Ataxia is a medical ailment instigated by loss of function in the cerebellum and and/or dysfunction of its pathways (brain stem, spinal cord). In maximum circumstances, the disease is instigated by hereditary mutation (hereditary ataxia) with spin cerebella ataxia (SCA) and Friedreich’s ataxia (FRDA) being the most common. The cerebellum acting as a coordination center in the brain explicates why patients spotted with ataxia slowly develop symptoms such as gait/walking shakiness, dysarthria (slurred speech) and folks affected might begin to fall without warning. The progression of the ailment might later result in fatigue, swallowing impairment, abridged coordination, tremors, decreased mental attentiveness and unpaired motor functions. Few conventional treatment choices are available for patients spotted with ataxia, which chiefly concentrate on alleviating the symptoms. None of them are essentially treating the loss of neurological function instigated by cell degeneration in the cerebellum, brain stem and/or spinal cord. Stem cells have the aptitude to regenerate incapacitated cells in the body, assisting to reduce/reverse the symptoms and permitting ataxia patients to improve.
Do you know about Ataxia?
Ataxia is a condition in which muscle strength and balance are impaired. This has an influence on a number of movements, including but not limited to driving, dining, and researching. The cerebellum is the part of the brain that regulates movement. It’s right behind the brainstem, at the middle of the brain. Ataxia may be caused by damage to — or degeneration of — the nerve cells in or near the cerebellum. Ataxia can also be caused by genes inherited by the ancestors. Ataxia will hit someone at any age. It’s frequently gradual, which means the symptoms get worse over time. The rate of development varies depending on the person and the diagnosis of ataxia.
Ataxia is a rare condition. Just about 150,000 people in the United States are believed to have it. Mutations of particular genes that you inherit from your parents induce hereditary ataxias. These mutations may cause nerve tissue damage or degeneration, resulting in ataxia symptoms.
- Head injury. Harm to your mind or spinal rope from a hit to your head, for example, may happen in a fender bender can cause intense cerebellar ataxia, which goes ahead all of a sudden.
- At the point when the blood supply to a piece of your mind is hindered or seriously decreased, denying cerebrum tissue of oxygen and supplements, synapses kick the bucket.
- Cerebral paralysis. This is a general term for a gathering of clutters brought about by harm to a youngster’s mind during early advancement — previously, during or not long after birth — that influences the kid’s capacity to facilitate body developments.
- Immune system illnesses. Numerous sclerosis, sarcoidosis, celiac illness and other immune system conditions can cause ataxia.
- Ataxia can be an exceptional entanglement of chickenpox and other viral contaminations. It may show up in the mending phases of the contamination and keep going for a considerable length of time or weeks. Ordinarily, the ataxia settle after some time.
- Paraneoplastic disorders. These are uncommon, degenerative issue activated by your resistant framework’s reaction to a carcinogenic tumor (neoplasm), most usually from lung, ovarian, bosom or lymphatic malignant growth. Ataxia can show up months or years before the disease is analyzed.
- A development on the mind, dangerous (threatening) or noncancerous (favorable), can harm the cerebellum.
- Poisonous response. Ataxia is a potential symptom of specific prescriptions, particularly barbiturates, for example, phenobarbital; narcotics, for example, benzodiazepines; and a few kinds of chemotherapy. These are essential to distinguish in light of the fact that the impacts are frequently reversible.
- Unsteady walk and a propensity to bumble.
- Poor Coordination
- Difficulty with fine engine errands, for example, eating, composing or securing a shirt.
- Change in discourse.
- Involuntary to and fro eye developments (nystagmus)
- Difficulty gulping.
Since so many years, we have been developing comprehensive stem cell treatment protocols for ataxia to overcome the restrictions of conventional therapies. In our protocols, stem cells are combined with specialized therapies for ataxia that not only concentrate on helping the patient to handle their symptoms, but also treat the direct reason of the symptoms by stimulating the healing of the brain/spinal cord injury. We believe that our comprehensive treatment methodology for ataxia gives our patients the superlative likelihoods of improvements, offering a better quality of life. Our stem cell treatment program can be applied to diverse kinds of ataxia including SCA1, SCA2, SCA3, SCA6, AOA1, Friedreich ataxia, ataxia instigated by brain injury and more.
Get Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia
For those hoping to heal or reverse motor neuron-related brain injury, Neural Cell Therapy for Ataxia and Autoimmune Cerebellar Ataxia is a potential treatment option. Stem cells are unspecialized cells that have the ability to differentiate into some kind of cell or tissue in the human body. Stem cells are unique in that they can differentiate and replicate forever. Adult stem cells can also divide into differentiated cells like: Using stem cells to treat ataxia
Cells of the bone, muscle, and nerves
Renal cells are the cells that make up the kidneys.
Alveolar Cells (Alveolar Cells)
Tissues of the Heart
Adult stem cells can be used to repair diseased and weakened body tissues, muscles, and tumours for the treatment of Ataxia with Stem Cells because they have the capacity to make new cells and tissues in the body. More detail on stem cells can be found here. Stem cell treatment for ataxia is non-invasive (no surgery) and long-lasting. Our Ataxia protocol aims to restore weakened and/or diseased tissues caused by trauma or genetic conditions like Spinal muscular atrophy.
How Stem Cell Therapy for Ataxia works?
Embryonic stem cells are produced from the fertilised egg and sperm at a particular stage of development. In vitro fertilisation clinics revolutionised the method of mixing sperm and egg in a test tube, resulting in a blastocyst. The inner cell mass appears in the blastocyst after about eight days, and it includes pluripotent stem cells, which are very strong embryonic stem cells. To get these stem cells out, you have to kill the embryo, which has become a major issue. However, after the stem cells have been removed, they can be cultured forever. They can be grown for weeks, months, or even years. You can produce as many cells as you like – in essence, factories – by splitting and dividing these cells. They can be transformed into almost any tissue in the body once they’ve been developed. Embryonic stem cells can be used to make any of the 250 tissues that make up the body.
VIP Treatment to Patients at Stem Cell Care India
- The therapy sessions given to the patients at Stem Cell Care India in India occur in the VIP treatment room in the advanced clinic.
- 24*7 supervision is maintained on the patients by the efficient medical team.
- Stem Cell Care India highly recommends the patients stay for a minimum of 3 days in Hospital.
Stem Cell Care India Treatment Procedure
- Pick up from the Airport to the Hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Admission procedure
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Stem cell Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
- For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
- Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
Frequently Asked Questions
How can a doctor find out what’s behind your ataxia?
A neurologist will examine you to decide if you have ataxia symptoms, which suggest a problem with the cerebellum or the underlying nervous system pathways. Neurologists will order laboratory testing, such as blood tests, neuroimaging, such as a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the brain, or cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) examination, depending on the age of onset, the existence of a family history of ataxia, and the underlying neurological signs to pinpoint the causes of ataxia. To determine the cause of hereditary ataxia, genetic testing in the blood or muscles may be needed.
What is the cause of ataxia?
Ataxia can be caused by a variety of conditions that affect cerebellar activity. The cerebellum is a high-energy-demanding brain area that necessitates precise energy balancing, rendering it susceptible to a variety of susceptibilities, including nutritional, immune-mediated, degenerative, and genetic factors. Younger patients are more likely to have inherited causes of ataxia, while older patients are more likely to have degenerative causes of ataxia. A variety of patients may develop ataxias due to nutritional or immune-mediated causes. Seeking the precise cause of ataxia can be a complex task that often necessitates thorough diagnostic examination by an ataxia expert. Having a correct diagnosis, though, is critical because it can lead to tailored care depending on the cause, as well as inclusion in clinical trials.
Implantation Of Stem Cells: The stem cell implantation can be done in the following ways.
- Intravenous administration
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Liberation angioplasty
- Surgical administration for stroke
The purpose of our stem cell treatment is to reinstate neurological function in the brain/spinal cord lesion region, thus, numerous categories of improvement are possible after our treatment and our previous patients have experienced the following:
- Improved balance and coordination
- Reduced fatigue
- Improved speech
- Diminished tremors
- Improved motor function
- Enhanced swallowing
- Lessened neuropathic pain
- Improved mental vigilance
It is imperative to remember that improvements experienced by patients diagnosed with hereditary ataxias might not be perpetual, as stem cell treatments do not at present have any influence on the hereditary origin of these particular categories of ataxia. In such circumstances, periodic treatments might be required to keep a stable condition. Lastly, as for any medical treatment, improvements cannot be promised.
Every patient gets an outsider authentication (broadly certify lab), for quality, amount of feasibility of cells.
The Staff at Stem Cell Care, India will call you following one month, two months and a half year to see the improvement of the treatment. This encourages us refine our conventions to improve further. You can likewise require some other assistance on the off chance that required.