Ataxia is a medical ailment instigated by loss of function in the cerebellum and and/or dysfunction of its pathways (brain stem, spinal cord). In maximum circumstances, the disease is instigated by hereditary mutation (hereditary ataxia) with spin cerebella ataxia (SCA) and Friedreich’s ataxia (FRDA) being the most common. The cerebellum acting as a coordination center in the brain explicates why patients spotted with ataxia slowly develop symptoms such as gait/walking shakiness, dysarthria (slurred speech) and folks affected might begin to fall without warning. The progression of the ailment might later result in fatigue, swallowing impairment, abridged coordination, tremors, decreased mental attentiveness and unpaired motor functions. Few conventional treatment choices are available for patients spotted with ataxia, which chiefly concentrate on alleviating the symptoms. None of them are essentially treating the loss of neurological function instigated by cell degeneration in the cerebellum, brain stem and/or spinal cord. Stem cells have the aptitude to regenerate incapacitated cells in the body, assisting to reduce/reverse the symptoms and permitting ataxia patients to improve.
Do you know about Ataxia?
Ataxia is a condition in which muscle strength and balance are impaired. This has an influence on a number of movements, including but not limited to driving, dining, and researching. The cerebellum is the part of the brain that regulates movement. It’s right behind the brainstem, at the middle of the brain. Ataxia may be caused by damage to — or degeneration of — the nerve cells in or near the cerebellum. Ataxia can also be caused by genes inherited by the ancestors. Ataxia will hit someone at any age. It’s frequently gradual, which means the symptoms get worse over time. The rate of development varies depending on the person and the diagnosis of ataxia.
Ataxia is a rare condition. Just about 150,000 people in the United States are believed to have it. Mutations of particular genes that you inherit from your parents induce hereditary ataxias. These mutations may cause nerve tissue damage or degeneration, resulting in ataxia symptoms.
- Head injury. Harm to your mind or spinal rope from a hit to your head, for example, may happen in a fender bender can cause intense cerebellar ataxia, which goes ahead all of a sudden.
- At the point when the blood supply to a piece of your mind is hindered or seriously decreased, denying cerebrum tissue of oxygen and supplements, synapses kick the bucket.
- Cerebral paralysis. This is a general term for a gathering of clutters brought about by harm to a youngster’s mind during early advancement — previously, during or not long after birth — that influences the kid’s capacity to facilitate body developments.
- Immune system illnesses. Numerous sclerosis, sarcoidosis, celiac illness and other immune system conditions can cause ataxia.
- Ataxia can be an exceptional entanglement of chickenpox and other viral contaminations. It may show up in the mending phases of the contamination and keep going for a considerable length of time or weeks. Ordinarily, the ataxia settle after some time.
- Paraneoplastic disorders. These are uncommon, degenerative issue activated by your resistant framework’s reaction to a carcinogenic tumor (neoplasm), most usually from lung, ovarian, bosom or lymphatic malignant growth. Ataxia can show up months or years before the disease is analyzed.
- A development on the mind, dangerous (threatening) or noncancerous (favorable), can harm the cerebellum.
- Poisonous response. Ataxia is a potential symptom of specific prescriptions, particularly barbiturates, for example, phenobarbital; narcotics, for example, benzodiazepines; and a few kinds of chemotherapy. These are essential to distinguish in light of the fact that the impacts are frequently reversible.
- Unsteady walk and a propensity to bumble.
- Poor Coordination
- Difficulty with fine engine errands, for example, eating, composing or securing a shirt.
- Change in discourse.
- Involuntary to and fro eye developments (nystagmus)
- Difficulty gulping.
Since so many years, we have been developing comprehensive stem cell treatment protocols for ataxia to overcome the restrictions of conventional therapies. In our protocols, stem cells are combined with specialized therapies for ataxia that not only concentrate on helping the patient to handle their symptoms, but also treat the direct reason of the symptoms by stimulating the healing of the brain/spinal cord injury. We believe that our comprehensive treatment methodology for ataxia gives our patients the superlative likelihoods of improvements, offering a better quality of life. Our stem cell treatment program can be applied to diverse kinds of ataxia including SCA1, SCA2, SCA3, SCA6, AOA1, Friedreich ataxia, ataxia instigated by brain injury and more.
Get Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia
For those hoping to heal or reverse motor neuron-related brain injury, Neural Cell Therapy for Ataxia and Autoimmune Cerebellar Ataxia is a potential treatment option. Stem cells are unspecialized cells that have the ability to differentiate into some kind of cell or tissue in the human body. Stem cells are unique in that they can differentiate and replicate forever. Adult stem cells can also divide into differentiated cells like: Using stem cells to treat ataxia
Cells of the bone, muscle, and nerves
Renal cells are the cells that make up the kidneys.
Alveolar Cells (Alveolar Cells)
Tissues of the Heart
Adult stem cells can be used to repair diseased and weakened body tissues, muscles, and tumours for the treatment of Ataxia with Stem Cells because they have the capacity to make new cells and tissues in the body. More detail on stem cells can be found here. Stem cell treatment for ataxia is non-invasive (no surgery) and long-lasting. Our Ataxia protocol aims to restore weakened and/or diseased tissues caused by trauma or genetic conditions like Spinal muscular atrophy.
How Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia works?
Embryonic stem cells are produced from the fertilised egg and sperm at a particular stage of development. In vitro fertilisation clinics revolutionised the method of mixing sperm and egg in a test tube, resulting in a blastocyst. The inner cell mass appears in the blastocyst after about eight days, and it includes pluripotent stem cells, which are very strong embryonic stem cells. To get these stem cells out, you have to kill the embryo, which has become a major issue. However, after the stem cells have been removed, they can be cultured forever. They can be grown for weeks, months, or even years. You can produce as many cells as you like – in essence, factories – by splitting and dividing these cells. They can be transformed into almost any tissue in the body once they’ve been developed. Embryonic stem cells can be used to make any of the 250 tissues that make up the body.
VIP Treatment to Patients at Stem Cell Care India
- The therapy sessions given to the patients at Stem Cell Care India in India occur in the VIP treatment room in the advanced clinic.
- 24*7 supervision is maintained on the patients by the efficient medical team.
- Stem Cell Care India highly recommends the patients stay for a minimum of 3 days in Hospital.
Stem Cell Care India Treatment Procedure
- Pick up from the Airport to the Hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Admission procedure
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Stem cell Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
- For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
- Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
Frequently Asked Questions
How can a doctor find out what’s behind your ataxia?
A neurologist will examine you to decide if you have ataxia symptoms, which suggest a problem with the cerebellum or the underlying nervous system pathways. Neurologists will order laboratory testing, such as blood tests, neuroimaging, such as a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the brain, or cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) examination, depending on the age of onset, the existence of a family history of ataxia, and the underlying neurological signs to pinpoint the causes of ataxia. To determine the cause of hereditary ataxia, genetic testing in the blood or muscles may be needed.
What is the cause of ataxia?
Ataxia can be caused by a variety of conditions that affect cerebellar activity. The cerebellum is a high-energy-demanding brain area that necessitates precise energy balancing, rendering it susceptible to a variety of susceptibilities, including nutritional, immune-mediated, degenerative, and genetic factors. Younger patients are more likely to have inherited causes of ataxia, while older patients are more likely to have degenerative causes of ataxia. A variety of patients may develop ataxias due to nutritional or immune-mediated causes. Seeking the precise cause of ataxia can be a complex task that often necessitates thorough diagnostic examination by an ataxia expert. Having a correct diagnosis, though, is critical because it can lead to tailored care depending on the cause, as well as inclusion in clinical trials.
Implantation Of Stem Cells: The stem cell implantation can be done in the following ways.
- Intravenous administration
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Liberation angioplasty
- Surgical administration for stroke
The purpose of our stem cell treatment is to reinstate neurological function in the brain/spinal cord lesion region, thus, numerous categories of improvement are possible after our treatment and our previous patients have experienced the following:
- Improved balance and coordination
- Reduced fatigue
- Improved speech
- Diminished tremors
- Improved motor function
- Enhanced swallowing
- Lessened neuropathic pain
- Improved mental vigilance
It is imperative to remember that improvements experienced by patients diagnosed with hereditary ataxias might not be perpetual, as stem cell treatments do not at present have any influence on the hereditary origin of these particular categories of ataxia. In such circumstances, periodic treatments might be required to keep a stable condition. Lastly, as for any medical treatment, improvements cannot be promised.
Every patient gets an outsider authentication (broadly certify lab), for quality, amount of feasibility of cells.
The Staff at Stem Cell Care, India will call you following one month, two months and a half year to see the improvement of the treatment. This encourages us refine our conventions to improve further. You can likewise require some other assistance on the off chance that required.
Most people have no clue what ataxia is, let alone the early symptoms. They might pass off the disease as clumsiness because it’s a condition that worsens slowly and refuses to aggravate any further which means patients gradually start to suffer from mobility issues like getting confused and losing focus. Neurologists are needed to diagnose the disease and even then, MRIs can also be useful for providing clues about what kind of ataxia is present, although the diagnosis can still be unclear due to the nature of the disease itself.
Stem Cell Care India is the renowned stem cell clinic for Ataxia in Delhi, India, and hence, always ensures that it maintains the quality and safety to the fullest. We promise to keep providing international-grade treatments and post-treatment assistance to all the patients in need from around the globe at affordable prices. We also promise to never compromise on your safety and only assign the most experienced, understanding, and talented specialists to your disposal for the treatment. Our tools and other types of equipment are thoroughly screened before use to make sure they aren’t infected. Our facilities have state-of-the-art infrastructure and the latest machinery. We are dedicated to helping you get better as your happiness is our pride.
Santos Whitaker (Ohio, USA): I did some research and found the best stem cell care in India. I took dad there and he’s been doing great! My father’s ataxia is curing very rapidly. He’s able to walk and talk again. We take him to the doctor for check-ups every few months and the doctor says the treatment is doing a great job. We’re thankful to Stem Cell Care India.
Jeanne Kern (Illinois, USA): I was told that the only way to get better from Ataxia was an extensive surgery, which I wasn’t willing to take. Then a friend of my parents told me about stem cell treatment. I traveled to India to start a new life with hope for the future. I was really surprised to see how affordable the whole process was, despite being performed by experienced medical professionals. I had several procedures, and my ataxia is improving day by day. At this rate, I will be back to my normal self in no time.
Miłosz Adamczyk (Siemianowice, Poland): I was suffering from ataxia and needed treatment. I heard about stem cell treatment. I started looking for a clinic and read about many places. I saw one from SCCI. The reviews were really good. I contacted them. They were really good. I had the treatment. I am happy with the results. The clinic was nice. I recommend it to others.
Inherited Ataxia: Inherited ataxias come from mutations in genes that are passed down from your parents. These genetic conditions can lead to nerve damage and degeneration. This is what leads to symptoms of problems with coordination and other types of movement problems.
Acquired Ataxia: Acquired ataxia usually occurs because of damage to muscles and nerves from an outside source, like a disease or injury, as opposed to being a condition passed down through genetic coding.
Idiopathic Ataxia: Sometimes you won’t find an identifiable cause of your ataxia. This affliction is referred to as being idiopathic.
Stem cell therapy is an alternating treatment modality for patients who need treatment for various health issues. Many patients prefer India as it quickly emerged as the new hub for stem cell treatment since many hospitals and institutes started offering it at a relatively low cost in the country compared to other parts of the globe. Quality of the treatment is our priority along with affordability and availability of reliable information or advice needed by the patient.
The cost of stem cell therapy in Stem Cell Care India depends upon various medical factors like the type of ataxia, the number of stem cells being administered, and the current health condition of the patient and treatment needs.
As per our observations, the majority of the patients that undergo stem cell therapy experience great results. Recent observations and data collected on stem cell treatment for ataxia show:
- The balance and coordination of the patients were significantly better after the therapy.
- Patients post-treatment also presented a fine improvement in their motor skills.
- Better quality of speech was noticed in the patients after administration of stem cells.
- Limb and Muscle strength of the patients after the therapy was found to be significantly enhanced.
- Reduction in fatigue, tremors, and neuropathic pain was also confirmed in patients after treatment.
Stem cell treatment for ataxia is the most promising method of its kind. Research suggests it can deliver steady improvements when it comes to repairing motor neuron functions that have been irreparably damaged as a result of genetic defects. The same research indicates that Stem cell therapy for ataxia can improve life expectancy and quality by addressing the most pertinent conditions related to degenerative diseases. Further reasons to choose stem cell therapy as your preferred method of treatment are as follows:
- Stem Cell Therapy has been proven by various research and trials to be safe and effective.
- It is non-surgical and hence only requires minimal invasion for implantation of cells.
- This method is comparatively less painful than any other effective treatment for ataxia available on the market.
- Treatment for Ataxia is conducted in only 3-days and therefore doesn’t requires any long-term hospitalization (except in some severe cases).
- As stem cells are implanted to reach the affected area and start their effects, patients usually start to feel effects after a near-immediate interval of implantation.
- Due to its organic nature, this therapy has no major side effects.
We take care to ensure transparency when it comes to the stem cell treatment we offer in Stem Cell Care India. It goes through many quality control tests before the stem cells are even implanted and our methods are advanced at every step. We guarantee safe, effective treatment for all of our patients who come for Stem Cell Treatment for Ataxia in India or any other condition. Our quality control guidelines are as follows:
- Proper tests of stem cells are performed to ensure that they do not carry any infectious diseases.
- Each batch of cells is screened for gram bacteria to maintain the safety of patients.
- Even the media used for processing and storage is precisely screened for the possibilities of mycoplasma or gram bacteria.
- Each batch of cells is also passed through an endotoxin test and only moves forward if the quantity of endotoxin is less than the threshold value.
- For maximum safety, the final wash of source stem cells is also screened for any mutations or possible aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms.