When it comes to chronic and degenerative disorders, there is always a hefty gradation of dysfunction. Whether the condition is metabolic, respiratory, neurological or orthopedic, the underlying reason of the symptoms is practical. For instance: Arthritis in joints is not something we catch. It is something that develops over several years on account of poor function and unwarranted wear and tear. Think about the alignment on a car. If the alignment goes misbalanced, the wheels wear down. The same is correct for our joints. Thus, two things are vital to reestablish a normal healthy joint, eradicate pain long term, and prevent surgery.
- Repair and regenerate tissue
- Restore function
The same is right for maximum other chronic, degenerative conditions. There is an underlying reason or dysfunction resulting in tissue mutilation. So, while stem cell offers the very best means for promoting tissue repair and regeneration, we must also address the functional constituent or the real reason. That is why at Stem Cell Care India, we offer cutting-edge therapies accompanied by stem cell in a functional rehab and functional medicine paradigm.
Our objective is to promote long-term respite of symptoms, cut or eradicate the need for medicine(s), and inhibit surgery while improving our patients’ quality of life. Here are some elementary points one needs to know about functional rehabilitation so as to fully comprehend and appreciate what it can do for patients:
- Functional rehabilitation is a therapy procedure that combines numerous methods from several diverse fields and focuses in an effort to help an injured individual go back to their optimum level of health and physical performance.
- This therapy takes account of strength, flexibility and agility, amid other emphases so as to help somebody overcome an injury and return to living their life free of pain and injury restrictions.
- In maximum circumstances till date, functional rehabilitation was limited to sports treatment, but it can also be useful in getting folks back to an occupational level after a work-related injury or to support those suffering serious damage from falls, auto accidents or other cases.
- Doctors working with the person must know the history of the injury that is being treated and whether it is a physical injury or something occasioning from an ailment or chronic condition. With this basis, they can decide the best therapy course for each individual they work with.
- Knowledge of past and present movement restrictions, pain levels, deteriorating symptoms and physical aims will also be taken into consideration for therapy sittings.
- Physical therapists will often carry out tests so as to evaluate reflexes, walking, muscle control, posture, balance and other systems and functions to record progress.
- Physical exams, muscle manipulation, strength testing, accompanied by imaging tests such as X-ray, CT, or MRI, will often be used in amalgamation with therapy session activities to watch over and record progress and to watch for any new or ongoing problems.
- The overall objective of functional rehabilitation is assisting the patient to overcome the injury and occasioning pain and physical limitations it brings and to help them go back to an active, healthy, and pain-free lifestyle. If this is not conceivable, the objective is to get patients as close to that original status as potential and to help them live life completely with their new precincts.
Differences in functional rehabilitation
One of the major differences in Functional Rehabilitation and other forms of rehabilitation is that particular keyword: functional. Therapy that is functional is tailor-made to the person and fits his or her requirements and unique lifestyle and objectives after rehabilitation. After a detailed assessment, certain workouts and treatment steps will be recommended that fit the patient, his or her unique situation and that match with the patient’s requirements and wants after therapy is successful. Ponder it like this. If you have lower back pain or shoulder pain, and your objective is to be able to return to playing golf, your treatment plan and workout routine and rehab procedure will integrate things common to the game of golf. Stretches will look like the back-swing of golf and the bending position required during any of the postures in the game. Your strengthening workouts are going to concentrate on core strength and permitting you stand upright and be on your feet for lengthy periods of time. There will be no workouts or treatments that do not concentrate on getting you back to your game. This same methodology is what would be used for any pain treatments, for any aims you have and for working on all regions in the body.The outcomes are of high-quality and long-term and the ultimate objective is giving you back to the life you deserve.
* Disclaimer: Individual patient outcomes might differ. As each patient’s problem is different, each treatment must be tailor-madras per your particular requirements.