Optic nerve disorders can cause vision problems and can affect one or both eyes. The optic nerve contains millions of nerve fibres carrying images of what the eye sees to the brain. As these nerve fibres get damaged, the brain stops receiving information in the correct manner thereby blurring the vision. This condition is also called optic atrophy and optic neuropathy.
The damages to the nerve fibers cause different types of eye disorders. The disorder of the optic nerve can be caused by developmental factors or acquired factors. Till date there is no proven treatment for optic atrophy. However, the treatment that is started before the development of optic atrophy can be helpful in saving useful vision. The role of intravenous steroids is a proven treatment in case of optic neuritis or arthritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy. Early diagnosis and prompt optic nerve atrophy stem cell treatment can help patients with compressive and toxic neuropathies.
Stem cell treatment holds a key for the future treatment of neuronal disorders. Neural progenitor cells delivered to the vitreous can add into the ganglion cell layer of the retina, turn on neurofilament genes, and migrate into the host optic nerve. The optic nerve fiber is made of axons from the retinal ganglion cells, which usually do not regenerate after injury, resulting in lifelong visual loss. In recent studies using hamster models, anterograde tracing and electrophysiological responses disclose that a small number of axons can regenerate all the way back to the superior colliculus. In other studies, remapping of the retina was noted in the superior colliculus following axon regeneration. These findings have given hope to clinically meaningful regeneration of axons, which may become a reality in the near future. You can now cure this disease with stem cell eye treatment in Delhi, India.
Some of the common symptoms of optic nerve atrophy are:
- Abnormal colour vision
- A sudden or abrupt loss of vision
- Change in the optic disc
- A reduction in sharpness of vision
- Involuntary movement of the eyes
- Difficulties with peripheral (side) vision
A comprehensive eye exam is done to determine the cause of ONA including a complete medical history, colour vision, side vision, visual acuity assessment and pupil reaction. An ophthalmologist determines the condition of optic nerve using an instrument. If it appears pale, then it indicates loss of nerve fibres. MRI of the orbits and brain and blood tests may be necessary.
Latest researches have revealed that Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells can differentiate into nerve cells, neovascularise (formation of blood vessels) immunomodulate when injected into the affected area, thereby improving symptoms and prolonging lives. Steroids and other disease modifying drugs cannot cover all the symptoms and are aimed at managing only specific symptoms. Again, the concern of critical side effects of drugs is also there. With MSC treatment, there is no such concern.
In StemCellCareIndia, we use the unique technology of Mesenchymal stem cells extracted from Wharton’s jelly (WJ) for treating MS. WJ-MSCs offer cost-effective and pain-free collection method that may be cryogenically stored, and are extremely favourable for tissue engineering purpose. They might help in the three prominent ways – prevent damage, repair damage and develop new medicines. The treatment will take place in multiple steps comprising of the following.
- Qualification for the treatment: Our experts will investigate your past medical history and symptoms to assess the severity of your condition. A series of tests will be performed to understand the stage of disease. As per the test results, our experts will counsel the patient for further process of the procedure.
- Source Extraction: With guidance and approval from the physician, the source of extraction will be decided. In general, WJ-MSCs are the most potent allogenic sources available. Stem cells from a healthy person (the donor) are transferred to the patient’s body. A bone marrow donor is considered for allogenic stem cell transplantation. A scraping from the inside of the patient and his or her sibling’s cheek is tested to determine tissue type. An expert will examine to identity Human Leukocyte Antigens (HLAs). If the HLA on the donor cells are identical or similar, the transplant is more likely to be successful.
- Laboratory Processing: The extracted samples will be sent to government approved cGMP laboratory for processing. The sample manipulation will take place in a state-of- art facility in compliance with the ISO and GMP standards and using the latest technologies. The client will receive a third party certificate from internationally accredited lab for quality purpose.
- Stem Cell Implantation: Once the stem cells are ready to be implanted, the doctor will identify the most potent method of infusion based on the patient’s physical and mental well being. The only limitation of allogenic stem cell treatment is that this procedure carries the risk of developing GVHD, whereby the patient’s body rejects the donor stem cells. Human leukocyte antigens (HLA) can help minimise the risk. In this procedure, the HLA of the patient and donor are matched as closely as possible.
Optic nerve atrophy stem cell treatment Aftercare: The patients will be asked to visit the doctors for evaluation. You will be provided counselling for speedy recovery.
1.Do I would like to habitually examine my eyes?
Yes, it’s continuously better to visualize your eyes on a daily basis. Young adults between the cohort 20-39 ought to have their eye checkups once each 3-5 years. Whereas adults between the cohort 40-64 ought to have their eye checkups once each 2-4 years. just in case of senior voters higher than sixty five years aged, ophthalmic visit ought to be once per annum. no matter age teams, some folks sorted below the class of high risk adults ought to additionally visit specialist once a year like folks with polygenic disorder, sturdy case history of eye disease, folks with AIDS etc.
2.Will performing at a video display or sitting near TV screen harm my eyes?
No, there’s not nonetheless any scientific proof that these instruments emit rays that may be harmful to the eyes, but long operating hours typically and thence it’s often useful to require periodic breaks, wanting off within the distance etc.
3. Sometimes I do notice dark uneven spots or floaters particularly on the white surface, is that this the explanation on behalf of me to worry?
These area unit the common eye issues that area unit indications of retinal or membrane malfunctioning . it’s continuously better to go to the doctors as early as doable.
4.Why have step by step found it more durable to scan while not glasses?
The ability to focus the close to objects decreases with age and is said as farsightedness. The condition is thought because the natural aging of the optic lens. The condition is usually irreversible with standard optic nerve atrophy stem cell treatment, however, stem cells will to some extent reverse the harm naturally, with complete stoppage of additional progression.
5.Will my kid possible to inherit some eye problems?
Yes, a number of the attention disorders like eye disease, photophobia etc. area unit ascertained to be directly joined up with a genetic disorder which may either be hereditary or modification. However, a number of the common eye issues like burns, membrane harm, etc. area unit joined with environmental harm.
6.Can eyes be transplanted?
No, there are not any evidences presently to transplant the complete eyes, but a part of the attention will be replaced if an acceptable donor is found.
7. Can somatic cell treatment, reverse my damage?
Yes, stem cells area unit the pristine cells of the body, which may bring about to several differing types of cells upon correct signaling. just in case of eye disorders, these cells have shown outstanding enhancements by differentiating into photoreceptor cells, rods and cones cells of the inner eyes, second cranial nerve cells, etc. This differentiation is achieved terribly naturally with minimum manipulation outside the body, victimization autologous stem cells sources like bone marrow or fat
Stem Cell Treatment for Optic Nerve Atrophy, Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India, Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy Cost in India, Affordable Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India, Low Cost Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India, Price of Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India, stem cell treatment for Optic Nerve Atrophy in Delhi, stem cell treatment for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India, stem cell Hospital for Optic Nerve Atrophy in Delhi, stem cell Hospital for Optic Nerve Atrophy in India