An abrasion can be described as a scratch that runs deeper than the outer layer of the skin and requires medical attention for healing. For most of the abrasions that surface out of normal skin scratches and injuries, the following steps would suffice in helping the healing of the wound. These would include cleaning the wound’s abrasion and removing any debris that might be lodged in the scar.
After cleaning, an even layer of antibiotics such as neomycin or bacitracin should be applied to prevent the wound from getting any infection. Dress the wound if the abrasion is painful; topical analgesics such as Lidocaine and Benzocaine should be applied when seeing a doctor in the cases of skin abrasion. In case of extensive abrasion, a systematic analgesic might be necessary. Limit exposure of the wounded skin from direct sunlight.
Most kinds of skin abrasions do not require immediate medical attention unless they are very deep wounds with severe bleeding. Still, if any of the following conditions appear, even after taking the right kind of precautions and medication, it’s essential to undertake immediate medical help.
- An abrasion that has ended up covering a large area of the body.
- Numbness or lack of feeling at the site of the wound or injury.
- Wounds with wide gaping gaps.
- An abrasion on your face.
- When the cut or the scratch experienced is deeper than a quarter of an inch.
- The scar or the cut leaves the skin layers beneath the epidermis exposed.
- Visit a doctor immediately if you have has an overdue tetanus vaccine.
- In case the wound is on a part of the body that is hard to reach and attend to, take medical help as soon as possible.
- Having a scar due to a traumatic or violent accident.
- Visit a doctor immediately if the bleeding does not stop even after applying pressure for at least five minutes.
The following signs would become apparent in case a wound gets infected; if any of the signs show up, consider undertaking a doctor’s appointment as soon as possible.
- Skin irritation.
- A wound that is healing rather slowly and does not show any signs of improvement.
- If you experience fever after getting the injury for more than 4 hours.
- If the wound leads to a lump in your groin or armpit.
- Presence of yellow-green or brown pus in the affected area.
- A foul-smelling and cloudy discharge from the wound.
Several cells have been subjects of detailed studies for their applicability as remedies in Skin wounds; here are a few of the observations that researchers reported after the studies.
Bone Marrow-Derived Stem Cells
These have been one of the most profound proponents of the study; during the studies, Bone marrow-derived stem cells were showcased to provide several advantages such as Rapid Proliferation, vast differentiation capacity and extensive anti-inflammatory effects. In addition, a local administration for these cells would help increase the rehabilitation rate.
Adipocyte Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Another main proponent of the studies is that these cells showcased ease of harvest, rapid proliferation into the skin, a vast differentiation capacity and angiogenic properties. However, these cells further showcased several disadvantages; these included decreased proliferation and density compared to that of the BMMSCs, which May have poorer anti-inflammatory effects. While these cells have been rigorously studied to provide increased anti-inflammatory effects, a lot more research is required for the significant use of these in treating skin issues.
For stem cell therapy in India, contact Stem Cell Care India. A prime institution which has been helping patients recover from some of the most severe medical conditions through their Stem Cell Therapy. Their experienced staff can help you plan your treatment without any hassles whether you reside in India or abroad. The profound applicability of Stem cells in the treatment of the diseases or conditions has led to leading medical help for quite a lot of diverse needs.