
How long does a stem cell injection take to work?
- It may take 6-8 weeks for the full benefit of the therapy to be felt. Stem cell injection treatment has several applications that are still being investigated, with more and more favorable outcomes occurring on a daily basis. It is regarded as incredibly safe, and the number of individuals who benefit from it is increasing.
Where are the stem cells injected?
- After harvesting the stem cells, they are centrifuged to separate the cells, which are subsequently injected into the treatment region of the back, knee, shoulder, hip, or other afflicted joints.
How should you get ready for a stem cell injection?
- Take no anti-inflammatory medication for seven days before your injection. Avoid using Aspirin, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, or Naprosyn. Before the operation, inform your doctor if you are using any blood thinners. Drink 64 ounces of water every day for 1-2 days before the surgery.
Stem cells are the master cells of the human body and they play a big role in promoting longevity by replacing damaged cells with new ones. One of the many benefits of stem cell therapy is that it’s flexible, meaning that stem cells can be harvested from even umbilical cord blood so there will be no shortage of them, as opposed to embryonic stem cells that need to be obtained while trying to fertilize an egg outside the body. They also do not go against the ethical standards and therefore completely bypass questions such as what type of potential embryos are worth protecting.
A number of promising improvements can be seen in patients who have undergone the Stem Cell Treatment for Degenerative Disk Disease in Delhi, India. One such improvement is significant- it provides signs that stem cells may be able to work more efficiently and relieve the patient of the symptoms. In recent patients at Stem Cell Care India, we observed the following major improvements:
- Better and pain-free movements.
- Relief from the severe pain.
- Halting the progression of symptoms.
- Enhanced body functions and response.
- Overall betterment of patient’s life.
Stem Cell Care India has the most innovative stem cell treatments for Degenerative Disk Disease and other diseases in Delhi, India. We use Mesenchymal Stem Cells which are an unconventional treatment option because they can turn into cartilage cells; another amazing part about these cells is that they only need to be injected at therapeutic levels (once or twice in general) instead of multiple injections per day.
These lineage of cells are especially effective in treating patients with DDD because they offer therapeutic cartilage regeneration. These isolated and enhanced MSC cells can differentiate into chondrocyte cells which would then allow them to modulate the local areas of damage, help support new growth and promote pro-inflammatory cytokines while enhancing the body’s natural immunomodulatory functions.
Stem cells offer an effective alternative to back surgery as a solution for healing and restoring nerve sensation. The Regeneration Center offers the most advanced treatment for sports-related injuries and chronic degenerative disc disease.
Our stem cell injection for Degenerative Disk Disease is much safer than invasive surgery and aims to treat the source of the problem while reversing the condition. This treatment includes an intricate multi-step process where stem cells are injected into your spine, targeting and regenerating a disc that has been damaged.
Stem cell therapy has been in the market from decades but recently, it is gaining much popularity as the latest researches conclude by highlighting their potential and safety. But there is still one concern and that is of the skills to process and administer the stem cells in the patient’s body so as they are most effective and do not contain any unwanted organisms. At Stem Cell Care India, we have skilled staff that has been handpicked from around the country and trained to assure the most optimum results in the procedure.
Being a Stem Cell Therapy Provider for Degenerative Disk Disease and many other orthopedic problems in Delhi, India, we for sure could not neglect the quality of cells and therefore during the processing of batches, our staff follow the quality control measure set to maintain this aspect of our facility and assure that the provided stem cells are most compatible with the patient’s body.
We recognize that stem cells hold great potential and can be used to treat a variety of illnesses, so we do everything in our power to maximize this potential. In addition, we work hard to provide dream-like treatments at affordable rates while offering helpful guidance throughout the entire process.
When it comes to receiving medical assistance, the most important thing is feeling comfortable and secure. So if you are concerned about how we might do things differently, we advise you to not worry as we will always discuss what will work best for you beforehand so that you can be reassured of all measures taken. Whether you are seeking treatment for an old sports injury or suffering from Degenerative Disk Disease, our staff wants nothing more than to make sure that every step of the way is curated for your betterment.
As it stands in most Western countries, the cost of regenerative treatments can exceed what many people are capable of paying. Luckily, India has emerged as a central destination for people who need affordable healthcare services. With its booming economy and a highly competitive medical industry – traveling to India for treatment not only comes out being cheaper than similar regenerative treatments found elsewhere but also allows them access to higher quality care. Multiple times, these advanced procedures were proven to be equally if not better than procedures performed in Western Countries.
Traveling to India for stem cell therapy has become increasingly common; however, we cannot forget about the potential complications that may arise during this process like accommodation arrangements, transportation issues, searching for a guide, etc. For this reason, we would like to introduce you to the experts at Stem Cell Care India who will guide you every step of the way – from planning a trip abroad all the way until post-treatment recovery.
These are factors that affect the price of stem cell therapy for Degenerative Disk Disease in Delhi, India at Stem Cell Care India:
- Severity of the patient’s conditions.
- Their Previous medical history.
- Number of stem cells required.
- Age and Weight of the patient.
As the leading stem cell clinic for Degenerative Disk Diseases in India, we have achieved especially high success rates and our treatments overall have shown a new light in the lives of the patients. As stem cell therapy is a relatively new field in this country, it has been challenging for us at Stem Cell Care India to address the various obstacles presented, yet, through continuous improvements and research we have reached to a new level of success. Patients who’ve undergone our process have had greater success than those we treat elsewhere because they haven’t utilized advanced technologies or outdated treatments which might otherwise be available.
A recent study conducted by experts in the field found that clinics with out of date equipment are unsafe for patients and these need to keep up-to-date with modern essentials. After studying many areas of such clinics including technology participation in their facilities, their quality of staff, their skills, and their treatment results they came to this conclusion. Hence, we keep up with the latest findings in the field and have the most advanced and up-to-date technology.
After researching our past patient records, we have determined that those who visit our clinic to receive treatments utilizing the most advanced technology will see rapid and positive progress. Additionally, there are highly skilled professionals on staff available for any other questions or concerns during your treatment process.
Orthopedic conditions are no longer treated with traditional treatment methods, as there are so many new approaches that are used as alternative medicine or in association with more conventional types of treatments depending on the patient’s specific needs. Alternative treatments often use revolutionary sciences and leading-edge technologies such as stem cell therapy. It would be a great benefit to have our patients able to access these innovative medical techniques for the different orthopedic conditions that exist today because it would mean we would have efficient and effective remedies at our disposal without having to worry about the possible side effects as these work without interfering with body’s organic working.
Stem cells are advantageous for treating degenerative disk disease because they offer the below-mentioned benefits when compared to other treatment options:
- Patients can typically leave the hospital after just three days of stem cell therapy for degenerative disk disease in Delhi, India.
- Patients don’t have to worry about any side effects as treatment uses the body’s regenerative abilities for optimum results.
- Stem cells are known to hold onto their protective and regenerative properties for a long period of time after implantation.
- Stem cells are injected for accelerating the natural recovery process and reaching damaged tissue as quickly and conveniently as possible so that patients experience optimal improvements.
- Stem cell therapy is not only an efficient and cost-effective solution but it is also both painless and minimally invasive.
As the second most populated country in the world, India is home to a variety of cell therapy resources for patients looking for holistic treatments for Degenerative Disk Diseases. Due to varying factors such as cost and company history, it is important that you ask questions to ensure you’re getting what you pay for. While some companies boast of low costs, our priority has always been—and always will be—delivering safe stem cells to our customers without fail. To get an idea of just how committed we are, continue reading about our rigorous quality control measures:
- Each batch of stem cells is properly tested for any infections prior to being sent for processing.
- Testing both the stem cells and the equipment ensures that there are no gram bacteria or mycoplasma present.
- Endotoxin levels are also considered and only a specified amount of endotoxin is allowed.
- To ensure the safety of these cells, they undergo testing to make sure there are no signs of bacteria or mutations. If those tests come back clean then these cells can be used for treatment.
- In addition, our cells come with a Certificate of Analysis which can provide reassurance to customers about the quality of each batch.
Though there are other possible treatments available to people who wish to live life to its fullest potential, none can match the new stem cell treatment option. For example, if someone suffers from degenerative disk disease then they may find themselves dealing with this ailment for their entire lifetime. Until now however, patients have had no hope for a cure or quick recovery; but that could all change thanks to these Stem Cell Treatments for Degenerative Disk Disease in Delhi India.
Patients who have been given stem cells in the past say that their day-to-day lives improved and so did their bodily functions. These patients shared how, before receiving these treatments, they had already accepted that there was no cure for them – which led to them wasting away all day long. However, after hearing about the possibilities of having stem cell treatment, they feel free once again and are seeing themselves living a happy life ahead.
Research has shown that there is still a lot of potential for stem cell therapy in patients with degenerative disk disease in India. With continued study, it may eventually lead to cures even for severe cases. For now, we urge you to come see us at our advanced facility if you are suffering from degenerative disk disease so we can administer these regenerative treatments, which have had such amazing effects on others before.
Ajit Kumar (Delhi, India): I had degenerative disk disease and my doctor told me that I needed surgery, but I wanted to avoid it if possible. I found stem cell therapy and decided to give it a try. I was skeptical at first but then I went ahead with the treatment and I was amazed. I did not have to go under the knife and I am doing great. The procedure itself was not as painful either. I am definitely going to recommend this to anyone in need.
Thomas Marsden (Thirsk, England): I had been suffering from degenerative disk disease for months before I found out about Stem Cell Care India. This center offers affordable treatment using adult stem cells, which have been proven to help with a variety of joint and bone problems. I was surprised at how easy and painless the treatment was, and I noticed major improvements in my health and mobility within days of the procedure.
Anna Voigt (San Antonio, Texas): I have degenerative disk disease, and I had some really bad pain. I tried this stem cell treatment and I got really good results. It was less painful, and it was really safe. I would recommend this treatment to anyone who has degenerative disk disease and needs a safe but effective treatment.
The quality of our treatment and standard of procedures are certified and maintained with the guidelines of the below-mentioned organizations in consideration:
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare (NABH)
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Good manufacturing practice (GMP)
It is important for us to follow up with our patients from time to time so that we can monitor their progress and avoid unexpected consequences. This will increase the likelihood of a successful recovery while also decreasing worries about things like safety or liability. Staff at Stem Cell Care India will follow up with patients in one month, two months, and six months to track the progress of your treatments. They also offer support during this time if any need arises.
Related Disorders for Stem Cell Treatment
osteoarthritis mesenchymal stem cells
stem cell therapy for myofascial pain
allogeneic stem cell transplant osteoporosis
stem cells osteomalacia therapy
Can stem cells cure arthritis?
mesenchymal stem cells sports injuries
stem cells for treating ankylosing spondylitis disease
can stem cells help avascular necrosis
can stem cells heal nerve damage