Critical Limb Ischemia is popular as the severe stage of peripheral artery disease in which an individual will face the situation of significant blockages in blood flow to arms, legs, or feet. The chances are very high of increasing the risk of heart complications. Some of the causes of Critical Limb Ischemia are sudden pain, numbness, and slow-healing sores on arms, legs, or feet. Apart from an intense foot or leg pain, there are an ample amount of Critical Limb Ischemia symptoms like thick toenails, when hands, feet, or legs are cold, no pulse in your legs or feet, very dry feet, etc.
Recommended Diet by Experts
Stem Cell Care India, the top Stem cell therapy centre in India has professional doctors and they suggested the right nutrient diet if any of you facing Critical Limb Ischemia.
- Fruits and vegetables: It is better for every individual to consume fruits and vegetables because they are rich in antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Best of all, these nutrient-dense foods are beneficial for vascular health. Better to note the best foods and vegetables like berries, citrus fruits, leafy greens, and cruciferous vegetables.
- Whole Grains: Quinoa, brown rice, whole wheat, and oats are good sources of whole grains and the point to note is they are high in fiber. The benefit to go for whole grains is they can regulate blood sugar levels. In addition to this, whole grains food will help in reducing cholesterol and improving heart health.
- Adapting Lean protein source: The biggest reasons behind choosing lean protein source food are getting necessary amino acids and they are lower in saturated fats. When you choose lean protein-source foods, such as skinless poultry, fish, legumes, and low-fat dairy products they will improve heart health and weight management both.
- Put hands on healthy fats: An individual need to replace saturated and trans fats with healthier options, such as olive oil, avocados, etc. All these sources of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are advantageous for reducing inflammation and guarantee to improve blood lipid profiles.
Some Top Nutrients to Focus
It is indispensable to improving overall vascular health. Our experienced doctors are not only popular for stem cell treatment in Delhi, but also they have great experience in sharing the best nutrients with those who are facing Critical Limb Ischemia. Have a look at the below-jotted points-
- Omega-3 fatty acids: –You will find this nutrient in fatty fish (such as salmon, mackerel, and sardines), flaxseeds, and walnuts. Also, this nutrient possesses anti-inflammatory properties. Another reason why Omega-3 fatty acids are so popular is they eliminate the risk of blood clots and easily can promote arterial health.
- Vitamin C:- The doctors are recommending Vitamin C because it can strengthen blood vessels, can improve blood flow, and is best for the production of collagen. Allow us to share some of the sources of Vitamin C: Citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi, bell peppers, and broccoli.
- Vitamin E: –If you want to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation then the only optimal solution is Vitamin E. It will also help in protecting against arterial damage. Every individual must add some of the top-notch sources to their diet like almonds, sunflower seeds, spinach, and avocados.
- Garlic: – The biggest reason behind focusing on this nutrient is it holds a key to unlocking cardiovascular benefits. Not everyone knows the fact that it has anti-inflammatory properties which will help you to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels. When you get in touch with a professional healthcare consultant they will tell you to incorporate fresh garlic into your cooking.
- Magnesium: The decision to intake magnesium is correct as it can help in improving endothelial function. You can expect better blood flow through this rich nutrient. Some of the great sources of magnesium are leafy greens, nuts, seeds, whole grains, and legumes.
How to Manage Sodium and Fluid Intake?
- Read out Food Labels: You must check out the sodium content in food products. After that, select the right option that has lower sodium levels. Set your target of less than 2,300 milligrams of sodium per day.
- Fluid intake should be under control: By knowing your medical conditions, your healthcare provider will suggest going with specific fluid restrictions. It is imperative to follow their guidance to manage fluid retention.